Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2019, 16:01   #1
BHPian

Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation

It has been almost 9 months since I purchased my vehicle. It all started HERE (The "I Booked my Car" Thread). ODO reading on purchase: 89 KM.

I purchased a Figo that was manufactured in January 2018 on June 28, 2018, as it was fit as per Team-BHP's inspection list and I got a sweet deal on the car due to upcoming facelift/freestyle's launch (Had some drama at the dealership because the salespersons tried to hide the manufacturing month). The experience has been great barring the casual and unprofessional attitude of the dealership.

I got the first and the second service done at 1400 and 7400 kms respectively.

Unfortunately, the dealer tried to hide some facts which constitute fraud in legal language, which I discovered today.

I have 3 pictures in this post; the first one is of the first service and so on. The last one is the vehicle's registration certificate.

Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation-first-service.jpg

Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation-second-service.jpg

Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation-registration.jpg

I noticed that the customer was Ford India Chennai (with their phone number) in the first invoice and initial registration date is MISSING, which suggests that the invoice was doctored before presenting it to me.

The second service invoice has customer details magically changed to match the correct one, but not on all pages (it is a 5-page long document). The most shocking thing to note here is the initial registration date: 27/02/2018. I called up Ford's CC to confirm the warranty started from that date and continues through Feb, 2020. They registered my complaint 800252868 and told me they shall get back to me. The vehicle was put in-service on 27-Feb 2018 and sold to me on 28-Jun 2018. Basically, the dealer sold me a 'demo' car as 'new' and I have documentation. The service advisor I contacted told me that this is how it is supposed to be because the warranty starts from manufacturing date of the vehicle which I think is BS. I contacted the sales advisor who sold me the car and told me he would get corrected on my next service visit (which of course was just to buy him some time).

Two explanations:
1. The car was used as a demo in the showroom and they failed to mention this causing me to lose out on warranty.
2. The car was used as a TD vehicle, had its odo dialed back at their own workshop and they failed to inform me. This one is worse.

Both of these situations are ugly and comprise fraud because nowhere did I sign that I was purchasing a 'used' car.
In any case, they failed to inform me about the facts and I have 4 months less warranty from my purchase date. I'm looking to pursue legal action against the company as well as the dealership. If there's someone who can go through this and offer some help in the legal matters, please do contact me.

Last edited by typlo : 23rd March 2019 at 16:07.
typlo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 17:40   #2
BHPian

re: Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation

UPDATE: Got a call from Ford India asking for a copy of my invoice. The guy on the line assured me that the warranty information will be updated pan-india once they receive this information. There has been a billing error on the part of the dealership it seems (again, I call it BS).
typlo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 18:18   #3
BHPian

You have stated that the car was January 2018 manufactured. I searched car's VIN (MAJGXXMTKGJL33317) and found from different sources that it was manufactured not in 2018 but in 2016.

Sources:

https://en.vindecoder.pl/MAJGXXMTKGJL33317

https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check...GXXMTKGJL33317

Is it so or is there some error on my part?
Did you decoded month/year of manufacture from VIN at the time of purchase?

Further, when you were offered such a low price (on road price less than even the ex-showroom price), did not it generate suspicion in your mind?
NH08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 20:57   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH08 View Post
You have stated that the car was January 2018 manufactured. I searched car's VIN (MAJGXXMTKGJL33317) and found from different sources that it was manufactured not in 2018 but in 2016.
It is a January 2018 manufactured car. Check the screenshot below:

Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation-screenshot_20190323205557.jpg
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 21:08   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

When Ford receives a car, they send it for a PDI or a basic check up at their service center. That service is always documented in the name of Ford India.

I found that while purchasing our Ford Figo in 2015. I have seen this among other manufacturer's too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
There has been a billing error on the part of the dealership it seems (again, I call it BS).
I feel the same. I don't think it was used as a demo car. Plus you did a PDI before the purchase and you were satisfied.

Regarding the warranty part its not from the date of manufacturing. It will be effective from the date of invoice.

Will give you an example- We purchased our Figo on 18th July but the warranty started from 30th May. Upon inquiry i found out, Ford had registered the vehicle to another customer on 30th May but he eventually cancelled the booking.

So this means your cars was invoiced/registered to someone else in February but later he/she cancelled the booking. If you press Ford on this regard, they are bound to extend your warranty till June.

Quote:
It's indeed a January 2018 manufactured vehicle. I decoded the Vin to find it out, plus the RC copy says the same.

Last edited by Samba : 23rd March 2019 at 21:15.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 22:03   #6
BHPian

Hearing all of this is good progress. However, the service advisor assured me that the warranty is from when the dealer received the car from the company but Ford told me otherwise (the warranty starts from the date of invoice).

Ford called me up today and told me that this is a typo on the dealer's end because they did the invoicing wrong. It will take 30+ days after I email them the invoice for re-invoicing and updating the warranty information pan-india.

I'm not happy about this because some Edward Scissorhands typed my phone number as well as email ID wrong in Ford's customer portal beside the invoicing date. Needless to say, I will be pursuing this until I get some solid information regarding my warranty end date.

Quote:
Further, when you were offered such a low price (on road price less than even the ex-showroom price), did not it generate suspicion in your mind?
I had my doubts and performed the PDI. Gave the go-ahead to the billing once I was satisfied. It was never a smooth sailing with this specific dealership though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
So this means your cars was invoiced/registered to someone else in February but later he/she cancelled the booking. If you press Ford on this regard, they are bound to extend your warranty till June.

It's indeed a January 2018 manufactured vehicle. I decoded the Vin to find it out, plus the RC copy says the same.
Appreciate the second pair of eyes on this. Let's hope this is true and my warranty gets extended.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 23rd March 2019 at 23:35. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
typlo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 09:27   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by typlo View Post
Ford told me otherwise (the warranty starts from the date of invoice).
Yep, the warranty starts from the time the car is invoiced. The dealer, by "assuring" you otherwise is trying to make a quiet exit from this lapse.

Now that Ford is aware of this issue, you can be reasonably sure they'll fix it and you'll get the full term of warranty.

Quote:
I'm not happy about this because some Edward Scissorhands typed my phone number as well as email ID wrong in Ford's customer portal beside the invoicing date.
You'll be surprised how often this happens, a lot of times it being a much graver mistake.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 24th March 2019 at 09:28.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 09:53   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

I am sorry but I still don't agree with the typing error theory. If that was the case then why should the data be different on different pages? Typing error will be across all documents right? The OP says it is on the 5th page and first 4 pages are all with the correct/edited dates.

Most likely still only a dealership level fraud where the car was cancelled by someone at the last moment and they have delivered it to you after another 4 months. Dead stock for them meant higher discounts for you.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 10:02   #9
BHPian

This would have been a lot better if they informed me all about this while offering me the car upfront. The car was in excellent and new condition according to T-BHP's PDI checklist anyway. But finding the mess almost a year post purchase is not okay.

And I concur with what drmohitg says. The car most probably was a deadstock due to a cancellation. I will be more than happy if they just get the warranty date corrected. If they put the car in-service before the sale date only then this is a disaster because Ford will not be extending the factory warranty if this is the case.

Last edited by typlo : 24th March 2019 at 10:03.
typlo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 10:23   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

While you seem to have caught the dealership in a 'foot in their mouth' situation, I think you are making the experience bad for yourself only. I say this because

- you have validated the car with a proper and exhaustive PDI and are satisfied with the car
- your ownership for the majority of the year has been issue free and I'd guess a satisfactory experience so far
- A demo car would showcase some level of wear and tear, especially if was used extensively during the demo period. Going by your posts, I doubt you found any issues; so most definitely it ain't a demo car

With Ford India in the loop, and especially this thread being up with the dealership and your details public, I'd say it won't be long before Ford/dealership come back to you and provide you a warranty cover till June 2020 (or the corresponding # of years of warranty you have opted for).

So take it easy and just wait/push them to get the warranty date corrected and let this chapter close
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2019, 11:41   #11
BHPian

Re: Adiv Ford, Ghaziabad - Inconsistency with the invoice & documentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
With Ford India in the loop, and especially this thread being up with the dealership and your details public, I'd say it won't be long before Ford/dealership come back to you and provide you a warranty cover till June 2020 (or the corresponding # of years of warranty you have opted for).

So take it easy and just wait/push them to get the warranty date corrected and let this chapter close
Sounds good. This is the only thing that I want. I hope they cooperate.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks