Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 15:03   #16
BHPian

Re: Is VW following Skoda's After Sales Service ethics and morals???

Gives you the jitters doesn't it, when such brands are treating their customers like crap you really think do you want to give them your custom.

First Skoda now VW, Audi is also not particularly nice so what is that unique USP for these cars now and please German engineering doesn't mean squat when reliability is so bad and maintenance of that engineering has perils of its own.

To top it all their cars are so damn expensive than the competition and that too with a premium for almost everything added. I think these guys should really sit on the drawing board and re draft their strategy in India if they want to get anywhere soon.
Old 31st October 2012, 15:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Mod Note: The original post and all replies have been moved to an independent thread.

Shocking stuff. Am really regretting getting a VW now. Think I will sell it off before it starts giving real trouble.

I have a story to narrate as well, just give me a couple of days. Not as shocking as Ajmat's or Sunil's friend's case, but still discomfiting.
Count me in also. Once the car cross 2-3 years, parts can start failing, and not sure how I am going to deal with such arrogant dealers and parent Company. This is more scary since the attitude is so indifferent even during warranty period. I am holding on since the car is a gem and has made up for the service troubles. But can't have the same confidence once the car ages. Soon Polo and Ventos may flood used car markets if this continues.
All this when other companies like Ford are introducing initiatives like 'Quick Lane Service centre' to give more value to the customers.

Last edited by poloman : 31st October 2012 at 15:15.
Old 31st October 2012, 15:16   #18
BANNED

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2864850

This thread sums up all discussions on today on owning a VW & SKODA.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Frustrated my friend gave an ultimatum that he'll go to the consumer courts. The Service agent's reply stunned him and me when I heard it, "We are a big company having lots of well placed people at hand to deal with people like you" .
Do you know the name of this service adviser in question? That is outright shocking behavior quite unlike most of the service experience we have had in Kolkata till now. Specially when comparing the horror stories other TBHPians have experienced who own a VW car in other cities. Also that extended warranty contradiction is equally shocking, will have to now go through mine in detail. It might also help posting on VW's FB page though of late those guys have even stopped responding to posts on that page.
Old 31st October 2012, 17:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
All this when other companies like Ford are introducing initiatives like 'Quick Lane Service centre' to give more value to the customers.
Ford actually replaced fuel pump 5 times at their cost in my Ford Ikon 1.6 nxt (the last of which was a few weeks outside the extended warranty but was a recent repeat case).

However, fuel lines being choked is another scam, during first service of my Ikon, I was shown a fuel filter that appeared badly choked, I somehow was not convinced, asked them to hoist the car and then compared the filter dimensionally with what was on my car. The one they said they had replaced did not look particularly new, moreover did not match the one that they were showing as clogged. I pointed this out to their manager as well. From next service onwards nothing like this took place.
Old 31st October 2012, 18:58   #21
gemi_kk

Even i am surprised to see such comments made by SA. Afterall VW is in india to make, sell and make some profit.

Every company makes profit by selling cars, services and spares. In order to make more profits, they need to sell more and serve more. Volumes will bring more spares, which inturn gives more profits.

VW way of making profits is to sell cars at a premium and charge Heftily. No sales and no service. They want to increase profits. so inflate bills and spares cost. I dont understand why they are scaring people to visit their showrooms. A VW showroom is around 1km away from my home and Vento pulls my strings. But do i have guts to go there? NO.

Why are they trying to make money by just by sqeezing customers. Will they ever be successful in india?

Old 31st October 2012, 19:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: VW Dealer Woes : Polo fuel pump failed. Dealer won't cover in warranty

The HPFP failure in TDI engines were very famous and some common even in the US from VW. With a country like US and law like in US the consumers could do nothing. The fault was bad fuel quality and they asked the consumer to pay.

Search for HPFP failure in BMW and you will know what they did for similar issue and you will not be surprised what BMW did.

VW are completely arrogant and would only want to find a reason to no honor warranty.

The HPFP failure in VW is common and give a google search. You will have to find a way to convince the SA and VW to help you with this case.
Old 31st October 2012, 20:27   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power

Frustrated my friend gave an ultimatum that he'll go to the consumer courts. The Service agent's reply stunned him and me when I heard it, "We are a big company having lots of well placed people at hand to deal with people like you"

Related Threads/Posts:

Ajmat's Jetta woes
Sunil's friend's Polo ends up smashed
The sordid Skoda saga
Reply like that deserves a broken jaw. I wish a service rep would say that to my face when I'm having car trouble; he'd really get what's coming.

On a different note, reading this story, should I review my decision to buy a VW car ??
Old 31st October 2012, 22:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a different note, reading this story, should I review my decision to buy a VW car ??
Depends on your luck though. There are happy customers in VW stable and there are so-so happy ones and unlucky ones like this as well.

There are cars that have run over 100000 kms in the last two years from this stable and ask them they would buy another VW blindfolded.

There are Honda and Maruthi customers who have been unlucky in instanses that they cannot imagine would happen from Honda or Maruti.

So wish for trouble free time with the car and plan for exigency including expenses before buying any car. If its a 10L car keep a 5 year budget of 15L just to be on the safer side
Old 1st November 2012, 00:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Maybe mine is a blanket statement but I would put my bet on a Maruti or a Hyundai or even Tata for that matter to solve your problems than on companies like VW or Skoda for that matter. Superior products they have, maybe, better build quality than Maruti, yeah sure, in some departments like rattles, but Maruti product will be less head ache to maintain in the long run. Call Maruti's toll free number and report a problem you have had with a dealer even if your car is 5 years old Swift or a 10 year old maruti 800 and see Maruti act like Big boss and set the dealer straight with a sword and whip.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:42   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Depends on your luck though. There are happy customers in VW stable and there are so-so happy ones and unlucky ones like this as well.

There are cars that have run over 100000 kms in the last two years from this stable and ask them they would buy another VW blindfolded.

There are Honda and Maruthi customers who have been unlucky in instanses that they cannot imagine would happen from Honda or Maruti.

So wish for trouble free time with the car and plan for exigency including expenses before buying any car. If its a 10L car keep a 5 year budget of 15L just to be on the safer side
I don't think the post I wrote is for generalizing anything. Exceptions are always there. Some of my friends were never happy with Hyundai in the past, but there are others including me who are happy. And there is a genuine interest from the Hyundai management to cater to customer needs.

The whole point of this thread is to educate each other here. When one is at the receiving end of such treatment that's when it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. That said, even I had contemplated the german's for a while when looking to buy a used car back in 2010, but dropped due to obvious reasons.
Old 5th November 2012, 15:17   #27
gemi_kk

Everything is Fine, What's the Actual cost of Fuel pump in Polo/Vento?

If it is somewhere around 8K then both the parties (customer and service centre) could contribute equally (Goodwill) and get a new fuel pump for the customer. Why going to consumer courts and other stuff?

I would request the owner of the car to not to go to consumer court. In the best case, the judgement would take one year. For the worst case, read harish thread. After that VW would put a stay on the judgement and appeal again. Do you want to go thru such trauma? you wont be able to use your car for atleast one Year. Is it fine with you?

I think TDI engines have normal fuel pump. They dont have high pressure fuel pump like CRDI engines. They have individual HPFP for each Injector and No common rail like CRDI. guys plesae correct me if reqd.

If any injector is blocked, what would be the cost of Injector and fuel pump associated with each injector? Just trying to check whether it could be done or not.

Old 5th November 2012, 15:46   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Everything is Fine, What's the Actual cost of Fuel pump in Polo/Vento?

If it is somewhere around 8K then both the parties (customer and service centre) could contribute equally (Goodwill) and get a new fuel pump for the customer. Why going to consumer courts and other stuff?

I would request the owner of the car to not to go to consumer court. In the best case, the judgement would take one year. For the worst case, read harish thread. After that VW would put a stay on the judgement and appeal again. Do you want to go thru such trauma? you wont be able to use your car for atleast one Year. Is it fine with you?

I think TDI engines have normal fuel pump. They dont have high pressure fuel pump like CRDI engines. They have individual HPFP for each Injector and No common rail like CRDI. guys plesae correct me if reqd.

If any injector is blocked, what would be the cost of Injector and fuel pump associated with each injector? Just trying to check whether it could be done or not.
I agree that it takes time to get a judgement in consumer (or even other civil/criminal) courts but that should not dissuade you from asserting your rights. Companies with big spending on advertising and brand promotion often prefer to settle rather than suffer a judgement holding that their service had been deficient.

Even otherwise, going by that logic, you may not sue or take legal action against anyone because it takes more than a year for all kinds of cases to be decided.
Old 6th November 2012, 17:21   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is in relation to Skoda's parent company VW.

Frustrated my friend gave an ultimatum that he'll go to the consumer courts. The Service agent's reply stunned him and me when I heard it, "We are a big company having lots of well placed people at hand to deal with people like you" .

Well he has filed a case and as it proceeds I'll post the results or whereabouts of it.
This sort of reply really gives you jitters and puts a big question mark on the reliability of such big organisations as also their ultimate business strategy for India. I have full sympathy for your friend for what has happened and do not support such brash behaviour from the SA. But on a logical note I think he should have talked directly with the Service Incharge or MD of the showroom to settle the matter amicably. If there was no other way than to take legal action then what your friend did is OK, but it'll spoil the future relation with the dealership also.

Meanwhile has the car been attented and repaired or is it lying idle somewhere in the garage.
Old 8th November 2012, 18:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
This is in relation to Skoda's parent company VW.