Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 09:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bad experience at Platino Classic, Cochin - Mini Cooper Customer

From the owner's words posted on the MINI India FB page:-

I, an owner of Mini Cooper, regret to inform you that the service provided by Mini in India is PATHETIC. After having 3 full fledged showrooms here in India, the least you can do is keep stock of basic car parts such as a battery. I am asked to wait for a month to get a battery changed (according to what was communicated to me, can give the actual details only once I get it changed) which again was damaged due to lack of care by the service centre. Yes, the car is amazing, but service..PATHETIC! I hope this will be looked into and fixed at the earliest.

It was Platino Classic Kochi who looked into this. I was told that the battery is not available anywhere in India, and the time delay is because they need to get it ordered from Germany.

Last edited by GTO : 16th April 2013 at 12:09. Reason: Typo
foby.sebastian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2013, 12:10   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Platino Classic, Cochin - Mini Cooper Customer

Platino Classic already has a reputation for reportedly selling older cars. Here's a complete discussion on the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...lder-cars.html

Bad experience at Platino Classic, Cochin - Mini Cooper Customer-bmw.jpg

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 16th April 2013 at 12:22.
Warwithwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2014, 10:24   #3
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread with my service experience at platino classic. To sum it up in one word - pathetic!

So it all started off in October last year when I was wrongly informed that I could opt for extended warranty without taking BSI. In fact I was also sent an official mail with the rates for BSI and Extended warranty mentioned separately, without any clause that I couldn't take extended warranty without BSI.

Now last month my car was due for service. This time however the old service advisor had left and the new person said that I couldn't take extended warranty as a stand alone package. In fact he showed me the same old sheet with the rates for BSI and extended warranty, however this time with the clause that I couldn't take extended warranty as a stand alone package. Funniest thing is both these sheets are dated 'effective 1st July 2013'. I was clear that I didn't want to drive my car without extended warranty, now that meant paying 3.5 Lakhs immediately if I wanted my car serviced.

Decided to take this up with BMW India. All I got was sorrys and deeply regret the inconvenience caused. Finally landed up taking BSI since I didn't have any other choice. How mis informed and un co ordinated can platino classic be? I must say that their sales team is very good but when it comes to service, they are beyond pathetic!

Detailed report of this will be put up on my ownership thread. Just thought of warning fellow kochi-ites about what they can expect from platino classic on the service front. Please ensure you get everything in writing and not mail, also make sure it is signed by the service manager. Otherwise you never know what's true and what isn't.

Nevertheless, I don't regret purchasing the bimmer and she does make me forget all these issues every time I hear the engine rev . But its high time BMW India started monitoring this dealership.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks