Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2015, 17:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Awful Experience : Jaguar XF and AMP Motors

I find it very difficult to understand that water ingress would have done such massive damage to these system. As pointed out there are multiple components involved. Typically all the electronics would be pretty welll protected, which leaves connectors and sensors. To be frank, the 8-9 inches of water you desribe would never reach the various ELectronic boxes.

I will check but I seem to recall that there are even specific Jaguar OBD codes for (parts) of this system. As it wasnt noticed that the system wasnt repaired as part of the original claim, took two months to notice, I think it might well be difficult to correlate it to the original claim. The water damage seems to be the obvious root cause, but until you find actual damage due to water ingress it is going to be difficult. On the upside, if it is water, and if somehow it managed to get into the various electronics it will be very visible. Trust me, any electronic part that has been submerged or exposed to high water content and then left for two months will look a mess.

So, ask them to show you the water damage on the respective defective components.

Good luck,

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 19th February 2015 at 17:47.
Jeroen is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 18:27   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

You don't mentioned what isn't working on the sat nav? But if the screen is still up, you should be able to get the diagnostic codes out:

From the Jaguar workshop procedures:

Quote:
The following procedures will assist in diagnosing faults with the Navigation and Display System alone, troubleshooting from the symptom or logged Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs). If a fault lies with the Audio, Telephone or Climate Control systems, diagnosis must be made using the diagnostic tools and information made available for those systems.
To retrieve any stored Navigation System DTCs; press and hold the ‘Menu’ and ‘Telephone’ hard keys simultaneously for 5 seconds, when the keypad screen appears release the hard keys, enter the code 917 and press the ‘Enter’ soft key, select the ‘Self Check’ soft key from the ‘On Screen Diagnostics’ menu and if any DTCs are stored, they will be displayed on screen.
Good luck,

Jeroen
Jeroen is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:34   #18
BHPian

Thanks for all your suggestions and support. Have called the car back from the workshop and have also sent them a legal notice. I am attaching few other details of the works done earlier and the response of the Insurance company for denying the current claim.

Navigation module was changed under warranty earlier. This is the most fishy part of the whole problem.
Awful Experience : Jaguar XF and AMP Motors-nav-module.jpg

The detailed bill of the works carried out at the time of water ingress -
Awful Experience : Jaguar XF and AMP Motors-accident1.jpg
Awful Experience : Jaguar XF and AMP Motors-accident2.jpg

Current response of the Insurance company in which they are clearly saying that it is the fault of the workshop and happened due to gross negligence of the Jaguar After sales service station.
Awful Experience : Jaguar XF and AMP Motors-insurance.jpg

Have sent emails to top brass of the company also.
Old 3rd March 2015, 11:55   #19
BHPian

Finally some sense prevails. They have agreed to rectify their mistake and are changing the parts free of cost.
A sincere thanks to everyone here for helping out.

PS: We love the car but have my fingers crossed that it doesn't go the same way as Bhpian Chetan Rao's LR Discovery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks