Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:12   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advaith Hyundai lacks the word diagnosis in their dictionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Please advise as the last 30-odd days have been really frustrating on the car front, even though it's a superb vehicle that has a ton of potential
Maybe they thought that slowing the car down would make it seem like its braking is "efficient". That joke apart, I know exactly what it feels to have a niggling issue that we know exists, but is never acknowledged by the service folks. Quite frankly Hyundai service has consistently degraded by the year. I call the service advisors the smiling assassins. Its amazing what ridiculous things they are capable of saying with a straight face (replace this replace that), even though I know for sure replacement is a scam & at the next service they acknowledge that the part is in good condition.

Here as you said the issue could be just about anything that can cause poor acceleration because this isn't something that cropped up due to normal running, it happened immediately after a service so its most likely that the service centre is the culprit. Instead of guessing its best you immediately take your concerns to a different service station, either other branches of Advaith, or Trident. This might work because trouble-shooting is purely dependent on the ability/experience of the service manager/mechanics. I've always found that service advisors know zilch about cars, they are just salesmen to push expensive treatments/replacements. Insist on getting a diagnostic plug-in reading & be a little stern this time about getting the issue straightened out. Also if the transition from mineral to synthetic created the issue it has to be investigated closely.
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Quite frankly Hyundai service has consistently degraded by the year. I call the service advisors the smiling assassins. Its amazing what ridiculous things they are capable of saying with a straight face (replace this replace that), even though I know for sure replacement is a scam & at the next service they acknowledge that the part is in good condition.
Thanks mate and completely agree with all your points. Even I noticed that they tend to do fine on the courtesy and "smiling" front, but the actual quality of work leaves a lot to be desired.

The move from mineral to synthetic was just fine, as I mentioned that immediately after the oil change and servicing the car was running like a dream on the engine refinement and revv-happy acceleration front. It might sound ridiculous but the way the car was just shooting ahead after crossing 2K/3K brought a smile to my face every time. The whole drama started only after I had to visit them again a couple of days after the servicing to get the brake master cylinder replaced and that's what led to the cylinder misfire and other issues.

I do plan on taking it to Trident as it's the closest to my place, and I simply don't want to take it back to Advaith Bannerghatta, will maybe try out other Advaith branches, maybe the ORR one.

It's really frustrating running to service centers to solve issues in a new car, leading to a lot of wasted time and effort and to address something which you know wasn't there earlier and cropped up only after their 10/10 servicing.
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:32   #18
BHPian

Quote:
I do plan on taking it to Trident as it's the closest to my place
It's really frustrating running to service centers to solve issues in a new car,
@Parth46 - Have had a wonderful experience with Trident for the last 10 yrs. Let me know the Trident facility you would be visiting. Let me try to see if there is anyone who you can talk to specifically.

Cheers
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
@Parth46 - Have had a wonderful experience with Trident for the last 10 yrs. Let me know the Trident facility you would be visiting. Let me try to see if there is anyone who you can talk to specifically.

Cheers
Thanks a bunch mate. I live in CV Raman nager and will most probably be taking my car to the Trident workshop near domlur, opposite EGL tech park, as that's the HASS closest to my place. Since it would be my first visit there, would really appreciate if you could connect me with an experienced guy who would be willing to listen and solve the issue rather than saying - "saar, everything is fine!"

Even if you recommend taking it to some other Trident workshop just because you can vouch for someone, I'd love to do that as I need to solve these things once and for all and going some extra distance is absolutely no issue at all.

Thanks again for your help and we can speak over the phone as well if required. Just let me know.

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:44   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I simply don't want to take it back to Advaith Bannerghatta, will maybe try out other Advaith branches, maybe the ORR one
I am unsure of the Advaith, ORR - haven't heard very positive things about them either. If it isn't much of a trouble, please
try Trident Hyundai on Hosur Road, Garvebhavi Palya. Not that they work wonders but for the last couple of years our
work-horse Santro & another i10 in the family have been frequenting this service station & often, there isn't much to complaint.
tabrez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez View Post
I am unsure of the Advaith, ORR - haven't heard very positive things about them either. If it isn't much of a trouble, please
try Trident Hyundai on Hosur Road, Garvebhavi Palya. Not that they work wonders but for the last couple of years our
work-horse Santro & another i10 in the family have been frequenting this service station & often, there isn't much to complaint.
Thank you, and I've received similar feedback as well about Trident Hosur road. Even though it would be quite far, but I don't mind the trip at all as long as the issues get resolved.

Thanks for your feedback as well, let me figure out a plan over the next few days and keep the group posted. Running a bit occupied on the office front, so need to plan accordingly for a trip. The car being the daily drive doesn't help being out of circulation either.

Cheers
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:53   #22
BHPian

Quote:

Even if you recommend taking it to some other Trident workshop just because you can vouch for someone, I'd love to do that as I need to solve these things once and for all and going some extra distance is absolutely no issue at all.

Cheers
@parth46 - Give me few mins will talk and revert back

EDIT
- Share your phone no. via PM and will have the Trident guys call you
EDIT 2
Disclaimer - I am not affiliated with Trident in any capacity but enjoy wonderful customer service and hence want our community to benefit from the outstanding service

Last edited by csateesh : 2nd April 2015 at 14:55.
csateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 14:57   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a bunch mate. I live in CV Raman nager and will most probably be taking my car to the Trident workshop near domlur, opposite EGL tech park, as that's the HASS closest to my place. Since it would be my first visit there, would really appreciate if you could connect me with an experienced guy who would be willing to listen and solve the issue rather than saying - "saar, everything is fine!"

Thanks again for your help and we can speak over the phone as well if required. Just let me know.

Cheers
@Parth46 - I service my 2010 i10 at Trident Domlurand usually deal with an SA whose name is Benjamin - very honest guy, does not try to add on to your bill unnecessarily and above all, lets me watch the work.

Just this week, I was hearing a rattling sound inside the silencer, Despite having no appt, he took the car in, asked the mechanics to bring down the exhaust system (quite easy since its just bolts), and found the inside of both silencers had totally rusted (shaking them would send pieces of rust out). He order the parts immediately and confirmed that these would come within a day. To my surprise, the parts arrived the same evening - took the car the next day and within an hour completed the work . Would recommend him anytime.

Last edited by motorguy : 2nd April 2015 at 14:58. Reason: typo
motorguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 15:27   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
@Parth46 - I service my 2010 i10 at Trident Domlurand usually deal with an SA whose name is Benjamin - very honest guy, does not try to add on to your bill unnecessarily and above all, lets me watch the work.

Just this week, I was hearing a rattling sound inside the silencer, Despite having no appt, he took the car in, asked the mechanics to bring down the exhaust system (quite easy since its just bolts), and found the inside of both silencers had totally rusted (shaking them would send pieces of rust out). He order the parts immediately and confirmed that these would come within a day. To my surprise, the parts arrived the same evening - took the car the next day and within an hour completed the work . Would recommend him anytime.
Sad to report that Benjamin has now left the job at Trident Hyundai (Adugodi). Do any of you Hyundai petrolheads know a good an reliable SA either at Trident Adugodi or Trident Domlur?

I avoid the other places because of the traffic congestion and they're just too far for me....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks