Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2012, 16:26   #1

Irresponsible Tata Cars Dealer - Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

Note from Mod: There were several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

I booked A Tata Venture GX model at Manakular Motors, Pondicherry. After following up for date of delivery for 10 days, I was told that the BSIII version has stopped production and there is no stock available.

I was followed up by the dealer for payment like anything. I have applied for loan through a private bank and the same has been sanctioned to the dealer. After payment of almost 95% of money and after 10 days, they say that the car is not available. Now I have no choice but of cancelling the loan and the cost incurred for applying for the loan (Rs. 3500) is loss for me.

Now who will pay me this money?

I have every evidence of the transactions made.

Last edited by GTO : 31st December 2012 at 09:45. Reason: See Mod Note in your post
Old 30th December 2012, 21:36   #2
BHPian

re: Irresponsible Tata Cars Dealer - Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

If I remember correctly, Manakular motors are not the TATA authorized dealers for Pondicherry. I discovered this when I went shopping for my Safari 2 years back. I went to VST Cuddalore and my experience was outstanding. I suggest you take your business there.
Old 31st December 2012, 06:24   #3
Senior - BHPian

re: Irresponsible Tata Cars Dealer - Manakular Motors, Pondicherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimani View Post
now who will pay me this money???
i have every evidence on the transactions made. if required i will post the same.
The dealer must pay the money. To apply a loan, one of the documents needed is a written estimate, detailing the ex-showroom price, insurance, RTO registration charges etc. Only when this is provided, the bank calculates 85% / 90% of the price and does the financing. Did this estimate / proforma say something like Tata Venture GX BS3 ? If the estimate says so, The dealer is responsible as they are the face of the company.

I think Manakular is an authorized dealer for Venture. Talk to the south zone Tata motors office but am not sure how much warm their response would be for a sum of 3500/-.

Irresponsible Tata Cars Dealer - Manakular Motors, Pondicherry-temp.jpg
Old 31st December 2012, 07:35   #4
BHPian

Hello srimani,

Why not write to The TATA sitims about this? Even if they don't refund this amount to you, there's a strong chance that they shall provide an equivalent discount to you when, you place the booking with another dealer.

TATA surely is not taking it's customers seriously! :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks