Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2006, 01:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Good second hand car dealers in Mumbai

Try as much as i did did not find a good qualis with pune city second hand dealers.Thats when Somebody suggested mumbai ,since it is not very far away ,plus in the same state.

Team bhpians kindly help in providing me details about good second hand car dealers in mumbai along with their contact numbers[I dont know anything about mumbai].Are there any issues buying a car from mumbai for use in Pune.
Old 26th November 2006, 01:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

Found these two on the internet,could anybody please give me opinions of the same:

1>.Motorways
21 MOHIT HEIGHT NEAR RTO NEXT TO CO BOWLING COMPANY 4 BUNGLOWS, LOKHANDWALA ROAD ANDHERI (W), ANDHERI (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400053

2>.Classic Cars
150, Andheri Kurla Road, Opp Apple Heritage, Chakala,, Andheri (East), ANDHERI (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400059
Old 26th November 2006, 11:45   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Found these two on the internet,could anybody please give me opinions of the same:

1>.Motorways
21 MOHIT HEIGHT NEAR RTO NEXT TO CO BOWLING COMPANY 4 BUNGLOWS, LOKHANDWALA ROAD ANDHERI (W), ANDHERI (W), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400053

2>.Classic Cars
150, Andheri Kurla Road, Opp Apple Heritage, Chakala,, Andheri (East), ANDHERI (E), Mumbai, Maharashtra - 400059

Second hand dealers are the same everywhere...last year Motorways was selling me a flood affected Vtec as a clean car....but one look at the interiors and the real story came to light

~A
Old 26th November 2006, 12:40   #4
BHPian

Rahul, I would suggest that rather than going in for dealers, try getting one directly from the owner. Use the internet or go through ads in the papers. Fix up a time to see atleast 3-4 cars over the weekend & comeover. Though Qualis is a very reliable vehicle, be very careful as majority of them run as highway taxis.

Cheers!
Old 26th November 2006, 14:01   #5
BANNED

GOOD SECOND HAND CAR DEALERS are just like Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy..
THEY DONT EXIST..
Old 26th November 2006, 14:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you use online classifieds to try and get in touch with a private seller. Stay away from dealers in Andheri (East), as I have heard rumours of them selling cars stolen up north. Also one them I approached for a used Baleno, refused to let me have it checked at Sai Service.
Old 26th November 2006, 18:10   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys.I think I should drop the mumbai dealer idea or maybe even the qualis actually.A Qualis does not seem destined for me.

Some of the statements by the various dealers:

1>.This Qualis was used only as a private vehicle[Runs over 1lakh kilometers in 2 years].

2>.1 Lakh kilometers is nothing for a Qualis engine,all second hand Qualis have run atleast 1 lakh kilometers.

3>. Life of Qualis is till 7 lakh kilometers[ya like he tested it]

4>. The Qualis is in immaculate condition[meaning it has run 1.5 lakh kilometers]

5>. A Qualis with AC and powersteering is the most luxurious vehicle in the world.[Thats their attitude ,like they are selling a mercedes-benz to me]
Old 26th November 2006, 18:17   #8
Team-BHP Support

grafficars: 9820088529
fazulbhoys, dont have the number, call 28888888 for that.
classic cars at andheri is apparently good too.
first two are slightly expensive though.

manson.
Old 26th November 2006, 18:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks ,will try with them as well.
Old 27th November 2006, 21:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Did not try the dealers mentioned by manson yet but few things with regard to the situation in India.

A few years back was on the lookout for a second hand car in south africa.Posted an ad in the newspaper and the very next day the seller contacted me no middlemen involved at all.In india middlemen have taken up the seconds market completely and the people who respond to your ads are mostly dealers in disguise.

Then comes the buying part,dont know if the dealers here will ever learn some courteousness,their attitude is such that they are doing us a favour by selling us a car.You are supposed to buy whatever they have never mind if you have some other car in mind.They give you so much of their gyan,you end up thoroughly confused after that.

Then comes the buying process,it was such an easy process buying a second hand car abroad but here there seem to be to many formalities.People are not honest enough to admit about flaws in their vehicles nor do they allow you a proper inspection of their cars by professionals of your choice.

Last but not the last,if you manage to find a good piece it is outrageously high priced by their greedy owners.Good second hand cars demand a premium no doubt but there is a limit to even that.

I am really in a bad state of mind now just seems buying a second hand car in India is nothing but suicidal.

Ps:
There will always be exceptions and unfortunately I am not that lucky it seems.

Majority of vehicles in africa are second hand ones,even imported from as far as japan.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks