Team-BHP - Kamla Nissan (Mumbai) no longer a Nissan dealer. EDIT: Torrent Nissan too
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Kamla Nissan (Mumbai) no longer a Nissan dealer. EDIT: Torrent Nissan too (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/166068-kamla-nissan-mumbai-no-longer-nissan-dealer-edit-torrent-nissan-too.html)

@Dear Mods, this is my first thread. Kindly merge with any existing thread if needed.

A friend forwarded me this, fyi:

Is this the same dealer who had Maruti dealership before in Mira Rd? My FIL bought Alto from the dealer and they did not pay local body tax which was collected from customers. Many people got notice and then came to know about this scam.

Eventually the dealership was closed down !!!

The actual reason for this notice of suspending the dealers is not stated by Nissan. I hope the manufacturer has made alternate arrangements for Nissan customers in the area where the present dealers existed.

Is this Nissan's strategy for reducing the dealership in the event of falling sales?

This is what you get for buying a car from a lousy brand.

My Sunny used to be earlier serviced at Ichibaan Nissan. Shut down.

Then, it went to Kamla Nissan. Shut down.

Though I'm in the center of the city, there is no dealer close by! It's either Bhandup (very far away) or Navi Mumbai & Thane (different cities altogether). In comparison, Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra, Mercedes, BMW etc. all have outlets within a 5 kms radius from home.

Things just seem to go from bad to worse for Nissan & its customers. What terrible management. Hardly a surprise that they're a flop show in India. You don't work hard & smart, you don't deserve success.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3755872)

Though I'm in the center of the city, there is no dealer close by! It's either Bhandup (very far away) or Navi Mumbai & Thane (different cities altogether).

Very correctly stated Rush!!

Look at the scenario for Nissan now- Ritu Nissan, Thane is a relatively new showroom on GB road and from your place in SoBo, it is a 55 kms drive.

Just for service. Are they competent?
Hell, no.

A friend of mine got a Micra(pre owned) and went to Ritu for servicing.

The S.A even failed to correctly diagnose any of his complaints and opened a wrong job card stating his car as Micra Active(Petrol) where as his model was the Micra XV variant (Dci).

Callous attitude, failed to meet timelines for delivery, shoddy workmanship, poor attitude and high labour charges.

All this+Staff High handedness= 0 sales, poor image and low foot fall
V

SHOWROOMS CLOSING, STRANDED CUSTOMERS, POOR BRAND RECALL/IMAGE.

I was actually impressed with the Nissan workshop in Kurla kamani. I have always serviced my Micra there and have got a satisfactory service even now when my car is under extended warranty. I just don't understand what is the reason for this ban on Kamla Nissan? Does this mean even the workshop at Kurla has been suspended?? My service is due next week and I already made an appointment with them. Now I'm confused what to do next :banghead:

Slightly :OT but still pertaining to Nissan dealership elsewhere in India.

As of last week, i noticed that the Avenue NISSAN showroom on Mount Road, Chennai has closed down.
Apparently the proprietors have two showrooms in Chennai and have decided to shift to the smaller showroom located near Phoenix Marketcity mall, giving up the bigger showroom on Mount road.

I happened to meet one of the management personnel from the dealership and he told me that it was simply not viable to manage two Nissan showrooms with sales volumes barely touching three figures per month - hence they decided to offload one outlet.

Also came to know, many Nissan dealers are a disgruntled lot. They say, apart from the Terrano, nee Duster, none of the products have sufficient pull, OEM's handling of dealers have not been very proactive, claim settlements take a fair bit of time plus the inevitable pressure of month - end stock push.

Most dealers are waiting for the launch of the Redi-Go. If that meets with a good response, well & good, else, be prepared to witness further attrition amongst the Nissan dealer ranks.

I have only tried Kamla once (when they had newly opened). To me atleast, they were no better or worse than the previous people.

However, I just got an SMS from Nissan stating that the other dealership in bombay i.e. Torrent Nissan has been closed as well. Can anyone confirm on this news?

Nissan india site is showing only the thane(ritu nissan) and navi mumbai (etco nissan) dealers affiliated with the company currently.

Thanks,
Simple_car

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3755872)
This is what you get for buying a car from a lousy brand.

Though I'm in the center of the city, there is no dealer close by! It's either Bhandup (very far away) or Navi Mumbai & Thane (different cities altogether). In comparison, Maruti, Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra, Mercedes, BMW etc. all have outlets within a 5 kms radius from home.

Things just seem to go from bad to worse for Nissan & its customers. What terrible management. Hardly a surprise that they're a flop show in India. You don't work hard & smart, you don't deserve success.

Whoa. This is news to me. I have a 2012 August sunny. Where do I take it now for warranty / service issues? Thane / Vashi? I live in South / central mumbai.

Oh. So that means entire Mumbai has just 1 Nissan showroom, that too in a relatively far suburb (Ritu Nissan at Bhandup, as per Nissan website), and zero service centers! If this is the case in a metro, then God save Nissan!

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab (Post 3756553)
I happened to meet one of the management personnel from the dealership and he told me that it was simply not viable to manage two Nissan showrooms with sales volumes barely touching three figures per month

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simple_car (Post 3760557)
Torrent Nissan has been closed as well. Can anyone confirm on this news?

Because it's more than 1 dealership lost, I don't think Nissan has 'suspended' them. Rather, the dealers have chosen to give up their Nissan franchise.

Nissan has such poor sales in India that it's not financially feasible to run a showroom in a metro. These dealerships are probably moving onto other brands which will give them better volumes. The dealerships must be fed up! First, that entire fiasco with middle man Hover Automotive. Then, no sales, and competition from within the family with identical rebadged cars (Renault).

I love the Sunny but it's backed by horrendous management. After the extended warranty expires, she's going to my trustworthy independent garage.

An update: The service center in Kurla is still active, I am not sure if they are running it independently. Got a call from them yesterday to confirm my service appointment though the lady did not mention anything about the ban nor did I receive any info from Nissan.

I also got a call from Kamla Nissan today. I inquired about their status as a dealer and they categorically stated that they continue to be an authorised dealer for Nissan. Can anyone perhaps dig around and get the correct factual position as of today?

Nissan india website only shows Ritu Nissan and Etco Nissan. No longer lists torrent and Kamla.

@GTO. I don't think the dealers have ditched Nissan like you suggested if they're still claiming to be a Nissan dealer. Has anyone passed by worli to see if the Kamla showroom still looks like its operational?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axe77 (Post 3765249)

@GTO. I don't think the dealers have ditched Nissan like you suggested if they're still claiming to be a Nissan dealer. Has anyone passed by worli to see if the Kamla showroom still looks like its operational?

I do pass by the Mira Road showroom daily, and it seems to be still operational

Being a Sunny owner whose car is still under extended warranty and what with the voluntary recalls posted by Nissan, I called up the nissan toll free helpline after my regular service centre Torrent Nissan closed down and i was informed by Nissan that they no longer had any dealer/service centre in Mumbai.I asked the gentleman on the other side of the line as to what option would I have as both Ritu Nissan and Etco Nissan are far out into Thane & Navi Mumbai respectively and he informed me that he couldn't tell me officially but Ritu Nissan would be opening up a workshop somewhere in Mumbai to service those customers in Mumbai. I highly doubt it and don't know how comfortable I am going to be going to either Ritu or Etco as they are both relatively new dealers. Why oh why is this happening? In my 3 and half years of ownership a total of 3 dealers have shut down or have been terminated, Orion Nissan- Navi Mumbai being the first. Sigh !!! Nissan India please pull up ur socks.

Please Note : Kamla Nissan showrooms seem to be open to get rid of their inventory, if anyone knows anyone looking to buy a Nissan please inform them to be very very careful and make sure they have everything that they have negotiated for on the day of the delivery, they may never be traceable once their stocks are sold and there will be limited help available from Nissan ( I have faced some horrific problems like no car manual, no extended warranty booklet, missing documentation etc when helping a friend buy the last Nissan Micra from Orion Nissan at deep discounts once it was shutdown or terminated).