Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2014, 15:50   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Are they still selling cars in Assam and Bengal?
Fiat has sold a good number of cars in Assam through the earlier Tata-Fiat network. Currently, they are refusing to provide any support until the time they come up with new dealerships here. Owners are suffering. I know this as i have owned a punto since the past 3 years and have gone through hell maintaining the car.
riturajsharma19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 14:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Garodia Fiat (sole dealer in Kolkata) has shut down!

Guys,

If you don't learn from the past mistake, no one can help.
Sorry for making outrageous comment but FIAT vanishing act is not new.

FIAT, PEUGEOT, PIAGGIO, all of them are Runaway Brides who keep making-up their minds. Guys you need to stick to one.

All of them have best of the Cars but lack the right approach.
Old 4th September 2014, 14:54   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Sorry for making outrageous comment but FIAT vanishing act is not new.
Pardon my ignorance - but when did FIAT do a vanishing act? Are you by any chance referring to Premier Automobiles?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 16:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Pardon my ignorance - but when did FIAT do a vanishing act? Are you by any chance referring to Premier Automobiles?
Hi

Yes I was referring to the FIAT- Premier partnership producing FIAT UNO. Thereafter, FIAT called off their JV after some lock out and people having UNO suffered.

2002 Fiat returned with its own plant producing Palio & Siena. While they had the plant running, in 2006 they closed down all the dealership and tied with Tata. This took 2 years for complete roll out and people with Palio & Siena suffered.
Recent decision to have its own dealer (break-off with Tata) again took toll on sub-urban customers, who bought punto & Linea.

Yes, you may say that Fiat (unlike Peugeot & Piaggio) was always present in India technically but availability was questioned.

It is being questioned now in this thread.

Last edited by Wanderers : 4th September 2014 at 16:17.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 23:47   #20
BHPian

Garodia had a bad past record even with Daewoo, as far as I remember, Daewoo too had blacklisted them. I saw the Garodia showroom today at Phoolbagan, they seemed on full steam selling cars, I wonder really how do they service them?
Old 5th September 2014, 09:32   #21
BHPian

The showroom of Garodia Fiat near VIP road is very near to my residence. During our previous car's purchase, I was contemplating on whether to pick up a Punto owing to the good amount of discount they were offering. Two things made me deter away from the decision: 1. Turning Radius - Given the nooks and corners of the alleways in Kolkata, it will be tad difficult for to maneuver the car in the city, 2. After Sales Service. Good that I chose to go with Maruti. It is difficult to digest the fact that a company like Fiat is not having any ASC in a metro like Kolkata. They should have arranged for an alternative before curtailing the existing license with Garodia.
Old 5th September 2014, 11:32   #22
BHPian

Saved by the proverbial "whisker"!
Had almost finalized buying a Punto MJD Dynamic from Garodia early this year. With the Rs.1 lac discount doing the rounds that time, turned the Punto into the leading contender in my search for a cheap diesel commuter. A couple of visits and TD completed we were only thwarted by a family friend's stern advice to look elsewhere. Choosing the Figo over the Punto was almost a heartbreaking moment. Brilliant cars, thoroughly ruined by a lethargic company!
Old 6th September 2014, 20:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Brilliant cars, thoroughly ruined by a lethargic company!
In India it is a paradox really. Good cars with good drivability and better suited for self driven owners don't sell well because of their lackluster ASC example Polo, Punto,Jetta,Octavia etc. Whereas cars that are not so good to drive compared to the competition move like hot cakes for e.g. most of Maruti and Hyundai cars because of their reliability and better ASC.

If and when all the manufacturers will come to a level playing field in terms of ASC the market will look better to watch. Till then people will have to decide whether they want to go with their heart or head.
Old 7th September 2014, 20:53   #24
BHPian

UPDATE ON THE SITUATION :

Fiat India has opened a new service center in collaboration with "Lansdowne Automobiles" located at Sarat Bose Road. It started working from 4th September. My friend got a call from there yesterday and fixed an appointment on Monday. Also got word that they might be setting up an exclusive Fiat Service in Tollygunge. Will be able to confirm everything after his visit. It seems Lansdowne Automobiles will only be handling the Service part but dealership will be remaining with Garodia.

Meanwhile Garodia has started oil servicing of new cars for the past 3-4 days but said they haven't received the spare parts consignment so no repairing work going on now. They didn't confirm whether they will be closing the service center or not but word from FIAT customer care is that servicing wing of Garodia will be shut down.

There is a shop in Mangoe Lane (near Chandni Chowk Metro) named "Autotraders". They keep duplicate FIAT parts and if you insist they can even source you original FIAT parts. They said they can source most of the parts. My friend got the rear brake shoes sourced from them only for 5000 bucks and got it delivered within 2 days. But Lansdowne Automobile also opened the service two days after he got the brakes fixed. So all this hassle for nothing but on the brighter side the punto is up and running.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:11   #25
BANNED

What is Fiat upto in Kolkata! Why such negligence and lethargic attitude?

Shame on them actually, they are not worried to get things right and restore the faith of existing customers so that the brand survives for a longer while.

Are they still selling cars or that also has closed?

Anurag.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what is the current status for Suzuki motorcycles in Calcutta.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 9th September 2014, 23:35   #27
BHPian

Does anyone buy a Fiat in Kolkata?!! All I see is dented/scratched ugly WagonRs and WagonRs followed by Santros followed by the reason behind the scarred cars, the deadly state buses and the autos.
Old 10th September 2014, 19:53   #28
BHPian

THE FULL STORY :

My friend got the whole story from his "birdie". Garodia was flouting OEM norms (old habits die hard) set forth by the company and also several customers were harassed. There were lots of complaints submitted to FIAT. The FIAT CSM came here several times to settle the matter amicably but when they could not, they blacklisted GARODIA, and gave the dealership to LANSDOWNE AUTOMOBILES.They stopped all shipments for 1 month, which led to the chaos. But after the DAEWOO and TATA fiasco as pointed out by other members, for GARODIA this was their last shot. Their owner went to FIAT and have been able to sort out their problems and retain its dealership.

As things stand now in Kolkata, their are two service centers, GARODIA and LANSDOWNE; and one showroom of GARODIA. LANSDOWNE will be opening their showroom within 2-3 months, probably in south Kolkata under the name of BOSE AUTOMOBILES. They will have their FIAT SERVICE shifted to Haridevpur, Tollygunge from Sarat Bose Road once the construction is complete. Currently BOSE will be doing full fledged service alongside GARODIA except any warranty issues. They said their software setup isn't complete so they will start solving warranty isssues by 2 weeks.

For those who donot know, LANSDOWNE AUTOMOBILES is a multi brand service shop on Sarat Bose Road. It seemed like the owner is an auto enthusiast and not a typical businessman and really loves FIAT cars. For once the outlook is looking quite good for FIAT and their customers. Now lets hope for the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
Does anyone buy a Fiat in Kolkata?!! All I see is dented/scratched ugly WagonRs and WagonRs followed by Santros followed by the reason behind the scarred cars, the deadly state buses and the autos.
Lets not go into that topic as the matter and the current status of Bengal is quite political and beyond the scope and purpose of this forum.
docswarna26 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 16:19   #29
BHPian

Hi Calcutta fiat punto owners

I need a sample invoice for Punto 1.2 emotion registered on Oct 2010.This car was bought from KB motors. Unfortunately my mom has lost her copy and needs it for assessing tax. Called KB motors, they have lost their old archive.

You can mail me the invoice @ adhiraj_bardhan@yahoo.com

Thanks
Adhiraj
Old 1st November 2015, 16:42   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi Calcutta fiat punto owners

I need a sample invoice for Punto 1.2 emotion registered on Oct 2010.This car was bought from KB motors. Unfortunately my mom has lost her copy and needs it for assessing tax. Called KB motors, they have lost their old archive.

You can mail me the invoice @ adhiraj_bardhan@yahoo.com

Thanks
Adhiraj
Go to garodia fiat near ruby...or you can go to austin fiat in dharmatala...most probably they can help you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks