Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2013, 18:24   #1
BHPian

Good experience with Ford and Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

I bought my Red Figo Titanium on the 17th of October, 2012 from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore.

In the 2nd week of February 2013, I noticed that the letter "T" in Titanium had dropped off and also that several other alphabets in the logo were loose. I felt that these alphabets could drop off anytime. What also struck me is that in my 30 years of owning 6 odd new cars, never once did I have this kind of a problem. I assumed that this is a manufacturing problem, especially since the other alphabets in the emblem also seemed ready to fall of any time.

I dashed off a mail to Ford in their website, quoting the VIN number. That was the last I thought of the issue, convinced that I would have to pay for the part and mentally deciding to go to the dealership when convenient.

To my surprise, within 2 days of my mail, I got a call from Ford customer service, Chennai. After hearing a verbal version of what I had written in my mail, he asked me to take the car to the dealership, where, he said he could arrange for a replacement under warranty. This is what he did. I got the logo replaced at Lathangi, after the Lathangi customer service person got a call from Ford Chennai.

This was a pleasant experience, hence thought of sharing in this forum.

Cheers,

Sridhar
Sridhar C E is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 19:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good experience with Ford and Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Having done 5 services from them, i can say that

-Service is completed within the mentioned time
-No delays with spares
-Competent and accommodating SAs.

What i don't like with them is the way they handle customer cars, within and outside the service centre: twice i have witnessed SAs rallying between CK Palya and their Bannerghetta road service centres.
Old 13th September 2013, 08:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

Lathangi Ford has started a new service centre near Electronic City 1.
Old 13th September 2013, 10:37   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Lathangi Ford has started a new service centre near Electronic City 1.
Has it started? I saw it 3 days back and it was still WIP. This one is next to the BMW showroom (Navnit)
Old 13th September 2013, 10:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Has it started? I saw it 3 days back and it was still WIP. This one is next to the BMW showroom (Navnit)
My SA at CK palya service centre told me that the Hosur road centre has started to function.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 06:21   #6
BHPian

Yes, it has started to function. My Figo is scheduled for its second free service next week at this new service center. I will post my impressions soon!
Old 11th December 2015, 11:41   #7
BHPian

Horrible service experience at Lathangi Ford Bangalore

My friend had a horrible service experience at Lathangi Ford Bangalore. I thank God that he and family are alive. Please see the email below from him to Ford Customer care.

Quote:
First of let me Thanks GOD that we are still alive to write this complaint.
I normally give my car Ford Figo (KL-43 B7377) for service in Kairali Ford, Cochin and always had great experience and fantastic job done always. I had given there 5 times.
This year for annual service I ended up giving my car for service to Lathangi Service station in Bangalore. As per my request to pick up the car promptly on Saturday 31st Oct one gentle man from Lathangi Ford (Biratena Agrahara Village, Begur Hobli. Hosur Road, Electronic City, Bengaluru) came and took my car. They delivered car after service on 3rd Nov, since I was out of station couldn’t check personally how the service done and whatever there in the car are still there.

In between once my wife took car out for short drive and complaint that there is some noise coming while applying brake and she promptly reported same Lathangi Ford and no body turned up. And nobody used the car there after.
Meanwhile I came back to Bangalore and on 28th Nov we need to go Chennai to attend a function. We drove from Bangalore to Chennai on the way while I was driving felt some sort of strange vibrations and also started hearing some noise while applying break or releasing accelerator.
Since it was Sunday and early morning we couldn’t find any road side workshop to check the issue. We were slowly driving, somehow reached near “Amboor” and found Mahindra First Choice service. We took car inside service station and to our Shock of the Life found 2 Nuts from Right front wheel and 1 Nut from Right back wheel is missing and all almost all the nuts were losing. Shock not over - I have alloys in my car and to tighten the Nut I need the special tool bit, which was also missing in car. Such was the great Wheel Balancing servicing.

I seriously want to personally come to your service centre and say thanks for this great service and experience provided. But need to rush again out of country, couldn’t do that. "Thanks" Ford Latangi Service for your great service and experience provided.

If these IDOTS doesn't how to tighten a Nut properly why the HECK they opened the shop – why can’t you shut down the shop and go for some other job. On top of that Theft also.

Attaching all the supportive documents

Rajanish.
Chopper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:46   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Horrible service experience at Lathangi Ford Bangalore

While I agree on the poor service part from the Service Center, surprised that this was not noticed at all. It is a pretty obvious thing. Especially since there was some issue noticed in the short drive.

Also before setting out on a long journey, it is always advisable at the minimum to give the car a visual once over.

Now a days you cannot blindly believe or keep your trust in the service center. One needs to be vigilant.

Anyways glad that this did not result in any unfortunate event.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 12:58   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Horrible service experience at Lathangi Ford Bangalore

Very shocking, this very obvious omission! Not tightening nuts & bolts, and even worse, not replacing them, is a serious thing. Has the customer escalated this case?

I too have alloys with lug nuts that require a special bit/tool. Metro Ford lost that bit/tool once, and since then, I have always made it a point to:
1. Personally visit the service centre to drop off & pick up the car, and immediately bring the car back within half an hour if something is amiss.
2. Make a point to note down everything of mine that is left in the car that is not standard fitment - including baby seat, alloy wheel bit, aux lamps, God idol, etc.

It is important to remember here that the SA will not write down all these things. You, as a customer, need to take the initiative and note them down when he gives the inventory sheet to sign.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 11th December 2015 at 13:00.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 14:13   #10
BHPian

@KiloAlpha, Rajeevraj- I agree with you guys, but my friend was out of station he couldn't go himself to the service center. They opted for home pick up and delivery.

We need to be vigilant and do an inspection before any long drives or after the service. In this case he wife couldn't do much other than reporting this issue to the service center which wasn't heard well.

My friend had already escalated this issue. Hope to get e reply from Ford India.

@Mods - Can we please change the title of this thread to "Service experience with Lathangi Ford"?

Last edited by Chopper : 11th December 2015 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks