Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2017, 14:15   #16
BHPian

Re: Bosch opens company owned & operated service centre in Bangalore

Here is the whole story on my experience with these guys- Sorry for the lengthy post!

Called them up to fix an appointment. The lady asked me which vehicle it is and is it a normal service. Appointment confirmed and I was there at sharp 9:00 A.M. when they open. A service adviser approaches me to attend. Looks at my car, calls up someone and asks "Do we have the parts for a Nissan Terrano?". Makes me wonder immediately if something is wrong. Ends the call and informs me "Sorry, we don't have the parts for this vehicle right now. You can leave it here today(which is a Saturday) and pick it up on Monday.

My response obviously was "Why did you confirm the appointment then?" The lady at the reception was to be blamed as she did not confirm with either the SA or the manager about the availability of parts! I was in no position to leave the car and travel all the way from Electronic city using other means and again having to travel on Monday. I returned home and called the manager, he sounded apologetic and said he will ensure these things do not happen again. If I call him in the next two or three days, he will ensure the parts are available and we can plan next weekend.

Happened as planned and was present at 9:00 A.M. the next Saturday. Apart from the regular things done during a normal service, asked them to do a wheel balancing and wheel alignment. One of the headlights had dirt and dust inside and they agreed to try their best to clean it.

At around 4:00 P.M. the car was ready. They had done a decent job with the headlight and it was at least 50% better. But I was informed that the wheel alignment was not done as their software did not support Terrano! Just the apprehension I had about multi brand service centres... But he said he will update the software and call me in the next couple of days.

Nevertheless everything else was done including oil change (went for their Synergy synthetic), wipers and air filter were replaced.

Off I got inside and zoomed on the elevated expressway at 120 kmph (later got to know that the speed limit is 80 . The car was running just as it would after a service...

After a couple of days noticed a slight rumbling noise sometimes at low speeds in first or second gear from the footwell. It was as if something was rubbing against another part. Decided to get it checked when I go there for the wheel alignment work.

Called up the SA and he said the software is updated and I can bring the car.
Upon reaching, after about 5 minutes he called me to the service bay and said "I am sorry, the software is updated but the equipment is not supporting the Terrano". I was furious, but controlled myself and said "Forget it. I will get this done outside, now look at that rumbling noise. It only started after the service!".

As always as you would hear from the technicians, "everything looks normal". Upon my insistence after a lengthy test drive with a technician it was concluded that the Engine bedding had worn out a little bit, but is not at all a serious issue and the car can be used normally...

In the next two days noticed a small rattling noise from somewhere on the driver side dashboard.

Decided to get a second opinion at Mudra Bosch in Kasturinagar (for both the issues) which is quite close to my house. Again after a long test drive, the same conclusion. And for the other rattle, they said they will open the dashboard and check if anything is loose...
But just as suggested by another forum member, decided to visit the ASC.

The technician at Nissan came with me for a test drive. Informed him during the test drive that the Bosch guys said it could be the engine bedding. After experiencing both the issues he had a big laugh and said he will fix both in about 5 minutes!
Opened the bonnet and adjusted something related to the AC and the rattle was gone!
Took the car to the service bay and tightened a shield under the bonnet and bingo!

My observations about Bosch and final conclusion-

Technically sound but have a very generic way of servicing and troubleshooting. Do not know the nitty-gritty of all the cars (which is not surprising actually since they deal with all the manufacturers and models under the sun).
They do try to fix the issue as a first resort rather than replace which is of course quite good!

Better to always stick with the ASCs as they are tried and trusted. Keep the multi brand SCs only as an alternative...

Thanks for your patience.
Nalin1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 15:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Here is the whole story on my experience with these guys- Sorry for the lengthy post!

Thanks for your patience.
Very informative and good Post Nalin. Thanks for sharing your experience.

In fact, when I was going through your post, I honestly felt, you have good patience levels. In spite of 3-4 visits for small issues and returning without value add, you have tolerated them and giving good feedback about them.

If I were you, I would have simply stopped going to them after I hear, Alignment equipment does not have software ready for Terano.(I am just saying, this is limit of my patience level)

In my opinion, multi brand service centers will be good for generic super selling car models like Altos, Santros, Etios, etc.

For any mid to hi end cars, probably, they may not be fully equiped is my view
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Very informative and good Post Nalin. Thanks for sharing your experience.

In fact, when I was going through your post, I honestly felt, you have good patience levels. In spite of 3-4 visits for small issues and returning without value add, you have tolerated them and giving good feedback about them.

If I were you, I would have simply stopped going to them after I hear, Alignment equipment does not have software ready for Terano.(I am just saying, this is limit of my patience level)

In my opinion, multi brand service centers will be good for generic super selling car models like Altos, Santros, Etios, etc.

For any mid to hi end cars, probably, they may not be fully equiped is my view

Not just positive feedback about them. I forgot to add a couple of things...

When I spoke with the manager over the phone about the noise from the footwell, he was very confident that it was the clutch slipping, the cost would be around 5 to 6 thousand and the car will need to spend a couple of days with them

The front brake pads and the AC filter were replaced during the service. Now I am quite confident that both the issues cropped up because they just did not put things back in place properly...
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:45   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for sharing your experience Nalin. Sad to see a big oppurtunity by a big brand like Bosch getting poorly executed.

However, I think there is yet an opportunity for them to expand with less technical jobs such a denting and painting services. There is a huge market for this as not always does it make sense to claim insurance and lose NCB over small dents. As a luxury car owner I find that, the dealership charges you an arm and a leg while local mechanics give you an unfair pricing based on the value of your car.
If Bosch steps in with a standardized menu of charges that are justified on the cost of input material and labour used rather than the brand/price of the car it could be successful.
Sahil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 10:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Stay away from Bosch unless it is periodical maintenance work. Learnt the lesson when I gave my Chevy spark for 90K service and alternator noise issue.

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th May 2017 at 11:05.
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 13:20   #21
BHPian

Found another reason yesterday to stay away from this place.

I got the wheel alignment done at Madhus Enterprises and was informed by them that whoever did the wheel balancing and rotation last time had not tightened the threads properly and were dangling. I was informed that this could have proven dangerous anytime. Yes, of course the wheel balancing and rotation was done at Bosch. .
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 11:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Stay away from Bosch unless it is periodical maintenance work. Learnt the lesson when I gave my Chevy spark for 90K service and alternator noise issue.
Stay away from Bosch. I thought they do decent job when it comes to periodical maintenance. I was wrong. I had given my car to Bosch for 90K service. I just came to know that they fitted wrong spark plugs in my car.

Stay away!!
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 22:03   #23
BHPian

Adding my experience to the list.

I own a 2012 Fiat Grande Punto (Dynamic) and second time i went to Bosch Car Care in Electronics City. This is my second time with them. I went to them because is was slightly impressed by the engine performance after the first service and i sticked with them so that they could fix the brake squeal they had gifted me in the first service.

First service experience -
1. Coming from service history at Vecto Motors, i had lot of expectations with Bosch. FIAT service is impressive but i wanted to try Bosch to see what more could they offer. A decision is would go on to repent later.
2. I gave the car for a standard paid service with all fluid changes that come with car's 4th service. This was done this time.
3. Brake pads were changed to a non-branded ones. I came to know about this only when the brakes started squeeking.
4. Engine oil was changed to synthetic oil (Bosch), which made the engine a little lively. The only good part of the experience.
5. Car wash was mediocre and brake dust was still on the wheels.
6. Interior cleaning was best described as hopeless.
7. I spent one hour before taking delivery of the car getting it cleaned and pointing out all the hoses they had left undone. Yes more on this in second installment too.
8. I visited them 3 times in the span of next 7 days to get the brake squealing problem sorted but to no avail as they kept sending me back due to slot not available. This problem was there for another 6 months and 5k Kms.

Coming to second service experience-

1. I went back to them primarily to get the brakes fixed as it had been more than 6 months i had the problem during which the car has run 5K kms. I wanted them to take ownership of the problem they caused me. But they didn't. Instead filed the edges off the wheels rotors to get rid of the noise. Even that didn't work after 100kms. Brakes are again back to sqeeuking. Service advisor has ADVISED to change them (like i don't know thats coming next!!).
2. I had specifically told them to service the car (In my mind it was 5th service and wanted the fluids changed). Yes, 5K kms span is not enough for fluid change i agree but i wanted them changed. When i get a call to collect my car, not one fluid was changed. I was flabbergasted. The service advisor thought i was giving it for water service. Yeah right.
3. Glow plugs were replaced as it was showing warning sign. They had promptly done that.
4. Exterior and Interior cleaning was better this time. I went to check the front wheels only to get a major shock of my life. More on this later.
5. I was advised to change clutch assembly. I had changed them when i last got the service done from Vecto Motors not more than a year ago. I wonder how can it go bust so quickly. May be i am doubting Bosch too much. I don't know. As of now clutch is slightly sluggish and gear changes are little uncomfortable.

I admire the hard work which goes into mechanical labor. I know because i do it occassionally and i get cramps and body aches every where. So, when i criticize, i critize with a concience. This time it's really poor commitment and work done is absolutely horrible. If you cannot take too many cars, simply reject. But you take them in and we owners have to suffer.

Complains i have (and these are a total deal breakers for me) -

1. When you go to Bosch and say i want to get the car to be serviced, be very specific. You have to learn service catalogue and be educated about what needs to be done on the car. The service advisor will just take it as water service. Believe me this WILL happen if you just say service. Or atleast has happened to me. Judge me how much ever you want.
2. Radiator hose was not connected to the radiator!!! Be prepared to have and accident or a major breakdown after taking delivery. Not making fun, i am serious here. I am a curious guy so popped the bonnet and had a casual glance when i luckily found a big pipe just dangling out. This is not the first time. They had let the battery points exposed and power steering oil chamber undone. It was leaking oil as well.
3. When is asked them about the brakes, they told the disc rotor needs to be replaced as it is worn. On telling them that the wear and tear was due to some undone work previously, they pointed me to talk to their manager. Mr. Vasant did his best by filing the outer lip of the disc rotor. His dedication was appreciable but his team is totally letting him down.
4. Biggest dissappointment of all is that they have ruined even which is not given them to fix. They have managed to scratch and ruin the alloy wheel on the front right of the car. I was so furious that i wanted to break the LED TV they have in the lobby. I have driven 15k kms with out a single scratch on the alloys and these nincompoops (Yes, i AM abusing here, if you are reading, you deserve it) have managed to damage them with no remorse. Mr. Vasanth gave me a discount in the bill after i asked about the damage. Sir, money does not matter, ethics do.

All the above mentioned events are 100% facts and anyone wants to contest the reality i am happy to come meet you.

I recommend not to go to Bosch, specially if you have a FIAT. I got to know they don't have technical knowledge on FIATs specifically. And overall workmanship is below average.

I kind of hope Bosch Car care personnel read this review here in public domain and reply back so that i can properly trash them. I have given feedback as -10.
Attached Thumbnails
Bosch opens company owned & operated service centre in Bangalore-img_20180113_185806.jpg  

raghu.bramha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 14:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.bramha View Post
Adding my experience to the list.

I kind of hope Bosch Car care personnel read this review here in public domain and reply back so that i can properly trash them. I have given feedback as -10.
Truly empathise with you for having gone through this horror.

Bosch's first COCO service centre better shut shop or maybe just convert to a washing and a cleaning centre .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 20:30   #25
BHPian

This thread really helped me steer clear of the Bosch service center, I was mulling going there to get my ANHC serviced - well its not very new anymore has been my trusted steed for 9 years now. I had terrible experineces with Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road and now have been going with Saphire . Will stick to them this time - what happened to our friends here is scary enough foe me.
Old 3rd October 2021, 21:45   #26

Quote:
Just got a service done here. Will narrate the complete experience shortly.

For an introduction, they do know their job and if anyone is pondering whether to get anything done here just go ahead

The easiest way to get there from silk board is to take the elevated expressway and after paying the toll in the end, take the first left onto the service road (a U-turn) and it is on the right after about 100 metres.

Hi Nalin,
Would you know if they would specialize in Skoda cars also? Old ones 2009 to 2012 generation Octavias and Lauras? Tnx
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvishekRai1111 View Post
Hi Nalin,
Would you know if they would specialize in Skoda cars also? Old ones 2009 to 2012 generation Octavias and Lauras? Tnx
Hi Avishek,

Just like any other multi brand service centre, they claim to have the expertise for literally every car on this planet.

Skoda? Of course. Older ones? Not sure.

I had a mixed experience with them, but that was quite sometime ago and they were fairly new. But I assume they are a lot more established and experienced now.

Good luck .
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:58   #28

Quote:
Hi Avishek,

Just like any other multi brand service centre, they claim to have the expertise for literally every car on this planet.

Skoda? Of course. Older ones? Not sure.

I had a mixed experience with them, but that was quite sometime ago and they were fairly new. But I assume they are a lot more established and experienced now.

Good luck .
Thank you for the prompt reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks