Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2014, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Sky Moto, Akurdi - 5.5 hours for an oil change!

I had an appointment with Sky moto, Akurdi, Pune for the 10.00 am slot for an oil change (yes just an oil change) and reached there sharp at 10.00 am for the service. The customer service was prompt initially by Ujwala and the requirements were done in the first 10 minutes.

Even at 11.45 the car hadn't moved an inch from where it had been parked and I was getting really pissed off about it. A good rant at the reception and the receptionist send her customer relationship manager Nisha for the problem solution. She wasnt of any help either. Then she brought in the service head who said the delay was because of the other cars being attended to. The car was finally on the lift by 12.00 and the oil change should have been done by in max 1300 hours before the lunch break. But after the cleaning and washing (which I never asked in the first place) I finally got the car at 1530 hours!!

For a job which should have taken 45 minutes (1 hour at the max) for the oil change I had to spent like 5 hours 30 minutes waiting for these guys to deliver the car.

Do these guys actually know what an APPOINTMENT means? If we had to just leave it at the service centre then why do we need a freaking appointment in the first place? By any standards, 5 hours 30 minutes for an oil change is the worst I have ever come across!!

N.B: This rant is only aimed at the management of the dealership. The roles being aimed at are the service representative and the customer relationship manager. The actual technicians did go about the work in a much timely and organized manner.

Last edited by JayKis : 8th April 2014 at 21:36.
JayKis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 08:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Sky Moto, Akurdi - 5.5 hours for an oil change!

Thats the case with most of the workshops not just Fiat's. The workshop guys feels that the owner has a lot of time to dispose and hence go about their own routine giving least importance to the awaiting customer. I hope you must have reported the incident to the dealer management using the feedback form. Drop in a line at the Fiat's FB page too, I am sure the Sky Moto guys would be calling you soon to apologise.

One question though - why did you opt for oil change with a seperate visit? Couldnt this have been combined with the routine service?
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 00:47   #3
BHPian

Re: Sky Moto, Akurdi - 5.5 hours for an oil change!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Thats the case with most of the workshops not just Fiat's. The workshop guys feels that the owner has a lot of time to dispose and hence go about their own routine giving least importance to the awaiting customer. I hope you must have reported the incident to the dealer management using the feedback form. Drop in a line at the Fiat's FB page too, I am sure the Sky Moto guys would be calling you soon to apologise.

One question though - why did you opt for oil change with a seperate visit? Couldnt this have been combined with the routine service?
Yes..I have reported it to FIAT per se. I opted for 7.5K oil change just to keep my car tidy. Thats all
Old 27th September 2014, 04:11   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKis View Post
Yes..I have reported it to FIAT per se. I opted for 7.5K oil change just to keep my car tidy. Thats all
Have you had an experience with Pandit Auto? I have relocated to Pune and confused if I should opt for Sky Moto or Pandit. Looking at the reviews, I suppose Pandit is preferable.
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:57   #5
Senior - BHPian

I would be visiting them coming Sunday to get my car serviced. Let me see how they are.
Since its at the exact place where Pandit Auto. had its service center earlier, I'm confident that there will be service advisers who know me, know me very well

Will update with my findings.
Old 4th January 2015, 18:23   #6
Senior - BHPian

As promised here is the update post servicing my car at Sky Moto. Left the car at Sky Moto around 9:30-10AM and got it back just before 3PM.
Yes the assigned SA knows me very well

The very first thing I told him was that I heard lot of complaints about Sky Moto service and I'm here to experience it myself!!

Things were in place after that.

This is the first time in 5 years that my car was ready by 3PM!!
All done as per my exceptions hence left positive feedback

Will I suggest Sky Moto? Yes for scheduled servicing of your car however NO in case you have some issues with your car which you want to get fixed.

Last edited by HammerHead : 4th January 2015 at 18:28.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 04:58   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
As promised here is the update post servicing my car at Sky Moto. Left the car at Sky Moto around 9:30-10AM and got it back just before 3PM.
Yes the assigned SA knows me very well

The very first thing I told him was that I heard lot of complaints about Sky Moto service and I'm here to experience it myself!!

Things were in place after that.

This is the first time in 5 years that my car was ready by 3PM!!
All done as per my exceptions hence left positive feedback

Will I suggest Sky Moto? Yes for scheduled servicing of your car however NO in case you have some issues with your car which you want to get fixed.
I second that opinion. It did give for regular servicing over the long weekend of 31st December, 2014. I was experiencing hard clutch problem. The entire clutch kit was changed and it cost a bomb of 8k! The total bill was 14k with all other items like general servicing, interior dry-cleaning, etc.
However, the quality of work was good, the clutch and overall change experienced is a far better experience than earlier.

From what I read, Carnation at Tathwade seems to be having very positive reviews online and offline. For any general repair work, I'll try Carnation here onwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks