Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2016, 21:34   #1
BHPian

Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Marikar motors Kochi is no longer a Skoda dealer. Marikar motors Trivandrum continues to operate though.

Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally-12644759_10153898800321449_6065290476486650798_n.jpg
joethomasv is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 21:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Thats bad news. Is there any info on a new dealership? Not really feasible for someone in the Kochi belt to go to Calicut or Trivandrum for service related stuff.

If I am not wrong, Marikkar had the Calicut dealership also and that had closed some time back. Calicut was without a Skoda dealer for quite some time before Pinnacle Skoda opened.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 21:47   #3
BHPian

re: Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Is there any info on a new dealership?.
Pinnacle has a satellite facility in Thrissur. I did my last service there. I think Rajasree motors got the dealership in Kochi. No idea when they'll open though.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 22:36   #4
BHPian

Could there be something wrong with marikar engineers pvt Ltd? Recently they closed down their Fiat dealership and service facility at kottayam also.

Last edited by Night Raven : 10th February 2016 at 22:52. Reason: Grammatical error
Night Raven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 11:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Could there be something wrong with marikar engineers pvt Ltd?
I heard rumors that Skoda asked them to shut down. I don't know if this is true. I heard they also closed the Vespa dealership in Thrissur.

Their service facility in Kochi was over crowded and substandard anyways. The body shop was good though.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:56   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

For some reason, I have never heard of a good review about Marikar, whichever dealership they had. Ironically, when I went to the Kottayam (Marikar) Fiat service centre, I found them extremely warm and helpful and provided me a good lead about a Fiat Palio mechanic. Left me wondering what was wrong about their reputation all the time.

Probably it's the (lack of) skill in the technical side?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 13:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Really surprised at this, they had two dealers operating at one point, Cochin would be the biggest market for any brand. We were considering a Rapid, it's better to stick with VW as the service centre /dealership is only 30km away versus 200/80 km for skoda.

Skoda told me that the dealer was shut down for renovation when I got a call back regarding the rapid. There are lot of ex skoda folks who strike out on their own and keep the cars in top shape. The owners were happy and most never bothered with the official service.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 14:33   #8
BHPian

Good riddance.
The most notorious dealership in Kerala after the TVS group right from the Jeep/Ambassador/Royal Enfield days.
jeeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 14:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2016 at 11:24.
foby.sebastian is offline   Received Infraction
Old 11th February 2016, 23:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why is it that Kerala's commercial capital presently doesn't have any Skoda dealership? St. Antony's Skoda showroom at Pipeline junction on Ernakulam bypass downed shutters several months back.
Old 12th February 2016, 08:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I think Rajasree motors got the dealership in Kochi. No idea when they'll open though.
Yes, I heard that too. A friend got a Skoda in the family and I heard from him.
Rajasree Motors will be a breath of fresh air for Skoda. Hope they don't delay it.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 12:11   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ironically, when I went to the Kottayam (Marikar) Fiat service centre, I found them extremely warm and helpful
Completely agree with you there. I bought my car from marikar kottayam. The guys over there were always very warm and helpful. They even brought the test drive car to my home which was 45 kms away from the showroom in one direction, so that my parents can see it. But as you said on the technical side they were not that great. The only little complaint I had they couldn't sort out. They said they changed the part under warranty, but the issue persisted.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 19:54   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yes, I heard that too. A friend got a Skoda in the family and I heard from him.
Rajasree Motors will be a breath of fresh air for Skoda. Hope they don't delay it.
I think they are coming up near Dhe Puttu and Bhima at Edappally byepass. Not sure if service will be there at the same facility.
Old 15th February 2016, 20:18   #14
BHPian

I think they are coming up near Dhe Puttu and Bhima at Edappally byepass. Not sure if service will be there at the same facility

Yes they are coming at that very same location. Hope they can do well.

Another news which i also heard is that the Vivaan Honda has been bought over by Vision Honda. Funny part is that Vision Skoda has shut down a year back, closing both outlets at Calicut & Thrissur. Vision name of dealerships are a part of the famous Popular Group.
The Hurricane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 13:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
I think they are coming up near Dhe Puttu and Bhima at Edappally byepass. Not sure if service will be there at the same facility.
Its very close to being open. Manikandan Skoda is here and it looks very good from outside. I had gone to DBS for alignment and saw it. Don't know if service will be there in the same place or not.

The name is a bit odd, but I honestly don't mind if these fellows can fix the sales and service for Skoda here. Let's see how it goes.

Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally-img_20160220_111817830.jpg

Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally-img_20160220_111837832.jpg

Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally-img_20160220_111859061.jpg

Marikar Skoda (Kochi) shuts down. EDIT: Manikantan Skoda coming up at Edappally-img_20160220_111855776.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks