Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships

View Poll Results: Have you ever dropped a car because of a poor sales experience?
Yes 206 52.82%
No 184 47.18%
Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th August 2019, 12:24   #91

Default Re: Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!

I voted 'No'.

Recently bought Renault Duster in Mumbai, Benchmark motors. Pathetic sales experience. I wanted to purchase this car far more than they desired to sell me one. They are in terrible condition as far as consumer interests are concerned. Their sales lead had audacity to tell me that their company has monopoly in Mumbai region as all showrooms are owned by the same group, so I can deal with it or find some other car. Okay, he din't say the later part of that sentence but it was implied. They delayed vehicle delivery by over 2 weeks after receiving all the payments.

There were moments and days when I was about to cancel booking due to terrible treatment, and insistence from my friends/family to rethink this purchase because (a) Duster is outdated car (b) Totally pathetic experience with dealer.

I did not budge because I was convinced with the product. I did not need glamorous marketing or charming experience with dealer to help pick my new car. It sure would've avoided unpleasant treatment but that is fine. Like GTO said, you are going to spend time with the car (product) and not with sales rep after the purchase.
ndp88 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2019, 05:42   #92
BHPian

We too have had a bad experience with Mira Hyundai Pune. We were promised a car on 24th Aug when we booked on 7th Aug. I had cancelled my booking with Kothari Hyundai as Mira offered a better deal and confirmed delivery on 24th my wifes birthday. Post booking these guys just wouldn't commit. Lots of reasons given none of them convincing. When we asked the booking to be cancelled and return our I10 given in exchange they claimed they have already sold it in a day!!! Now we are really stuck. The GM Mr.Raj Chugh is an arrogant man who told my wife this is what it is. Complaint to Hyundai has had no effect. Some calls from non effective call centres. This experience has left a bitter experience. We enjoyed the use of I10 for 9 years and decided to stick with brand Hyundai due to past experience. Please avoid Mira Hyundai if you can...
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2019, 20:59   #93
BHPian

Default Re: Had a bad sales experience at a dealer? Please do NOT eliminate the car model because of that!

I don't know how Kia is doing it, but the experience at their dealerships is pathetic. They're garnering the praise from 'critics', their showrooms are full, their car is decent, but the entire experience leaves a lot to be desired. It's probably the worst experience I've had while buying a car.

I'm here, ready with my money to buy your product. Atleast treat each customer as an equal. And give him time. I was forced to cut short my test drive as they said "There is a lot of demand. cannot waste so much time". Exact words. Same happened at Delhi and Gurgaon showrooms. No one bothered to sit down with us and explain the features, the pricing.

Sheer arrogance. They forget , Customer is king.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2019, 14:57   #94
Senior - BHPian

Voted NO.

Proof...Sold a GT TDI and Bought a GT TDI

As GTO has pointed out at the beginning of the thread, VW are not known for their Pre or Post sales experience. They do leave a lot to be desired for, even in its most basic sense. However, the products that come out of these German manufacturers are epic.

Of course in India, neither have VW Sales/Support evolved, nor has many (or most) of their products. The positive side though is that they have never really lacked quality right from the very beginning.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th September 2019 at 14:59.
Vik0728 is online now   Reply With Quote