Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2019, 10:09   #46
BHPian

Re: Ownership tussle for my Lexus ES300h (ex-demo vehicle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG Power View Post
No response by the company after more than a month of this issue being brought into the public domain. This is probably the only company to completely ignore such a major issue being faced by a customer for a year.
True, it’s the height of ignorance from everyone involved in this case. Every person from A.S.S, ex-dealer, senior officials from TFS and Lexus are well versed with my case. To be honest, the cost of car means nothing to big giants like TKM and Lexus. They can provide NOC and it wouldn’t even make a dent on their balance sheet and then keep on settling their dues with the ex-dealer. But it does mean quite a lot to us.
On 5th of January, it’ll be one year since we bought the car home as well as one year of emotional distress.
It’s not like we were asking for something extraordinary from the company. We were just asking to do the right thing for the customer who paid in full since the beginning itself and wanted the ownership transferred to him.
But that ship has sailed, we are not looking for NOC now.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 26th December 2019 at 10:11.
Dhruv29 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 14:35   #47
BHPian

The anguish is completely justified and I sympathize with you. You have already done a great job by exposing this on TBHP. Only if they could be notified that their brand is being scrutinized for bad experience on such a big platform could also help. I have just tweeted the link of this thread to their international Twitter handle where they seem to be very much active. I'll keep you posted if I receive any response.
uditsharma01 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2020, 09:54   #48
BHPian

Hi Dhruv,

Any updates on this?
Old 23rd January 2020, 14:27   #49
BHPian

Hi Dhruv29,

Went through the entire thread and I can't even imagine the ordeal you guys must be going through.

I somehow agree to suggestions made earlier - go for the bankruptcy clause. Also in the criminal case try and include TFS as well as TKML as one of the culprits. That should get them to respond. The only flip side is, they would have an army of lawyers to fight the case, but clearly they wouldn't want to do it as far as they have a choice.

All I can say is - all the best buddy. You have this entire community's support!
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2020, 01:03   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uditsharma01 View Post
I have just tweeted the link of this thread to their international Twitter handle where they seem to be very much active. I'll keep you posted if I receive any response.
Thank you Udit, i appreciate your help. But to be honest, I don’t think TFS is really bothered about our situation in this. Because most of the time Automakers have responded to the complaint posted on Team-BHP but we can see that Toyota India is least bothered to try to sort out the issue with the customer who has bought their so called Luxury brand for peace of mind and reliability. But instead the customer is made to run from pillar to post to fix something which shouldn’t even happen in first place and is Illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Hi Dhruv,

Any updates on this?
Nothing much as of yet, notice for cheque bounce has been sent to the registered address of Grace. Last week Mr. Pradeep was again summoned at the Police Station where he again assured the Inspector that he’ll personally get the NOC cleared from TFS by visiting their head office in Bangalore. But the week has passed and still nothing.
Last i heard from a Technician from Grace who has shifted to MGF Toyota is that 40-50 employees are planning to sue Grace for their past dues which are yet to be cleared by Cosmic Motors. Personally, I don’t think the company is really bankrupt or lacks fund. It’s all about clearing their respective dues between TFS and Cosmic Motors, where both do not want to settle it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
All I can say is - all the best buddy. You have this entire community's support!
Thank you man. Appreciate your reply. This community has given exceptional response.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 26th January 2020 at 01:23.
Dhruv29 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th January 2020, 13:31   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruv29 View Post

Nothing much as of yet, notice for cheque bounce has been sent to the registered address of Grace. Last week Mr. Pradeep was again summoned at the Police Station where he again assured the Inspector that he’ll personally get the NOC cleared from TFS by visiting their head office in Bangalore. But the week has passed and still nothing.
Last i heard from a Technician from Grace who has shifted to MGF Toyota is that 40-50 employees are planning to sue Grace for their past dues which are yet to be cleared by Cosmic Motors. Personally, I don’t think the company is really bankrupt or lacks fund. It’s all about clearing their respective dues between TFS and Cosmic Motors, where both do not want to settle it.

Thank you man. Appreciate your reply. This community has given exceptional response.

I suggest you use the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code. Section 138 is a very long drawn process and then too, it would hardly yield any results.
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2020, 12:26   #52
BHPian

Update:
I Emailed Cholamandlam for insurance update for my car as the same was due to expire in August 2020. The last insurance renewal was supposedly done by Cosmic Motors and i also received the new updated policy.
Yesterday, I received the call from Lexus Delhi informing me that the policy of car from period of August'2019 to August' 2020 was voided because Mr. Pradeep Chahbra issued an stop payment for the payment of premium.
So Cholamandlam voided that policy.
We as the new owner of the vehicle were not informed from Cosmic Motors or anyone regarding this at all and were driving the vehicle without insurance through out this period.
The ethics and moral value of this person is the worst i've ever seen. How can a person like him sleep at night knowing what he has done and keeps on doing. The kind of risk that we've faced due to a voided insurance and we were not at all in knowledge about it.
If he is that bankrupt after owning 100s of crores of industries and is not able to pay 1.2 lac premium he should've atleast said the same and not commit fraud after fraud after fraud. I hope he gets paid for his deeds.

Last edited by Dhruv29 : 7th July 2020 at 12:36.
Dhruv29 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 19th July 2020, 20:51   #53
BHPian

Wow! Just read through this whole thread. What you have been put through for over a year and a half is something that I have never come across before when someone makes a full, paid purchase of a car that's over half a crore.

We, as a nation, have failed to protect the very people that earn enough to put up with and abide by our exhorbitant double tax system and still have enough to purchase expensive, highly taxed possessions. Is there really no way to get this settled? Are we really that screwed up that we have no protection from these thieves and swindlers who are still allowed to operate and pull this terrible crime on other unsuspecting victims? God help us all. We have failed collectively as a nation as empathy and a willingness to do the right thing, seems to be sorely lacking as part of our cultural and social development.

I wish you Godspeed and Good Luck. I really don't know what I would do if I was in your predictment.

Last edited by Moontan : 19th July 2020 at 20:56.
Old 8th December 2020, 18:50   #54
BHPian

Update Dec'2020:

After fighting for nearly 2 years, I've experienced:
- Countless excuses and fake promises
- Fear that my car could be REPO'ed anytime for no fault of mine
- How a person is able to destroy his reputation for petty gains
- Different ways law enforcement behaves when high profile person is involved
- Insurance fraud and drove car for nearly an year for no fault of mine
- Ignorance from multi billion dollars corporations like Toyota Financial Services (TFS), Toyota, Lexus
and many other things...

After having criminal cases registered in court against the Director of Cosmic Motors, he buckled and provided me NOC from Toyota Financial Services and documentation for ownership transfer.
I completed the transfer of the vehicle myself in RTO and now the vehicle is in my company's name.

There's a saying, all ends that ends well, but I don't know if that's applicable to me. Because no matter how good the car is, no matter how faultless the car is, It'll always be a reminder of the struggles we made to get to this point.

I thank Team-BHPians for their support during this ordeal.
Dhruv29 is offline   (28) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks