Team-BHP - AVK Ford no longer an authorised Ford dealer?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   AVK Ford no longer an authorised Ford dealer? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/172563-avk-ford-no-longer-authorised-ford-dealer.html)

After Senator Skoda lost their Skoda dealership a few months ago and resorted to fraud (link), it seems AVK Ford run by the same business group too has lost the Ford dealership. I had reported earlier that the showroom is always closed. Today in an ad in newspaper AVK ford doesn't show up in the dealer list for Mumbai:

AVK Ford no longer an authorised Ford dealer?-image.jpeg

I was unable to find AVK Ford in dealer list on Ford's website either. I just hope no Ford customers are in a situation similar to Senator Skoda customers.

Considering how they've duped customers by taking their $$$ and not delivering any cars, I'd say that is good riddance to bad rubbish. Whoever this scamster group is, it has no right to be in the business of cars.

But something makes me wonder - just see the difference between Ford & Skoda. Ford sells FIVE times the number of cars as Skoda. Yet, from the same dealership group, there are already two Skoda customers who paid the dealer, yet didn't get any cars.

No complaint so far with Ford. Again, this just shows the difference between a well and poorly run organisation.

Off Topic. Ford dealerships in Mumbai are really low. A city like Mumbai with only 3 showrooms?

Bangalore has Metro Ford (2 branches), Cauvery Ford (3 branches), Lathangi Ford and Elite Ford.

These are the dealerships alone. Service some of them have separate or within same facility.

7 showroom for sales in Bangalore vs 3 for Mumbai. I would have expected the other way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3897829)
Considering how they've duped customers by taking their $$$ and not delivering any cars, I'd say that is good riddance to bad rubbish. Whoever this scamster group is, it has no right to be in the business of cars.

Hi GTO - Would you know if there have been any developments in those 2 cases (Senator customers who have paid and not received their Skoda's as yet)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3897839)
Off Topic. Ford dealerships in Mumbai are really low. A city like Mumbai with only 3 showrooms?

Bangalore has Metro Ford (2 branches), Cauvery Ford (3 branches), Lathangi Ford and Elite Ford.

These are the dealerships alone. Service some of them have separate or within same facility.

7 showroom for sales in Bangalore vs 3 for Mumbai. I would have expected the other way around.

Ford dealership and service in Mumbai is an utter disaster. I owned a Ford Ikon for 11 years till 2013. The car was bought from Shaman Ford who had a service centre in Lalbaug (central Mumbai). They were OK, but after a few years, they ceased being a Ford dealer. Since I lived in central Mumbai, the next closest service centre was a place in Santacruz (I forget the name). Saw the place once and decided that no way my car was going there for repairs or service. Next was AVK Ford which was in Andheri East. Went to the workshop and spoke to service guys once (for some routine maintenance), thoroughly underwhelmed and gave up on them.

So, for the last 5-6 years of my ownership, I relied entirely on FNGs for maintenance and repair (and Ford Ikon can be high maintenance!) as there was no reliable service centre within a 20km radius of my home in the absolute centre of Mumbai. Wasan Ford appears to now have an outlet in Marine Lines, even this was not open at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3897839)

Chennai, Ford's home has 3 Sales Showrooms (Chennai Ford - 1, MPL Ford -2).

And off late I'm not hearing anything good about MPL. Their motivational levels are the lowest and just aren't keen on selling at all. I had to travel 15+ Kms to Chennai Ford to buy the Ford Aspire while the MPL was just 4 Kms away from home.

The Chennai Ford showroom was like a market on 31st Dec evening delivering cars, while the MPL Ford showroom in Mount Road was closed by 8 PM same evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3897829)

To confirm GTO's message, there is an notice in today TOI regarding the shady deals by the Ford dealer. Its a good riddance I would say but this will put the existing Ford owners in a spot as the commute to the next nearest Ford workshop just got a bit longer.

Thanks for the confirmation, ghodlur! Indeed this is good riddance.

Meanwhile, Ford is opening a new showroom in the same area - less than a km away from AVK Ford showroom. And guess what? It is being set up in the erstwhile premises of Senator Skoda! It is a small world, isn't it? lol: Some work was in progress at those premises since a few weeks & now the reception desk is ready with huge Ford logo. The showroom will most likely be named Kavish Ford. This was the name written on a wooden cargo carton kept near the showroom door. I'd say it will take 1 more month for this showroom to be fully up & running.

They may open a service facility somewhere in the vicinity. So hopefully owners won't have to go far.

The new showroom at Chandivali is in advanced stages of completion. Today it got its most important asset - the cars themselves!

AVK Ford no longer an authorised Ford dealer?-image.jpeg

Kavish ford has retained more or less same staff. I was getting calls from the service team for annual servicing. I checked with Ford India and they confirm that Kavish Ford is their authorised dealer and authorised to service. Have given them my car yesterday for Service. Hope they do a good job. I had this coupon booklet from AVK which is unused and now Kavish is saying they will not honour the same.

I had taken a Total Maintenance plan for 3 years from AVK (They gave me a fancy certificate and stuff also). Kavish ford considers this Maintenance Plan as unauthorized and are not ready to honour it.

Rs 40,000 down the drain.

Quote:

Originally Posted by girish.purswani (Post 3941392)
I had taken a Total Maintenance plan for 3 years from AVK (They gave me a fancy certificate and stuff also). Kavish ford considers this Maintenance Plan as unauthorized and are not ready to honour it.

Rs 40,000 down the drain.

Bump. Just an update since this might help other fellow team-bhpians: I sent an email to the ford customer care with the issue. Got a call from them and guess what? They have replaced the TMP with a ford one- which is valid across any dealer :) Faith in ford restored ! clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by girish.purswani (Post 3995757)
Bump. Just an update since this might help other fellow team-bhpians: I sent an email to the ford customer care with the issue. Got a call from them and guess what? They have replaced the TMP with a ford one- which is valid across any dealer :) Faith in ford restored ! clap:

Hi Girish,

I am in the same boat where Ravish Ford is now refusing to honour the TMP purchased through AVK Ford. Who did you write to to get this resolved? My TMP expires this year in November. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by throttlehead (Post 4002949)
Hi Girish,

I am in the same boat where Ravish Ford is now refusing to honour the TMP purchased through AVK Ford. Who did you write to to get this resolved? My TMP expires this year in November. Thanks!

Hi Throttlehead,

I sent the email to these email IDs- write2md@ford.com,nigelharis3@ford.com,
and custmail@ford.com
(However, the first 2 bounced back. So I am guessing the 3rd one itself should do the trick.)

PM me if you need help with the contents :)

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by girish.purswani (Post 4013334)
Hi Throttlehead,

I sent the email to these email IDs- write2md@ford.com,nigelharis3@ford.com,
and custmail@ford.com
(However, the first 2 bounced back. So I am guessing the 3rd one itself should do the trick.)

PM me if you need help with the contents :)

Thanks!

I wrote to the Custmail email address and they have offered a Gold Flexi Plan in lieu of the TMP. It is not a bumper to bumper plan as offered by AVK but it covers basic consumables (oil filter, engine oil, gasket etc.) & Labour. They have however offered this for the next 3 services (my TMP was expiring in November this year). We're you offered a similar plan?