Team-BHP - Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Experience: Selling my car to Cars24.com (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/175400-experience-selling-my-car-cars24-com-17.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3960866)

The guys behind Cars24 were earlier leading fabfurnish.com.

I just saw this video on YouTube regarding Cars24 and it concerns not the cars per se but the people handling it. Apparently they have a modus operandi of fleecing the landlords from where they operate. They pick up a place on rent and get renovation done at cost of the landlord as per their requirements. Then they sign a lease agreement and start their office. After a few months, they stop paying rent and then start negotiations to reduce the rent to half. If the landlord doesn't agree, then they threaten for court cases citing breach of agreement. This gentleman in video says that it has happened with 6 different people in Delhi and has the proof with him. They all are running pillar to post due to cases. If this is true, I wonder how they operate.

Cars24

This can be moved to any other relevant thread if required.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4649642)
Finally, after selling my car to cars24 in July of 2017, finally the RC has been changed to reflect the sale. It has been, would you believe it, 2 and a quarter years!!!!

And enlightening and avoidable experience. In total, approximately 100 mails have been exchanged with the agents and the CEO. Also, 3 visits to different offices, and so many phone calls.

The plague, it is, and to be avoided as such.

Wow, that is some time! Congratulations, atleast you got your peace of mind back.
I am in the same boat, sold my car an year back to cars24 and the car is not sold yet. RC is still on my name as per this website
My RC is not transferred yet and hence my insurance NCB is not transferrable. Hence, I am paying full premium this year on my new car. Did anyone face this problem? Any solution/workaround to it?

Overall a smooth sale experience and then you are in this mess for time unlimited :deadhorse

Hello. In April 2018 i sold my Skoda Yeti to Cars24.

I had a rather decent experience of selling it. A thorough checkup later they offered me a price I was OK with, the money transferred to my bank account and I was told vehicle registration would be transferred and I would be intimated.

But its been 1.8 years, the car is still in my name, When I speak to Cars24 Customer Service I get the routine abstract 'will happen soon sir' kind of response. In between I got busy and forgot to chase routinely.

Today I received an eChallen for over speeding on a car which is not with me anymore.

I called Cars24. they said they will take care of the expenses and that I am insured upto a value of Rs 10 lakhs for this time until the registration doesn't change names.

But I want the registration to be updated immediately. What should I do?

{mods, I hope this is the right forum}

This is weird!

I am in the midst of selling my City and Cars24 is one of the channels who are in contact for my car. Raises concern.

I believe the only thing you can do is to again routinely call them or visit their store to raise this issue. Assure that you have the vehicle receiving acknowledgment and other paperwork showing the sale of the car to them.

I haven't sold my car to them yet but visited them for evaluation.

First, I visited them on a weekend on which they refused to evaluate citing weekend crowds and asked me to book an appointment for other days (same experience with OLX cash my car).

Nex, I visited them on the day of the appointment, a guy explained to me the process and another person started evaluation for about 30-35 minutes that included test drive, picture clicking, and whatnot. After that, he submitted the data in his system and asked me to wait 30 minutes to get the best quote. The evaluator came to me with his laptop and stated that my car to be in 'excellent condition' and quoted me a price of Rs. 1.75 Lacs (for a 2010 Honda City S Petrol, 72K ODO, DL registered) out of which 4-5k will be deducted as part of their charges, etc.

I walked out of the store telling them I would not be selling at this price and it's been 4 days since I am getting calls from the store and they have increased the price to 2.40 lacs. The person called me again and told me he will again try for a higher price. So, you can see the jump from 1.75 to 2.40 in 4 days.

Just don't be in a hurry to sell off your car and then only you can get the best value for your car from them. I have also booked an appointment with OLX CashMyCar to see what they offer.

I have still refused their offer as I am expecting something in the range of 2.8-3.2 lakhs.

Well, I have their emails, and their website too allows me to download the documents claiming they have the full responsibility of the car etc.

But when I search RTO Records online, the vehicle number is still registered to my name. This is unacceptable to me.

Should I notify the RTO? Traffic Police? What is the advice here?

And for those selling their cars, I guess, the only thing to do is first take the money in your account, then hand over physical possession of the car ONLY when the buyer initiates RTO name transfer with a signed receipt.

Ref: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4649642

Look through the thread for what all I had to do. Your car is probably unsold as of now, lying with a dealer, being test ridden. Keep doing what I did, mails phones etc. Notify your rto through registered post. I was lucky that there was no challan issued in the 2+ years it took them to sell and transfer my car (yes, that's the right figure :))

What should I write to RTO? Buyer as Cars24.com?

Should I inform the police? In case the car is involved in some untoward incident?

Quote:

Originally Posted by parambyte (Post 4719072)
What should I write to RTO? Buyer as Cars24.com?

Should I inform the police? In case the car is involved in some untoward incident?

You can send a letter outlining the details of the transaction, about the challan etc. Attach ask the same proofs and send. It will not help you much in getting out of the challan, but it will be something to have if, good forbid, the car gets into an accident. Also, try and visit your Police Station and have a talk with them. I didn't have to resort to that, but you ought to, since it's already offending and no transfer will be done of a car that has pending notices.

Thanks. I was thinking of going to the Police Station today itself. Cars24 did ask me to email them the challan and they would pay for it.
It was for over speeding. I doubt anyone test driving would over Speed? Maybe it’s sold? I will ask more pointed questions tomorrow.

Also, who do I address my registered post letter to RTO to?

@mayankk can you please share the email of the CEO over a PM so I can CC him in my mails as well?

I happened to see the of my previous car today, it also helped me to understand what happens to our sold cars. The Duster 110PS AMT has seen minor changes, stickers have been removed from front windshield, number plates changed to IND type and minor scratches on rear bumper have been painted. The odometer has not been tampered.

I sold one of my cars to Cars24 in March 2017. I was assured that I will get a copy of the RC once name change happens. I followed for 6 months and I used to a std reply "your car is still not sold", later around one year mark, when I checked the details in VAHAN, I found that the Name is changed to new owner. I never got any updates from Cars24, either about it being sold or the updated RC copy.
I was lucky that my new car insurance and old ones were from same insurance company and they accepted my NCB Transfer request just with Form 29 and a few other documents without final RC transfer completion

My car is sold and got this email:

"We have good news for you! This is an update about the ownership transfer of your car KA01NXXXX with appointment ID NNNNNN.

The RTO has cleared the RC transfer and the details have been updated on the Vahan platform. Please find the proof of RC transfer here.

You can also verify the status by sending an SMS– “VAHAN” with the vehicle Registration No. to 7738299899."

GOOD NEWS, INDEED :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deehunk (Post 4723611)
The odometer has not been tampered.

So delighted to read this. We get to hear such first-hand confirmation about this very rarely. So, this is certainly a welcome change or at least a little peace of mind.

Thanks for sharing.
R-Six

I'm facing a very weird response from Cars24 in buying a used car from them. I short-listed few cars (located in NCR) from their website few days back, made offers as per cars and received a text message that their relationship manager will contact shortly. But it never happened even after calling the customer service several times. The weird thing is that the customer service executive talks like a robot or kinda IVR and eager to cut the call saying someone will call you within 48 hrs and cuts the call without listening anything further. This is a really weird encounter, and it smells fishy about them as they are into business or doing something else behind the curtain. Is there any way to lodge a complaint against sales service department? Or its useless to hit head against the wall :Frustrati