Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Independent MASS or Dealer point
Independent MASS 3 37.50%
Dealer point 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2013, 01:10   #1
BHPian

Independent MASS or Maruti Dealer Workshop?

Note: Mods please delete or move the thread if it is repeated. I could not find an exact thread on this, so starting a new one.
People complain about dealers forcing them to use additives like engine flush, engine decarb, brake bleeding etc. while servicing their cars. From my own experience I find that independent MASSes generally do not force their customers for such things. Also they do not force any unnecessary work. So is it advisable to stick to the combined sales and service outlets or is it ok to go to an independent MASS?

Last edited by 100kmph : 10th September 2013 at 01:13.
Old 10th September 2013, 06:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Independent MASS or Maruti Dealer Workshop?

Independent MASSs are okay for regular service, but they have a limited inventory of parts at any given time - as the car ages, I would say, only big reputed A.S.S!
Old 10th September 2013, 09:59   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Independent MASSs are okay for regular service, but they have a limited inventory of parts at any given time - as the car ages, I would say, only big reputed A.S.S!
I agree with ou somewhat. MASS will give you better service (his earning depends on you) while may not necessarily be equipped for major work (even a dealer may not be either) so you have to take a call. With easy availability of parts of Maruti and (to an extent) Hyundai many independents may also be offering very good service.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I agree with ou somewhat. MASS will give you better service (his earning depends on you) while may not necessarily be equipped for major work (even a dealer may not be either) so you have to take a call. With easy availability of parts of Maruti and (to an extent) Hyundai many independents may also be offering very good service.
Ditto was my visit at a MASS. Unless it is next to a spare parts shop (like FNGs are), you cannot get them to do odd tasks without leaving the car there.
Old 10th September 2013, 15:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Independent MASSs are okay for regular service, but they have a limited inventory of parts at any given time
Agree with you. I had given my 8 month old Ertiga ZDI last week to an independent MASS that I frequent, for steering rack noise. My regular SA over there declined to take up the job and instead steered me towards the Dealer Service Station stating that they were better equipped in terms of spares. Otherwise, for routine servicing and minor repairs I have found independent MASS to be more than adequate.
Old 11th September 2013, 01:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Independent MASS or Maruti Dealer Workshop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babuda View Post
Agree with you. I had given my 8 month old Ertiga ZDI last week to an independent MASS that I frequent, for steering rack noise. My regular SA over there declined to take up the job and instead steered me towards the Dealer Service Station stating that they were better equipped in terms of spares. Otherwise, for routine servicing and minor repairs I have found independent MASS to be more than adequate.

That is because only service stations which have 'sales' too can do a warranty job on your car and not an Independent MASS.

The steering rack noise in a car under warranty warrants an application of grease and damper adjustment as first mode of action with the second being the entire steering system replacement under warranty.

Hence your regular SA steered you towards a dealer service station.
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks