Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2018, 10:53   #16
BANNED

re: Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved.

Very obviously the dealership pocketed year end sale benefits and therefore entered the wrong date deliberately.

My own guess is that you may have to take up the matter with the HQ and possibly through a lawyer. One other channel is to get the local press involved. They hate any adverse publicity.

I do not expect VW to work otherwise. Maybe a mail to them (high level) may be your last chance.
Old 22nd January 2018, 13:54   #17
BHPian

re: Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
So, I got an email from the customer care team at VW, Kurla - West where they are basically repeating what they had conveyed to me over a telephonic conversation earlier, the same was illustrated in detail in my first post, word for word. The only difference was this time around it was via an email. Here is the screenshot of the said mail sent to me where they are asking me to accept refund of the Extended Warranty payment made by me.
Some companies have stupid customer care handling, and one such example is Volkswagen India. Should someone knock their dumb brains to change the date or simply accept error and issue an extended warranty

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd January 2018 at 14:11. Reason: Shortening quoted post.
Old 22nd January 2018, 14:27   #18
BHPian

I faced the same issue with Fiat India. I purchased my car in Feb 2012 but it was logged in their system as Dec 2011. I got to know about it in 2015 and raised it with the dealership I had purchased the car from. As per them, they offered me a deal which was available in Dec 2011 thus they had put that date in the system. I escalated it to Fiat along with a copy of invoice and RC and stated that a customer is not aware of the details that a dealer enters in the system. All a customer has is the invoice, RC and insurance, and all those documents were of Feb 2012. Fortunately, in my case, Fiat India intervened and issued an extended warranty.

Last edited by Biraj : 22nd January 2018 at 14:49.
Biraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 15:27   #19
Team-BHP Support

@ Prince85 - Any the update here?

A comment on our facebook post about the issue suggests that VW has eventually applied the extended warranty to your car?

Please do update this thread, as it's only fair to everyone involved.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd January 2018 at 15:30.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:29   #20
BHPian

re: Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
@ Prince85 - Any the update here?

A comment on our facebook post about the issue suggests that VW has eventually applied the extended warranty to your car?

Please do update this thread, as it's only fair to everyone involved.
Sincere apologies for the delay in posting an update which i should ideally have put up 48 hours prior to this. Work load and certain personal issues made it difficult for me to do so at an earlier time. Once again, sincere apologies for the same to all you dear friends concerned.

Guys, its indeed true. Volkswagen has finally paid heed and granted my car the extended warranty coverage after all. It was tough battling them, but eventually they agreed to issue the extended warranty coverage as well as agreeing to correct the purchase date in their central systems. An exercise which earlier seemed like a rather impossible task for them to do. After nothing worthwhile was coming out of interacting with the Volkswagen India Customer Support Team, My dear friend Garfield @epic was instrumental in helping me raise this matter to the upper brass at Volkswagen India. After a few emails exchanged, it became evident to them that i was clearly justified in demanding extended warranty support for my car and i simply should not be suffering this way for no fault of mine. That, along with the increasing support generated here on this thread, i am sure had a huge bearing in changing VW's stance towards my case.

The call came from the same CRM Head at Volkswagen - Kurla West (who a few days back called and spoke in a fairly arrogant tone asking me to take a refund for the amount i had paid for towards the said extended warranty support. Back then, she had made it amply clear that what i was asking for was an impossible task even after furnishing all relevant documents at that time itself. The same was even put on email by her to me which i had attached to one of my earlier posts in here). This time though, the same person Miss.Jyoti called me and spoke in a rather warm and friendly tone asking me to come and pick up the Extended Warranty Certificate from them as soon as possible. Now this call came out of nowhere to be honest. I was pleasantly surprised and shocked at the same time because the sudden change of stance without me doing anything at all (in terms of furnishing any further documentation) wasn't something i expected.

Its evident that the emails exchanged with one of senior heads @VW, India along with this case getting increasing support here on Team-Bhp had a huge role to play in this. In any which way, i ended up getting the extended warranty certificate. Also the date of purchase of my vehicle was corrected in their systems in line with the documented evidences i provided them originally.

It was a rather harrowing experience for me and i have no doubt that i would have still been fighting VW if not for intervention from my good friend along with support from all you friends here on team bhp. I blame VW India entirely for this episode because i feel they could have handled this case with a lot more care and as a brand should have owned up to their authorized dealer's mistake (even though the said dealer has now shut shop). The customer cares two hoots honestly for the dealer selling him the car. The customer puts in his hard earned money trusting the brand when buying an automobile or even a consumer durable item per se. It is the brand which has to protect the customer especially during the warranty period when it comes to after sales support at all times. And here even after having strong evidence for my righteous demands, i wasn't cared for. Frankly, not everyone is lucky to post their grievances on team-bhp, i am told its very very tough to have your membership accepted here lately. And i feel for those who may be in a similar position to where i was and are just helpless and at the mercy of VW. This is just not right of them. I am happy in the end that i got what i wanted and truly deserved. But i wish it was done at the customer-dealer level itself all along rather than me having to take it this far.

Finally a big thank you to each and everyone of you for reading this thread and for supporting me at all times. A big shout out again to my dear friend @epic on this forum. Thank you all.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 23rd January 2018 at 17:49.
prince85 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2018, 17:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

re: Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved

Awesome that's great news. I was actually thinking of an automatic but always stayed away from VW. With the pressure some of the companies may have from social media and specially teambhp to sort things out for the customer, one can still think of taking the plunge.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 00:25   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Very glad to hear that this is sorted out. Refusing the extended warranty in this way was just stupid and petty.

After all, if they have faith in their product, the warranty charge is just money in their pockets as there won't be a claim anyway!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2018, 11:44   #23
BHPian

Glad to hear that and very happy for you. It sets a good precedent not only for VW but also for other brands in India, particularly the unreliable ones. You may like to settle some scores with the lady representative by reminding her about what she should be learning is customer service and satisfaction is paramount and is the best form of brand promotion.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2019, 19:36   #24
Senior - BHPian

Re: Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved

Thanks to Sunil M for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
This is to bring to your notice that VW has been cheating their customers by selling an already sold car. I am putting down the sequence of event to make my point:

• I bought a brand new VW Vento Diesel on 5th July 2018 (invoice date 26th June 2018, attached with this)
• About 2 days back, I visited the dealer and purchased an extended warranty
• To my surprise, the date of sale as per the Extended Warranty certificate is 28th Feb 2018, i.e. 5 months before the actual sale. (EW certificate scan copy attached)
• I spoke to the dealer on this and was told that the date entered in their internal tool as 28th Feb 2018 and the standard 2 years Warranty would start from that date.
• When I spoke to the VW customer care, they distanced themselves from this and told me to settle the issue with the dealer. Seems like VW has no accountability towards its customers once they have sold the vehicle and the customer is at the mercy of the dealer henceforth.
• While I wonder why the manufacturer would start providing warranty to a car that hasn't been sold yet, I am starting to think that the car was already sold to someone else on 28th Feb 2018 and was sold to me again on 26th June 2018. And, that is plain cheating.

Proofs attached:

1. Invoice copy dated 26th June 2018
2. Delivery acknowledgment from the dealer dated 5th July 2018
3. Extended Warranty Certificate which shows the date of sale as 28th Feb 2018.
Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved-invoice.jpg

Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved-delivery.jpg

Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved-screenshot-20190301-7.36.02-pm.png
Old 6th March 2023, 13:19   #25

Re: Unable to get extended warranty as VW & its dealer have different sale dates. EDIT: Resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post

... Volkswagen has finally paid heed and granted my car the extended warranty coverage after all. It was tough battling them, but eventually they agreed to issue the extended warranty coverage as well as agreeing to correct the purchase date in their central systems...
Hi prince85, I came across this post of yours and I have a similar problem. I purchased my VW Taigun invoiced on 27th Dec 2022 and took delivery of the vehicle on 20th Jan 2023. When I took the delivery of the vehicle I noticed that they have added 30th Nov 2022 as the date of purchase and date of delivery against my vehicle, even the service folks acknowledged the issue when I went for my first vehicle inspection but they are unable to update it from their end.
I have been following up with the Dealership continuously from last 1.5 months but they are just going around in circles and not helping at all. I am really tired of multiple followups. I even called customer care and they just redirect to Dealer which is not at all paying a heed to the issue. I am thinking of writing up to VW customer care with all the proofs I have.
Can you guide me what else I could do here to get this resolved quickly as currently it seems Dealership is not at all able to help here.

Looking for guidance on this.

Thanks

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th March 2023 at 19:09. Reason: Trimmed quote

Most Viewed