Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2015, 12:42   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Plus: New money making scheme at Delight Honda (Faridabad)

So, I just dropped off my Jazz for its 65k km service at Delight Honda Faridabad. In addition to the usual nonsense extras SAs try to push down your throat, a new program has been started, not opting of which can have serious repercussions for the vehicle.

They have started selling what is called SERVICE PLUS, priced at Rs 480 + taxes

Basically, fluid top-ups like coolant or brake oil or gear oil will not be charged on actual consumption basis as required. Customers are required to buy this Service Plus pack, which covers the cost of all fluids that are topped up, irrespective of whether any top-up is actually required or not or how much fluid is put it. My request for charging for top-ups as per what and how much is put in was outrightly denied. Also, I was made to understand that they will not bother topping up any fluid even when it is required if this pack is not purchased.

So, even if they see the car has less brake fluid, they will not top it up because "Saar, you did not opt for Service Plus pack". Whether this leads to a crash is the least of their concerns.

In short, this is an extra Rs 500 every customer will have to shell out every time his car goes into service.

Honda needs to understand that these kind of schemes do not leave a good taste in the mouth and show their work ethic in poor light. Not acceptable.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:20   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Service Plus: New money making scheme at Delight Honda (Faridabad)

Have you confirmed with any other dealer whether this is a norm with all HA$$? It could be a trick by just this dealer.
swiftnfurious is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Have you confirmed with any other dealer whether this is a norm with all HA$$? It could be a trick by just this dealer.
I have been going to this dealer right from when they set up shop and have not come across any obvious incident of mischief till date.

I'll speak about this with the service manager when I got to collect the car.

On the face it, this directive seems to have come from above at does not look like something dealer specific
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:44   #4
BHPian

My Honda city is due for service tomorrow and after being taken for a ride last time i am being extra cautious this time. Will update on whether Honda dealers here are also following these service tactics.

Last edited by rockporiom : 24th July 2015 at 13:46.
rockporiom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:19   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Service Plus: New money making scheme at Delight Honda (Faridabad)

Absolutely ridiculous! Why should they not allow you to pay as per actual consumables?

Suggest you bring this to Honda's notice via their feedback email (this thread will have already caught their attention though).

I'm pretty sure the scam is specific to Delight Honda. Not heard anything of this sort in Mumbai.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 15:34   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

What delightful service scam. Not only top up's but this would lead to more problems as they will tend not to change oils. As they are not giving specific bill there is no other way to prove oil change has been done or not
sudev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 18:39   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
What delightful service scam. Not only top up's but this would lead to more problems as they will tend not to change oils. As they are not giving specific bill there is no other way to prove oil change has been done or not
They are clever. The 480 bucks is not for engine oil. It appears only for brake fluid, gearbox fluid, coolant and I hope windshield washer fluid.
Old 24th July 2015, 19:11   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

OK, so I spoke with the service manager regarding this whole Service Plus thing. He reiterates that this is charged for whatever fluids are put in for top ups.

I specifically asked if they would check and top-up if the customer refuses the pack. He was a bit stumped at this and said that I was the first person who had actually refused. The SA sheepishly added that they have topped up my brake fluid despite me refusing the pack. However, no mention of any brake fluid being added is made in the final invoice. I have not been billed for brake fluid.

I again asked if instead of all this, they simply open a fresh pack and bill it, add whatever is required and return me the leftovers. The service manager said this can be arranged if I insist. The SA had outrightly refused this in the morning.

He also said this this directive has come from Honda and is not something limited to this particular dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm pretty sure the scam is specific to Delight Honda. Not heard anything of this sort in Mumbai.
The service manager says that this is now the case at all Honda dealers and openly asked me to confirm with the other Honda dealer in town (owners are different)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
They are clever. The 480 bucks is not for engine oil. It appears only for brake fluid, gearbox fluid, coolant and I hope windshield washer fluid.
Boss, windshield washer fluid/shampoo is not included. That is an extra 50 bucks!
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2015, 12:11   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
My Honda city is due for service tomorrow and after being taken for a ride last time i am being extra cautious this time. Will update on whether Honda dealers here are also following these service tactics.
Sorry guys can't report on the service plus as car met with an accident today on the way to the ASC so sent it for insurance claim.
Attached Thumbnails
Service Plus: New money making scheme at Delight Honda (Faridabad)-img_20150725_17564.jpg  

Service Plus: New money making scheme at Delight Honda (Faridabad)-img_20150725_31552.jpg  

Last edited by rockporiom : 25th July 2015 at 12:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks