Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2019, 11:24   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan dealers up in arms; send a signed petition to Nissan India & Nissan Japan

That is really sad, I felt the Kicks held a lot of promise. I guess they did not market it hard and the dealers are a pretty tired lot.

Have yet to see one on the road
Old 5th March 2019, 11:26   #32
BHPian

Re: Nissan dealers up in arms; send a signed petition to Nissan India & Nissan Japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldemort View Post
I doubt if dealers are restricted to just 1 brand. To my knowledge, EVM Group in Cochin runs the dealerships of:
  • Nissan/Datsun
  • BMW
  • Volkswagen
  • Honda bikes
In addition to that, I have reasons to believe EVM also runs a Renault dealership.

OT: There were a surprising number (about 30 or so) of Porsches at EVM Volkswagen. On enquiring, we were told that Porsche cars are serviced there. I peeped in to the service area and couldn't find any VWs in there, atleast on first glance. Does EVM also run the Porsche dealership in Cochin?
EVM Group runs more than 10 brands:

Honda motorcycles,
Ashok leyland,
Nissan & Datsun
Volkswagen
BMW cars and Motorrad
Porsche
Ducati
Indian Motorcycles
Scania
Polaris
MG
etc etc, i think i missed one or two..
They are giants in automobile dealerships, i think no other dealers in India have a chain like this

Dealers can take any number of brands if they have the managing capability or else they will perish. Many cases we can see around. I think slowly dealers will move or swap Nissan dealership with other brands.

Last edited by joe angelo : 5th March 2019 at 11:34. Reason: typo
joe angelo is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

That's a bummer. With good companies winding up, we might as well be left with buying tin cans. What's keeping these companies from brining in refreshed models? The BS-6 Duster is still the old model.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 16:43   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a feeling the "Alliance" has given up on India. At least 2 of them had the Japanese pedigree which Toyota has capitalised on beautifully - Cheap + reliable, though Toyota is hardly cheap anymore. The other Jap, Suzuki had the first mover advantage but look at how aggressively they defended their turf.

Nissan + Mitsubishi both have aspirational SUV brands in their folios (Pajero, X-trail etc.), all they had to do was to invest in India and launch these products. That would have let them ride the SUV wave as it was forming. What one did instead was launch outdated/subpar products (& a brand too!) in the most fierce segment (hatches). And the other was, well, never really bothered.

All they needed was ONE blockbuster product. Could have simply asked Renault internally . But alas!

Given their lacklustre performance, I won't be surprised if they decide to pack-up and leave in a few years.
Old 1st September 2019, 13:51   #35
BHPian

OT:

Got the below unexpected sms message today from IM-NISSAN. I havent been to showroom/service centre recently (been more than 12 months)

——
Dear customer, thanks for visiting Nissan/Datsun Dealership. We would love to get your feedback. Kindly click on the following link: <link>
——

On clicking the link it just says “Thanks for your feedback” without me having entered any data.

Is this some dealership scam just to show spike in enquiry numbers? Anyone else got the same?

MODS: please feel free to move it to a separate thread if you feel it warrants one. Thanks.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 23:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

So I went to check out the Nissan dealership to evaluate the Kicks. The dealership was on NH66 and to my surprise it doesn't exist now. The nearest Nissan dealer is now in Mysore.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks