Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 14:58   #16
BHPian

Re: My experience with Nissan service stations in Mumbai

Cross posting from the Nissan Micra CVT review thread. We are considering the Micra CVT and we stay at Borivali. The only place we have been to, to check the car was Torrent Nissan in Andheri west. I am concerned about the ASS before we plonk our money on the car.
I believe the best options for me are Andheri east and Mira road.
Also how are prices of parts of the Micra (just in case something needs to be changed anytime). And usual service costs (6 month services). I do not want to be stuck with a car which is pricey to maintain and have snoobish ASS.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 02:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I am concerned about the ASS before we plonk our money on the car.
Also how are prices of parts of the Micra (just in case something needs to be changed anytime). And usual service costs (6 month services). I do not want to be stuck with a car which is pricey to maintain and have snoobish ASS.
Hi raksrules,

My friend's micra D costs 4-5k to service every 6 months, so around 8-10k per annum. I guess the petrol should be on the lower side.

Parts cost is on par with the competition. No surprises. The A.S.S. only stock routine wear and tear items and some common parts damaged in accidents. For other parts it takes about 14 days on average for procurement from the factory.

The A.S.S. aren't snobbish per say, but they aren't exactly customer oriented either. I and my friend receive reminders and calls every 6 months for service (even though my car requires a service yearly). If they don't have a particular part in stock, they expect the customer to follow up and come back again.

I have utilized Torrent's services only twice, and that too when they were new. I don't use their services anymore since they don't stock parts for my car, but my friend also reports that the service experience is OK. I haven't used Kamla's mira road branch, so I have no idea how it is; but I had the opportunity to use the services of their kurla branch twice this year:
- first time to replace my ORVM mirror. They had the part in stock, and it took them 2 hours to fix a simple mirror, and that too after a blowout from my side.
- second time to replace my car's air filter. They wanted the car for the whole day. They refused to let me fit it, and deduct the labour charge. Another blow out from me, and they finally let me go my way.

Nissan's customer grievance addresal is not on par with their rivals (especially toyota and honda). Their road side assistance is good, but they don't reign in their dealers as good as toyota or honda. That's the only difference.

Should you go in for the micra CVT? I certainly recommend the car (my friend bought the diesel on my insistence, and he's happy with the product), but only if you are ready to be a little pro-active. Things have certainly become a lot better than the Hoover days, but it's still wise to remain cautious.

Hope this info helps you, and all the best for your purchase.

Thanks,
Simple_car

EDIT: I just saw your post on the test drive thread, and it seems that you are confused b/w the brio AT and micra CVT. I hate to say this, but the micra's build is a little better compared to the brio; but the honda A.S.S. in bombay is better than nissan's. I personally love CVT's so my opinion will be biased towards the micra, but then I am a lot more proactive when it comes to maintainence of my cars, so A.S.S. is not a very important factor when I am buying a car

Last edited by Simple_car : 25th August 2014 at 02:39.
Simple_car is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 08:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Cross posting from the Nissan Micra CVT review thread. We are considering the Micra CVT and we stay at Borivali. The only place we have been to, to check the car was Torrent Nissan in Andheri west. I am concerned about the ASS before we plonk our money on the car.
I've only had bad experiences with the Torrent service centre - wanted my car for an entire day just for a checkup, and that after I'd taken an appointment.
Kamla in Mira Road is quite free, but they take their own sweet time to do things. Quite frustrating. Like the responder above me said - if you need a part, you'll have to follow up.
I've had a good experience at Ritu in Thane, but that got balanced outside by a Rs 50,000 estimate to service a friend's five-year old, 27,000km Micra. It went there for an engine check light staying on, and somehow things like "AC gas refill" made their way into the quotation.

The Micra is a great product, but the service will let you down. There's only one expensive part, and that's a Rs 10,000 worth smart key. If you're planning on keeping the car for a long time, please go with the Honda. Nissan has already said that they'll move production of the Micra out of India for the next generation, so we've only got a couple of years before parts become scarce.

It pains me to say this, but... The Honda is better.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 11:04   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isodope View Post
I've only had bad experiences with the Torrent service centre - wanted my car for an entire day just for a checkup, and that after I'd taken an appointment.
Kamla in Mira Road is quite free, but they take their own sweet time to do things. Quite frustrating. Like the responder above me said - if you need a part, you'll have to follow up.
I've had a good experience at Ritu in Thane, but that got balanced outside by a Rs 50,000 estimate to service a friend's five-year old, 27,000km Micra. It went there for an engine check light staying on, and somehow things like "AC gas refill" made their way into the quotation.

The Micra is a great product, but the service will let you down. There's only one expensive part, and that's a Rs 10,000 worth smart key. If you're planning on keeping the car for a long time, please go with the Honda. Nissan has already said that they'll move production of the Micra out of India for the next generation, so we've only got a couple of years before parts become scarce.

It pains me to say this, but... The Honda is better.
Thanks for your inputs. For a novice car buyer like me ASS has to be stress free. I know I am going OT here but as of now we are considering Hyundai more than Honda as family rejected the Brio AT. Amaze AT is pretty expensive and we have yet to see Grand i10 AT or do a TD of the same.
/OT Ends
Old 25th August 2014, 16:33   #20
Team-BHP Support

I booked a service at Ichibaan Nissan for tomorrow. If I want the service centre to send a driver pick up for the car the date is a month away, even if I'm willing to pay for it. No choice but to send the car with my driver.

Ridiculous!!
Old 25th August 2014, 17:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I booked a service at Ichibaan Nissan for tomorrow. If I want the service centre to send a driver pick up for the car the date is a month away, even if I'm willing to pay for it. No choice but to send the car with my driver.

Ridiculous!!
All these experiences are leading me to believe that first of all Nisaan cars aren't setting any sales charts on fire. In fact Nissan is not even in consideration I guess for most people who are planning to buy a car.
On top of that the service levels are at such pathetic levels.
Not even attempting to better their image.
Old 25th August 2014, 19:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

Ridiculous!!
To be fair, the driver problem exists in most places in bombay. How is the normal service experience otherwise? Do they return the car back the same day?
Do they add any additional useless things like brake cleaning, flush, decarbonizing etc.?

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 25th August 2014, 19:51   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
To be fair, the driver problem exists in most places in bombay. How is the normal service experience otherwise? Do they return the car back the same day?

Do they add any additional useless things like brake cleaning, flush, decarbonizing etc.?

Thanks,

Simple_car

Actually I also own two Hondas and I've never ever had the driver pick up problem with any of the HASS outlets that I've used. Not once even when I've requested this last minute. This is across three different service stations.

On the other points I don't recall having such useless requests where not warranted.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 22:22   #24
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks,
Simple_car
Yup. Torrent had a bad rep who put down bird poo on my car as scratch marks. Kamla wanted to open up my dashboard and AC ducting to replace an AC airmix motor that can be accessed via a panel in the driver's footwell, and for want of a lambda sensor replacement, Ritu wanted Rs 50,000 to do things that were neither asked for nor required.
Oxford in Pune is brilliant, though. Have to give them that.
isodope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 10:47   #25
BHPian

I have also read good things about Oxford Nissan Pune and if my car was to be used in Pune I would have considered.
Old 13th June 2016, 14:39   #26
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
Bringing up an old post...

Are all Sunny owners on tbhp (atleast in Mum/Thane/Navi Mumbai) still going to the authorised service centers for routine maintenance checks?

My Sunny XV is abt 3.5 yrs old now and till recently I was taking it to Ritu Nissan, Thane for servicing. But I have a lot of problems with their service and would like to explore private ones where I can check if I get better service.

I checked with Mahindra's FirstCare and they told me they did not accept Nissan cars. Same with a few smaller garages close to where I stay.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Pls do help.
Old 13th September 2016, 14:11   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
I checked with Mahindra's FirstCare and they told me they did not accept Nissan cars. Same with a few smaller garages close to where I stay.

Hi Everyone,
Any recommendations on this?
Old 16th September 2016, 14:30   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SujAce View Post
Hi Everyone,
Bringing up an old post...

Are all Sunny owners on tbhp (atleast in Mum/Thane/Navi Mumbai) still going to the authorised service centers for routine maintenance checks?

My Sunny XV is abt 3.5 yrs old now and till recently I was taking it to Ritu Nissan, Thane for servicing. But I have a lot of problems with their service and would like to explore private ones where I can check if I get better service.

Original nissan parts are very hard to procure by garages, and the ones who do service the car in Mumbai use sub-par aftermarket parts. That is the reason I suspect the local garages denied you to service the car.
I would advise you to try out the newly opened service centre at govandi (since it is relatively more accessible from thane) or if you are not very keen to try more nissan centres, then parts are available at south bombay automobile hubs (although they are not genuine. The dealers will say that its the same company which manufactures nissan parts etc. etc., but my experience with these parts have only made me a skeptic).

Please let us know about your decision

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 16th September 2016, 14:42   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Original nissan parts are very hard to procure by garages, and the ones who do service the car in Mumbai use sub-par aftermarket parts. That is the reason I suspect the local garages denied you to service the car.
Guess so! Govandi is a good option, but still not easily accessible. I've heard some horror stories abt driver pickup and drop services, so not very keen to explore that option. Anyway, looks like I'm stuck to the Ritu Nissan service centres for now.
Thanks Simple_car for your response.
SujAce is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 22:59   #30
BHPian

Apologies for bringing an old thread from dead. I saw one thread about one person seeking an automatic hatch under 4 Lakh and many people here suggested Micra. That thread also rekindled my interest to buy my first car. In fact long back in 2014, we had done TD of Micra CVT but then I went onsite and car buying went to back burner. Now I am back since last one year and was planning to see if I can buy a cheap hatch.

I like the Micra CVT but I went to Nissan website and don't see even a single dealer / service center in western Mumbai region. I am in Borivali so I would like service center to be on western like somewhere. But if there are none, buying a Micra is risky proposition I guess. Especially for a new driver like me.

So is that really the case that there are no service centers near me (Borivali west)? With CVT gearbox I don't think I can get it services at any other garages.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks