Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2015, 15:59   #31
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience with Oberoi Fiat, Noida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
Hi,

Now please advise me:

1. Since I do not have the car insurance policy with me so what exactly may happen in case of a mis-happening with my punto? Will I be able to get all the benefits as mentioned in the cover note?

2. In case my car is at risk, shall I raise this issue with the IRDA about the dealings made by the insurance company (Future Generali) and the insurance manager? The policy document has not been provided even after 1.5 months of paying the premium amount.

3. Can I get the 100% refund from the insurance company (Future Generali) and look for another provider?

As mentioned earlier also that the Oberoi Fiat staff is very very careless. People sitting in showroom as well as in the workshop, working casually and creating troubles for their customers. Most of the times they are able to convince the customer by helding him responsible for the mistakes done at their end. Therefore, I would like to advise you guys to be extra carefull while dealing with such a irresponsible FIAT dealership.

A FRUSTRATED OBEROI FIAT CUSTOMER

You can get a refund, pro rata. But you need to know how much you actually paid for them. You can write a SNAIL MAIL via courier/ registered post AD, to Future Generali Grievance Officer, to address issues. It worked for me.

You might want to buy a policy from online aggregators. But since you missed the date, a physical inspection will be done. I know someone, who faced similar issues, cancelled, and bought afresh.

The workshop and the Insurance department, hardly speak to each other, and both are equally incompetent these days. Do not expect Mr Gopalan to do anything useful.
Old 21st May 2015, 19:02   #32
BHPian

Re: Bad Experience with Oberoi Fiat, Noida

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
You can get a refund, pro rata. But you need to know how much you actually paid for them. You can write a SNAIL MAIL via courier/ registered post AD, to Future Generali Grievance Officer, to address issues. It worked for me.
Thanks for your advice.

Update:

Mr. Gopalan called up in the afternoon yesterday and told me that insurance manager (Ankit) will be arranging for a new cheque pickup from my home but Mr. Ankit didn't call me yesterday. He called up in the morning today that he will be sending a field boy to my home but after 30 mins he called up to say sorry as the cheque can't be picked up as his field boy is not feeling well. Tomorrow is also uncertain. I have told him that we won't be available after Saturday so do it fast. Let's hope for the best.

Actually I changed my plan for refund only after speaking with Mr. Gopalan. He has assured me that everything will be fine this time.

But it seems things are NOT under his control either!

FRUSTRATED OBEROI FIAT CUSTOMER

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks