Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2013, 23:11   #1
BHPian

Vision Skoda - the best Skoda experience so far

I lately had a very good experience with this Škoda dealership at Thrissur, Kerala and thought will share with all of you. I went there for an accident repair and I haven't had heard about them before. Unlike the usual Škoda customer care, the front office was extremely friendly and gave me all the information I wanted very quick. My service supervisor was a cool guy named Rinku. He was so transparent from the very beginning till the delivery of the car. He gave me the right expectation from the beginning. I found him very dedicated and passionate about his job. One thing I liked the most about them was that unlike other dealers they were flexible. They took care of some of my small requests - like painting scratches on the rear bumber and side mirrors - with no additional cost. I talked to the service manager Prasanth and even he was very open and transparent. Vision Škoda is a relatively new Škoda dealer. They have been in the industry for quite some time with Honda dealership and perhaps that is the secret behind their excellent customer care. They have been equipped with a very good body workshop and skilled staff as well. From what I knew from Rinku they are looking for expanding to bigger space very soon.

Vision Škoda
Paravattani
Thrissur

POC:
Service manager: Prasanth
Service Supervisor: Rinku

I will find the office telephone and update this thread later.
rajni is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 15:33   #2
BHPian

Re: Vision Skoda - the best Skoda experience so far

Its good to see atleast one good report on Skoda service among a sea of complaints of poor / dubious service doing irreparable damage to the reputation of a good product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajni View Post
Vision Škoda is a relatively new Škoda dealer. They have been in the industry for quite some time with Honda dealership and perhaps that is the secret behind their excellent customer care.
Is this a sign that Skoda is overhauling their service setup, throwing out troublesome agencies and bringing in competent ones? Wonder what prompted Vision guys to move from Honda to Skoda.
Old 9th January 2013, 16:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
I lately had a very good experience with this Škoda dealership at Thrissur, Kerala and thought will share with all of you.

Vision Škoda
Paravattani
Thrissur
I opened the thread hoping to see what Škoda Vision D concept has to do in India in the year 2013?
Later came to know its the Name of the Dealer. Anyways, nice to see some positive feedback about Škoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
Its good to see atleast one good report on Skoda service among a sea of complaints of poor / dubious service doing irreparable damage to the reputation of a good product.

Is this a sign that Skoda is overhauling their service setup, throwing out troublesome agencies and bringing in competent ones? Wonder what prompted Vision guys to move from Honda to Skoda.
rajcs, most people care to provide feedback only after burning their hands, hence sea of complaints. Has to admit Škoda ranks top among others when it comes to A.S.S.!

I could only hope its effect of overhaul, else as rajni mentioned it could be the only effect of their long-term relationship with Honda. Soon the usual Škoda A.S.S. effect may overshadow it!

To be honest, I haven't faced any such special good/bad experience with Škoda yet worth reporting. Hope it continues.
Old 9th January 2013, 16:47   #4
BHPian

Their office telephone is given below:

0487-2376237
860-6811-222

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajcs View Post
rajcs, I am not sure about that. But, I seriously hope Škoda comes with some steps to control the bad guys or give a try to new guys like this. This is the 4th Škoda dealer I am dealing with - and the first 2 of them were really bad - in terms of customer care, flexibility, transparency etc.
Old 9th January 2013, 17:05   #5
Senior - BHPian

FYI Vision Honda and Vision Skoda are part of the Popular Motors group.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:34   #6
BHPian

Thanks rajni. It is some hope for Skoda owners like myself. I happened to see a VISION SKODA dealership in Kannur as well.

Leads me to believe that VISION has probably stolen the stale cake from MARIKAR. I cant say for sure.

Hope VISION continues to provide the sam3 service standards.
Old 9th January 2013, 18:35   #7
BHPian

I've said this before and I will say this again. Let's give credit where it is due guys. We don't waste one second to royally and publicly bash Skoda up for their fallacies/shortcomings. And for good reason too. Similarly as a proudly neutral group, we should be prompt enough to accept and acknowledge something to the contrary. I'm seeing such positive stories every now and then on T-BHP - which is quite heartening to know especially as a Skoda owner.

It is good to see at least one agency from the Skoda hut trying hard to stem an almost irreversible tide. Skoda knows that it has a good product on its hands and there is potential to build on that. If they are going to be in this for the long haul, after sales servicing levels have to be tip-top. Skoda after sales cannot continue to be a horror story year after year.

I think such incidents (although few and far between right now) are certainly a sign that Skoda is aware of the situation and trying to do something about it. Perhaps overhauling their service setup, weeding out the troublemakers and swapping them with competitive ones is finally put on the agenda. We certainly hope so!
Old 9th January 2013, 18:40   #8
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Happy to see a happy story about Skoda. Its important to crib publicly when things go wrong but in all fairness it is equally important to appreciate publicly when things go well. That's my view and general practice too.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 08:42   #9
BHPian

I second Rajnis opinion.

On Dec 12, I had my Fabia serviced at Vision Motors , Calicut. It was my first visit to them. All previous services were done by Marikkar Engineers, now removed from Skoda's authorized dealers.

Vision Motors, belongs to the Popular Automobiles group, one of Maruti's leading distributors. They are also Honda car dealers in some parts of Kerala.

Now my car does very little running around. In four years it has clocked all of fifteen thousand Km! My first three services were free of charge as I had purchased my car under 3 year Zero maintenance Bills package. During the third service the dealership was on the verge of closure, but my car was serviced to my satisfaction, including free changing of spark plugs.The spark plugs though not in stock were replaced a week after the service and the job was done at my residence 90km from the dealer ship. I appreciate Marikkars' honoring the committment.

Coming to Vision Motors, the Service Center was manned by very courteous staff and the facility it self was spacious and had an airy feel to it . The facility was a on old theater converted into an A.S.S.

Just after the third service a minor whining sound started emanating from the rear of the car. Initially I doubted a faulty silencer or something from that side of the car. It was a constant whine which started as soon as I gunned the engine and continued till it was switched off. It was barely audible inside Fabias' studio like sound proof insides, yet it was there.There was no apparent change in the vehicle behavior. I even had a long drive to Ooty where the car did good speeds without breaking a sweat.Yet the sound would irritate me.
The local mechanic was unable to trace it. I did some research via Briskoda, which indicated a likely fuel pump motor problem.
At Vision Motors, the service adviser located the sound to the precise area and identified it as mentioned on the Briskoda site.It had to be changed according to them. I gave them the go ahead.Approximate value was quoted @Rs.4500-5000/= As I braced myself to the likely pay out, the service manager came to me and gave the best news I had in recent days. There was service campaign in progress it seems and that the fuel pump motor was being replaced free of cost in that campaign. I was like.
That apart, I must say the overall service was done in good time and my bill including oil change, wiper change, fuel filter replacement and labor charges came to Rs.6397/=
The overall experience was devoid of any negative experience save for my scalded tongue which happened because I took drinking water from the HOT outlet without bothering to check. But in the evening as I cleared by bills , the guys at Vision motors had clearly marked the water dispenser with HOT-NORMAL-COLD markings as a warning!:
VISION MOTORS CALICUT
jnpai is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 14:55   #10
Team-BHP Support

To add on, I visited Vision Skoda showroom in Thrissur last week, to enquire on the Rapid/Laura. The staff who attended me was extremely courteous, and the responses were clear and crisp. Without asking, he suggested going for a TD, and all throughout he was patiently answering to my questions, explaining the features without being pushy or over-intrusive. Very impressive indeed!
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 16:05   #11
BHPian

I also had a very good experience when I was buying my yeti in Dec 2011. The delivery was delayed from the promised date due to reasons out of their control. I was finishing my leave and was upset thinking I will have to travel back without driving my new yeti, however they gave me their test drive vehicle a brand new yeti with less than 4k kms driven (without any fancy stickers of test drive car like the maruti's). I did some long trips in this vehicle and was reassured on my decision to buy the yeti. I kept the vehicle for almost a week until my new yeti was delivered.
Although I am from kochi I bought the vehicle from vision skoda trissur as they had given me the best price 17.3 lakhs onraod for a 4x4 yeti elegance much better than the kochi dealer could offer me
Catamaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2013, 21:41   #12
BHPian

Glad to see more good feedbacks about Vision.

As I said in the first post, I happened to deal with Vision when my car met with an accident. In fact, it was somewhat a major accident and thanks to Škoda's unbeatable quality, may also be read as the German Engineering quality, none of us had even minor injuries. It took 15 days for the spare parts to reach. Despite the Christmas/Newyear holiday season these guys finished all work at amazing speed within the committed time. The impatient me couldn't resist rushing to the Garage when I learnt from Rinku, the service supervisor, that the Bill is being prepared. He took me for a test drive which was a mix of the Thrissur 4-lane highway and some internal rough road. His explanation to all my questions were in detail. He even tested the temperature in the cabin using an external thermometer to ensure that the A/C is working fine. I mean, that was his dedication. At the end of the TD I was 100% satisfied - my car was exactly how it was before the accident. Oh, not exactly - they had painted off some small scratches on the rear bumper and side mirrors - so it looked brand new! The service manager, Prasanth, was very kind to deliver the car even before receiving the official approval from the Insurance company. Overall, I am so happy with Vision and hope they try to keep up this good work. I hope they open up more branches soon and recruit more such passionate staff.
rajni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2013, 16:17   #13
BHPian

Hi Rajni you are right, I purchased my Rapid TDI Elegance Plus MY13 on 13-02-13 from Vision Skoda Calicut. But the delivery was from their booking office in Kannur. So guess the vehicle need to be moved to Kannur from Calicut by driving. And i was really worried about the transit, like what sort of driver will drive my new car, Will he drive through potholes etc etc.

So by the time of delivery i was very carefully checked everything before taking delivery of my vehicle and the result upsetting one.

Front left Tyre's side wall was in torn condition (Must have driven through poth holes)

Front left door window side beeding was having some bubbles on it.

Anyhow i was in rush to take delivery of my vehicle. So just asked them to mention the errors in my invoice and the same in my feed back form.

The next day morning someone from Vision Skoda visited Kasaragod and replaced the beeding. And on 4th day another team visited us and replaced the tyre.

I was never expecting this from skoda after sale service after reading all errors from skoda india through Team-bhp.

I must say its the magic of Vision Team. Hope they serve us nice in the future as well.

Quote:
I lately had a very good experience with this Škoda dealership at Thrissur, Kerala and thought will share with all of you.

Vision Škoda
Paravattani
Thrissur

POC:
Service manager: Prasanth
Service Supervisor: Rinku

I will find the office telephone and update this thread later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks