Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2007, 12:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

some good news for chennai honda owners

i think most chennai honda owners would by now doing this after every visit to SUNDARAM HONDA.....

well there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel for all of us...

most of us who frequent the airport road might have spotted the spanking new dealership of honda - CAPTIAL HONDA very close to the airport...

today i just dropped in at the place to chek out whats on offer. i met with their front office executive..this is what i came to know

1) its owned by the same bunch of ppl who run KUN HYUNDAI - for all the good stuff we hear about hyundai service - i guess this augurs well for the harassed honda owners too

2) no specific value additions in terms of charges or other services like car pick and drop etc compared to sundaram honda - their only comment was that service would be miles ahead of sundaram honda...problem is their service center is ALSO MILES AHEAD OF SUNDARAM HONDA

i just finished my 60k service. .so need to wait for somemore time to actually chek out the service levels of capital honda...

any other members have experience with this center pls share the same..
Old 4th March 2007, 13:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Better late than never.
Honda seems to have realised that making a good product is just half the story.

KUN has become quite aggressive and has taken not only the Honda dealership,but also BMW's dealership and A S S!

Also,Mercedes and Trans Cars India are having relationship problems and KUN are in the talks to take over Mercedes' dealership too.
Old 4th March 2007, 20:49   #3
Senior - BHPian

A good reason to buy honda now.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
... SUNDARAM HONDA.....

....new dealership of honda - CAPTIAL HONDA ....... KUN HYUNDAI - ........
man, you say sudaram and then a new showroom,.... and later you talk about kun.....hmmm!!

let me talk about what happened in hyderabad:

sundaram ford was the only ford dealer in hyderabad, selling around 75 to 90 cars a month. then in nov 2004 fortune ford, showed up selling about 40 to 50 cars a month. even though sundaram was selling more than fortune, the total figure was shared between the two that was around 100 to 120. sudaram could have easily increased their numbers to around 90 to 100, if it were the only dealer (because, ford was giving attractive price cuts across all its ikon variants, espcially the 1.3).

something strange happened, sudaram ford closed the shop in mid 2005 (after 6 or 7 months of fortune ford being started), why did i call it strange?? still going by 50 to 60 cars a month, sudaram was making good profits. this development put hell lot of pressure on fortune ford for A.$.$, the waiting period for servicing was around two to three weeks, if you had taken an appointment. but few months later along with the launch of feista another showroom was opened by the same family as the fortune ford guys.

few months later another news broke saying kun(one of the dealers for hyundai in hyderabad) is keen on taking up honda dealership. again here too sundaram is the only honda dealership in hyderabad. there were lot of apprehensions that sundaram would close this obe too. but never got to here about kun till aveo was launched, it ended up taking Cheverolet dealership.

P.S: I think Sundaram guys prefer to have monopoly in their businesses.
Old 5th March 2007, 11:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

That was a great relief. This brings in good competition.
Old 6th March 2007, 05:19   #6

Could anyone post the contact numbers of Capital Honda-Chennai, I would like to try. I tried searching Honda website but capital honda not listed as a dealer
Old 21st September 2007, 19:21   #7

Capital Honda

Man, are these guys good. I had taken a city from Sundaram a year back. A couple of months ago, my car refused to start. I called Sundaram, and I was on hold for god knows how long. The guy who came on line said he would call me back. Nothing happened. And then I got the number of Capital honda. They were at my place within an hour of my calling them. The car was towed to their dealership, and delivered the next day, with no charge. The fuel pump had failed. And the icing on the cake, the car had been given a good wash. I got another service done with them last month. Smooth sailing. And a few of my colleagues are using Capital as well, and they love it. Impressive.
Old 21st September 2007, 21:17   #8

Excellent Customer handling & service

I have done two services (OHC 2003) with Capital Honda & they did through check on the vehicle and fixed the problem than simply addressing only the problems indicated. It was the situation when I had to do it with Sundaram, of course most of issued were never addressed at my satisfaction.

They ensure listening to our issues and immediately call the service technicians to look at the problem and provide us the solutions and after the service is completed they explain the work done by them. If required they drive with us to check out the work completion.

When I went for the second service, before hearing any issues from myside they checked out my first service record and then listened to my issues and all of them were addressed.
Old 21st September 2007, 21:55   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
A good reason to buy honda now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai.friends View Post
Man, are these guys good. I had taken a city from Sundaram a year back. A couple of months ago, my car refused to start. I called Sundaram, and I was on hold for god knows how long. The guy who came on line said he would call me back. Nothing happened. And then I got the number of Capital honda. They were at my place within an hour of my calling them. The car was towed to their dealership, and delivered the next day, with no charge. The fuel pump had failed. And the icing on the cake, the car had been given a good wash. I got another service done with them last month. Smooth sailing. And a few of my colleagues are using Capital as well, and they love it. Impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jash View Post
I have done two services (OHC 2003) with Capital Honda & they did through check on the vehicle and fixed the problem than simply addressing only the problems indicated. It was the situation when I had to do it with Sundaram, of course most of issued were never addressed at my satisfaction.

They ensure listening to our issues and immediately call the service technicians to look at the problem and provide us the solutions and after the service is completed they explain the work done by them. If required they drive with us to check out the work completion.

When I went for the second service, before hearing any issues from myside they checked out my first service record and then listened to my issues and all of them were addressed.
Good to hear the positive feedback you guys experienced. Lets hope that this sustains and is not just an effort by a new dealer to attract customers.

@John: It really is a good reason NOW to buy a Honda, aint it ?
Old 9th January 2008, 03:10   #10
BHPian

Sorry to bump an old thread, but i'd like to know how "Capital Honda" is performing as a dealership.?
Old 16th April 2009, 14:59   #11
BHPian

Can any of the BHPians give their recent experience with Capital Honda? Is the service still good? I am planning to give my OHC for service at this dealership. Please do help me guys.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:04   #12
BHPian

'Capital Honda' was fairly good till recently.

There is a new Honda Dealer - 'Olympia Honda' at Ambattur ( Khivraj Group ).

From the Honda web-site:

Dealer Name: Olympia Honda (Workshop) Map & Driving Directions
Dealer : Khivraj Vahan Pvt. Ltd.
Address : Plot # 21 , Industrial Estate Ambattur , Chennai, Pincode - 600058
City : Chennai
Email : mis@olympiahonda.co.in
Phone : 044-42299600/ 11
Old 16th April 2009, 15:08   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I think Sundaram guys prefer to have monopoly in their businesses.
It is not a preference. That is the ONLY time when they would ever get any business. I am really surprised they are still able to get some dealership or other
Old 16th April 2009, 15:11   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
'Capital Honda' was fairly good till recently.

There is a new Honda Dealer - 'Olympia Honda' at Ambattur ( Khivraj Group ).

From the Honda web-site:

Dealer Name: Olympia Honda (Workshop) Map & Driving Directions
Dealer : Khivraj Vahan Pvt. Ltd.
Address : Plot # 21 , Industrial Estate Ambattur , Chennai, Pincode - 600058
City : Chennai
Email : mis@olympiahonda.co.in
Phone : 044-42299600/ 11

Thanks man. I created a new thread about Olympia Honda just a minute back. But Olympia Honda is just a workshop and there is no Sales. I am waiting for feedback on Olympia Honda too from Bhpians and then will go ahead for the service.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:48   #15
BHPian

Cruiser_182 - I forgot to mention that Capital Honda is still way better than Sundaram Honda.

If you need help with the sales chaps at Capital Honda, let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks