Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 21:11   #16
BHPian

Re: Ebony Automobiles, Bangalore - Owning a Fiat is nothing but a pain

I thinks lets not get judgemental and give our inputs and experiences.
I completely agree about the dealership's disrespect towards EW, yeah they try their best to go away with that. I had similar issue with KHT once when the struts needed a replacement. I took help of Fiat to get it claimed.

Fiat customer# is helpful but chaotic at times. Issues like not keeping a track of customer calls and their issues etc. is pretty common. Whenever I call Fiat as a followup, the only way to make them remind about the earlier reported issue is to explain the issue again or a sheer luck if you get the same call center personnel who is blessed with good memory.

Question is why every-time one has to follow this protocol of calling Fiat customer# whenever the car goes for service/repair etc. Why not have a stringent process for the dealership the way Japs are doing?
Speed Pujari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 00:46   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Perhaps this part - "Owning a Fiat is nothing but a pain" can now be altered in the title. Yes, the car (like any other manufacturer's car) can throw some issues and the service center at the outset, might not appear competent or concerned enough to solve the issues. Yet most issues do get solved amicably and Fiat does make it a point to provide a resolution that's customer-centric. There are a number of cases that I have seen on this as well as the Fiat specific forum, where the issues weren't completely Fiat's (or its dealer's) fault still, they offered warranty/extended warranty/goodwill-warranty to help the customer.
It's things like these that prevents me from seeing Fiat in the same light as the VAG group in India -- all being European. One of the highest warranty periods in the country and is actually honoured. Plus not being too conservative about things that can void it.

Coming to the actual service center: I don't know about other cities, but Bangalore has several alternatives in this regard and some of them have consistent reputation (and fan-following). Getting a second opinion is something that's possible.
nareshov is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 06:54   #18
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Update :

They have diagnosed and found that the Crankshaft and even the cylinder block is damaged.

After all the drama, they have now agreed to honor the extended warranty and replace the engine. Also, they have agreed to provide a spare car (a Punto). Will update further in a couple of days.
Just wondering - the service centre is to blame for neglecting the earlier signs of the issue(s) but it's also a case of faulty product/part. If the plan is to to go the extended warranty route now, isn't is possible to approach a different FIAT authorised service centre that's more reliable ? I mean why persist with the same guys who neglected the problem for so long ?
Old 28th November 2013, 09:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Update :

They have diagnosed and found that the Crankshaft and even the cylinder block is damaged.

After all the drama, they have now agreed to honor the extended warranty and replace the engine. Also, they have agreed to provide a spare car (a Punto). Will update further in a couple of days.
I think this is the first time any manufacturer has agreed to change the engine of a car within such a short time of the news coming to a public domain.

Whilst that is commendable, what we want is for them to have better control over its service centers such that instances like these are looked into by some expert with some neutrality and reasonability.
GrammarNazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 09:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Well, if nothing else this episode shows that FIAT is definitely trying its best to improve its image. Also I would think this is actually the first time this car has gone to a FIAT service center, rather than a Tata service center handling FIATs.

But I still have some queries.
1. When the warning came up, had the owner immediately taken the vehicle in for inspection or at least talked to a service advisor on the phone regarding the warning?? Especially when the warning came up repeatedly.

2. Did the service center inspect anything, before saying the warning is nothing to worry about?? Or dismiss it immediately??
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 09:36   #21
BHPian

Avi,
Would you mind revealing the where-abouts of this "Ebony" service centre ? Forgive my ignorance but never heard of them.
And the reason for sticking with them for long when Vecto (in particular) & KHT are co-located here in Bangalore ?
Old 28th November 2013, 10:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
Avi,
Would you mind revealing the where-abouts of this "Ebony" service centre ? Forgive my ignorance but never heard of them.
And the reason for sticking with them for long when Vecto (in particular) & KHT are co-located here in Bangalore ?
Ebony is AADYA's Fiat Exclusive name.
DRIV3R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 00:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
They have 'Not' honored the extended warranty yet. There is every chance of them denying it. So, for now I request the title remain the same please.
Hi Avinash, any update on the status of extended warranty? Hope the issue is resolved now.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 20:30   #24
BHPian

Sorry for not updating the thread, as I was busy the delivery of my Ninja.

**Update**

The Extended Warranty was 'Not' honored by the Ebony guys and we escalated this matter to FIAT. After a series of phone calls and exchanging e-mails, they have agreed to replace the Engine. However, they are yet to inform us, if we have to pay anything from our side. Every time we ask, if there is any charges, their reply we have ordered the Engine and once it arrives to the service center, we will contact you. Their ETA for the part delivery is about 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
I completely agree about the dealership's disrespect towards EW.. Question is why every-time one has to follow this protocol of calling Fiat customer# whenever the car goes for service/repair etc.
That is precisely what made us escalate the issue. We have mentioned the same in one of our e-mails to FIAT India. However, no official communication yet on what we may have to pay. (labour, service charge etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
It's things like these that prevents me from seeing Fiat in the same light as the VAG group in India
We fall in love with the product and have to do 'swalpa adjust maadi' with the service center guys, who take us for a royal ride. Well, I'm glad they agreed to replace the engine, but not before we wasted hours trying to help them understand.

Quote:
Getting a second opinion is something that's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
isn't is possible to approach a different FIAT authorised service centre that's more reliable ? I mean why persist with the same guys who neglected the problem for so long ?
One of the reasons was, there is no other service center closer to his place and his aging father cannot drive from one part of the city to another.

Well, this truly shows their competency in rectifying issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Well, if nothing else this episode shows that FIAT is definitely trying its best to improve its image.
I'm sure they are, when you tell them, we will see them in court and when we had to mention involving a lawyer. Why do we have to do all these exercise to get their attention?

Quote:
1. When the warning came up, had the owner immediately taken the vehicle in for inspection..Did the service center inspect anything, before saying the warning is nothing to worry about?? Or dismiss it immediately??
Right from the first time ever those warning lights came up, it has been reported to them. The car was taken to the service center every time the issue cropped up. When the issue started re-occurring randomly, it was then they started to dismiss it as a false warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Hi Avinash, any update on the status of extended warranty? Hope the issue is resolved now.
Thank you Biraj for following this up. Well, the issue is not entirely resolved because they have not disclosed anything related to the cost we might have to incur.

Last edited by aviorp : 12th December 2013 at 20:34.
Old 13th December 2013, 00:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for not updating the thread, as I was busy the delivery of my Ninja.
Firstly, Congrats!

Quote:
**Update**
...I'm sure they are, when you tell them, we will see them in court and when we had to mention involving a lawyer. Why do we have to do all these exercise to get their attention?...
Generally THIS is the point after which Customer Care hands over your 'File' to the Legal Dept. PLEASE allow the automaker (Except if its Skoda/VW) some time before you talk about legalities.

Quote:
Right from the first time ever those warning lights came up, it has been reported to them. The car was taken to the service center every time the issue cropped up. When the issue started re-occurring randomly, it was then they started to dismiss it as a false warning...
Since he had the documentation (Job Cards) proving him complaining about the issue, and a subsequent event, it clearly shows the Dealers/SA's fault.

Anyway, hope things are sorted well now on.

I re-iterate, FIAT needs to have better control over the service centers and must provide, through maybe 2 FIAT Trained Experts, for Assistance/Random Checking at service centers. THIS is what will solve issues on ground, rather than waiting for things to go seriously wrong and the customer to go through hassles.
Old 13th December 2013, 01:37   #26
BHPian

Quote:

**Update**

The Extended Warranty was 'Not' honored by the Ebony guys and we escalated this matter to FIAT. After a series of phone calls and exchanging e-mails, they have agreed to replace the Engine.
Quick question - The thread was started when the owner was denied warranty. Then midway, the service center agreed to replace the engine. Then a few days ago, they declined again and Fiat India intervened and agreed to replace the engine.

So, what were the reasons given for denying the warranty on two occasions?
Old 23rd September 2014, 21:55   #27
BHPian

Bump

We never heard the end of it. Did Fiat honour extended-warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks