Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 10:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

I think there are just too many bad experiences with Maruti and Hyundai here on the forum and else where that Team-BHP should now remove the clause of fuss free ownership and after sales as a plus for them in all their car reviews. But then I guess more of these get reported simply because they sell more cars than any one else in India.

People should realize that blindly buying a Maruti or a Hyundai for a peaceful and happy ownership is no longer the case as we still have approximately the same service centres servicing a lot many cars today than in the good old Zen and Santro days. I speak from experience and for me servicing my car at Toyota or Ford is a much much better experience than servicing my car at Maruti, so much that my Etios and Figo are still serviced at the ASS but my Maruti at a FNG.

Last edited by Aditya : 27th December 2017 at 17:34. Reason: Typo
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 11:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hopeless future of Hyundai without decent ASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen kobane View Post
....stressful and chaotic situations with Hyundai ASS....Everyone is just helpless and adjusting to the pathetic state of Hyundai Service Centers in India...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Most Hyundai owners I know are fed up with the expenses paid for the service, they shoot up after 3-4 years, just when the warranty is over. .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
one thing is certainly happening. They are selling their ASS services very hard.

.....Probably the tele-calling team too has numbers to meet.

Not sure if this is pan-Hyundai ASS or just my dealer Advaith - Hyundai in Bengaluru.

.... this is boderline credit card / SIM card level.....

Plus, costs easily on the upside of 6K for a hatchback,
Exactly the reasons quoted above why I have kept away from buying a Hyundai after the last purchase in 2005.

Thankfully the car (Santro) has been an absolute gem with only periodic maintenence needs even after 12 years.(touch wood)

It is the same fleecing state pan Bangalore. They must be setting a high service cost target for their service advisors to achieve. Perhaps they are competitively pricing their cars and extracting their profits through after sales service as a company strategy.

From a wider perspective after owning from Maruti, Fiat, Hyundai and Honda stables:
- Maruti a.s.s experience has been so-so/average the saving grace being unlimited options to service from.
- Fiat service surprisingly was the best in my case, they are the underdogs and get flogged usually in all reviews.
- Honda a.s.s have been predictable in their approach and found them to be alright so far.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 27th December 2017 at 11:34.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 11:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unhappy with the after-sales service received for my Hyundai Elantra

I think they are having issues in providing spare parts for the 2017 Verna on a timely basis as well - came across this post recently:

Quote:
I have experience complaining on their social media site as well. They just connect you to the dealer directly and do not follow-up to check if issue is resolved. As an unfortunate customer that spent 16 big ones on the next Gen Hyundai Verna, I feel cheated when I see Hyundai getting these awards through clever marketing
Read More: URL

Definitely a worrying trend.
Old 7th January 2018, 00:07   #19
BHPian

Wow this is unbelievable. I thought i had problems with Skoda service folks, but based on the feedback in this thread, Hyundai seems to be fighting hard to dislodge Skoda from that spot.

But actually i think this is true of any brand which have both high end and low end car models. The technicians are not trained adequately to handle high end complex machines most of the components of which are controlled by sensors and electronics. They will easily manage the low end models and keep those customers happy in most cases, but high end they are left struggling.

I blame the car manufactures for this situation. High end cars require different set of highly qualified and trained mechanics to handle the cars. Also their training needs to be constantly refreshed and upgraded. I wonder how many of the car manufactures actually provide that training consistently to all their authorized workshops.

I was actually considering a tuscon, but now i am not so sure.
Old 7th January 2018, 02:11   #20
BHPian

Our Grand i10 has had too many issues and I can easily say that except for regular service/oil change, these so called HASS service advisors, technicians and mechanics are good for nothing. Our car has bad clutch and AC issues from day one which they can't fix. Plus, it is a "pain in the back" task to make them understand the issues. Either they need a good pair of hearing aids or they just get trained to avoid major issues as much as they can. Either way, not impressive.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2018, 22:57   #21
BHPian

I own a 2002 Santro, which thankfully never needed any repairs. However, in Delhi, I experienced hefty overcharging and adding items 'based on inspection' by HASS - Rama Hyundai and Hyundai Motor Plaza. After that, switched to a FNG at GK market, from team bhp directory, who did excellent work with service and repairs on my car. Only problem I had with him was, his charges were embarassingly low.
MBstoTBs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 14:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Any hyundai escalation email id or contact details to follow up on some service issues?
Customer care is not responsive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks