Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2006, 10:40   #1
BHPian

Feedback on service at SOLAR Automobiles on St.John's road, Bangalore

Hi

I was looking around at the MASS service stations in bangalore. Has any one tried getting their vehicle serviced at Solar Automobiles situated at St.John's road (Near Naga Theater)? How good is their service?
Old 9th May 2006, 11:27   #2
BHPian

One word of advice - AVOID. U can go to RNS/Sagar/Mandovi.

Purchased my first car (a Maruti Van) from them and they delivered a Lemon. Had a flat tyre within 30 hours of taking delivery. Gear shift used to heat up like crazy even during normal short drives. They absolutely refused to acknowledge it was a lemon or to do anything about it. I heard later (dont have any proof ofcourse) that they purchase lemons from Maruti at a huge discount and then make a killing selling it at a normal rate.
Old 9th May 2006, 19:25   #3
BHPian

@Wheeliej : bro he is asking about the service at SOLAR automobiles,not about the sale from PRatham Motors.

Well i would beg to differ.I always give my car there for service and i must say they do a very good job.They are very polite and finish their work before time and give a call saying the car is ready..And i must say they do a real good job at servicing.All my problems(if any) are solved and the car moves like a dream....
Old 10th May 2006, 11:17   #4
BHPian

Someone who has had bad After sales service would normallly get the hint and avoid going to the same place for service, right? A vendor who has cheated you on a 200k product is not suddenly going to become good with a 1k service.
Old 10th May 2006, 11:43   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeliej
Someone who has had bad After sales service would normallly
get the hint and avoid going to the same place for service, right?
A vendor who has cheated you on a 200k product is not suddenly going to
become good with a 1k service.
Apparently you hadn't read carefully the post you responded to ! Why SOLAR
should be responsible for what PRATHAM (apparently) had sold you ? Because
they are in the same compound ? I'm unaware Solar even sell cars in Bangalore
anymore. I had the impression that service is their primary business now. And to
add to the confusion, there is a used car dealership too, in the same compound !

Anyway, I had my car serviced twice by SOLAR to date , and they seemed ok
to me (at least better than Bimal). One of my friends is going to them for years.
Old 10th May 2006, 12:34   #6
BHPian

The problem is that both Solar and Pratham are in the same location so its misleading.
I have had very good experience in Solar. The car feels really good after service....
AVOID PRATHAM MOTORS. they are TERRIBLE .... They have a service center in Outer ring road and my experience has been really bad. They just did a car wash.. Nothing of what I had mentioned was attended to.
Solar is much better, infact I found it much better than Sagar. I havent tried Mandovi.
Old 10th May 2006, 12:41   #7
BHPian

I've been a regular at Solar for service over the last 4 years.. They are quite efficient and get the job done pretty well..

I've given my car for service once at Pratham (outer ring road).. and found them to be extremely unprofessional..

At Solar, I've never had an occassion where they did not fix issues I mentioned while handing the car over ..
Old 11th May 2006, 08:13   #8
BHPian

I think both the outfits are essentially run by the same people under two different company names I am not sure for what reasons. Solar used to sell vehicles and service them. Subsequently they split the sales and the service between Solar and Pratham. I had approached them first to buy my previous car and was completely put off with their complete disinterest. So went and picked up my car from Sagar. Have been very happy withn Sagar's service too. Went to Solar once to get some service done and in my opinion, their didn't compare anywhere near Sagar's Service.
Old 11th May 2006, 10:05   #9
BHPian

PRATHAM , IMO , is really bad at service and problem diagnosis. My friend had a bitter experience in getting the fule pump replaced when the problem was some thing else.

Used to get my car serviced at Solar around 2 years back. Couple of times I had to go back with the same problem. So now I avoid them

Deepu
Old 11th May 2006, 12:11   #10
BHPian

solar is a very good place for servicing rajdeep sir trust me just leave car there if your not satisfied goto makwell on j.c road notsure
Old 11th May 2006, 12:22   #11
BHPian

How's Bimal as against Solar? I've only heard mixed responses so far.. I think I will try them once..
Old 11th May 2006, 13:47   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgc_cool
How's Bimal as against Solar? I've only heard mixed
responses so far.. I think I will try them once..
You had been happy with Solar, -- why fix something that ain't broke ?
I've had poor experience with Bimal, and have seen several others
not satisfied with their service.
Old 11th May 2006, 13:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat
You had been happy with Solar, -- why fix something that ain't broke ?
I've had poor experience with Bimal, and have seen several others
not satisfied with their service.
Actually, Bimal happens to be on the way to my new workplace.. so, may be more convenient.. But, given that I visit the service station <=3 times in a year, it is probably not worth trying new tricks!
Old 13th May 2006, 21:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Solar/Pratham./.. Bad news!!.. Highly avoidable...

I used to use UM Cars - for over 4 years... opp Diamond District... Extremely good!
Old 24th February 2008, 00:38   #15
BHPian

need help!!!

hi, my vehicle is due for its 20k service, thinking of giving it to solar automobiles.Is their service good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks