Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2013, 14:28   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Elite / Downtown Bangalore dupe a customer over the warranty

Just got an update from the owner, it gets better!

Quote:
Now Godwin form Elite motors is repeatedly cutting my call when i'm trying to find out what the status is and he's supposed to be the CR manager there. My car has been stuck for 3 days already and if I don't get it out today I will only get it on Tuesday!
Old 12th October 2013, 15:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Just got an update from the owner, it gets better!

Ajmat, I know this is not easy but why don't you and your friend drive down to the work shop and see what's going on?

In such situations a direct answer is required and there is no use beating around the bush with phone calls and emails.

And Like Vidy pointed out how did they sell a Dec 2011 car in May?

Last edited by Captain Slow : 12th October 2013 at 15:34.
Old 12th October 2013, 17:16   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I have asked him to check whether the ECU mileage reading correlates with the speedo reading.
Perfect, but how is he going to check this? They may not allow him anywhere close to the car during repair job.
Old 12th October 2013, 17:34   #19
BHPian

In all probability, the car must have been shown as sold by Elite Motors in May 2011, while in reality it was still in stock. Now, when that happens, the car's warranty begins and VW is none the wiser.

When issues do crop up post warranty, the selling dealer will have to repair the car on FOC basis. But the company's reputation and the customer's confidence in his/her product takes a huge hit.
Old 12th October 2013, 23:41   #20
Team-BHP Support

Finally, it all came to a happy ending. Elite Motors blew the owner off but then this evening, I get this mail

Quote:
BM called me at 5:30pm today to let me know that VW had authorised the warranty replacement. They were kind enough to stay open for me to long enough to get to Rajajinagar and collect my car. I just got home from the service centre with my vehicle.

I just want to thank you sincerely for all your efforts and assistance, am sure without your help things wouldn't have turned around as quickly.
Kudo's to VW to resolving this within a day of posting, that too a holiday weekend, although some transparency on when they would make a decision would have helped. I just hope VW remain alert on the past issues and clean up things.

Last edited by ajmat : 8th December 2018 at 12:28.
ajmat is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 09:03   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Happy ending maybe, Ajit but the fact remains that Elite is still giving the cold shoulder to their customer. It's quite obvious they are doing this replacement "under protest" as it were, and only because VW management stepped in.

I faced a similar issue with my Vento- my HVAC needed to be replaced under warranty and VW Pune (Vidyut) was delaying it saying they didn't have parts etc. I got a routine follow-up call from VW CRM for feedback on the 2nd service and happened to mention the AC thing to them. Next thing I know the dealer is calling me saying, your AC is here, when can you have the car brought in? And at the end of it, the service guy tells me very candidly, we called you only because the VW guys were involved, and even begged me to give a 4 or 5 star rating in the next feedback.

It's very sad that VW has not been able to train its service centres to own the customer's problems. There seems to be a disconnect between the company and its agents which is certainly not the way a car owner views it. For me, VW is its dealers and service centres, and I am sure am no exception.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2018, 21:03   #22
BHPian

5 years on the same issue again!

Elite motors is up to something fishy in my extended warranty.
After many attempts to buy the warranty (surprisingly no one was interested in selling it, and the sales person who sold the car has left the company), I ended up paying the money the ordeal begins.
They ask me for delivery date for which I send the copy of the invoice and the registration. I was surprised they had to ask this as I believe they should have the records.

After nearly a week and repeated followup, they get back with a warranty with a date of sale which is 3 months prior to the date of my invoice.

They are now coming up with a suggestion that I accept a 'dealer' warranty for those 3 months by email!

I am still waiting for that email, its been over 3 days now. There is no way I am going to accept a dealer warranty. I dont even know if they will last for 5 years!

Clearly, service levels are no where close to other brands.
Wonder why volkswagen cant offer an extended warranty online. The hassle is not justified! It should be as easy as renewing a car insurance!
kvish is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks