Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2007, 09:33   #31
BHPian

I am open to group purchase, please NCR ppl looking for safari, PM me, we can fix-up & meet, sure we can get a huge discount if we ask for 3 vehicles.

@tsk....thanks for the idea man
Old 14th October 2007, 23:52   #32
BHPian

Hey Arun, Have u made ur purchase. Me too interested in dicor 2.2. I know its too late to ask but I thought to give an ask...
Old 16th October 2007, 20:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Hey Arun, Have u made ur purchase. Me too interested in dicor 2.2. I know its too late to ask but I thought to give an ask...
Hey Even I am in the process of making up my mind on buying the Safari. Just trying to clear some doubts that have surfaced up in the post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-indian-car-test-drives/29878-tata-safari-2-2-detailied-td-report-11.html which say that the new 2.2 Safari has some problems with the gasket etc. But I am totally bent on buying this truck.
I took the whole day today to read most of the LT reports and have come to this conclusion that though the Safari will come with its own share of little probs, but as they say the pride of owing a safari or should I say this BEAST is much much more rewarding compared to a little inconvenience of going to the service guys to get the probs resolved.
I can say that as I owned a Gypsy (way back in 1997) and there is no feeling compared to driving in a vehicle like Tata Safari.
So do let me know what is your status so that we negotiate.
Further I am a little surprised to see that neo_trace (see post) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/new-in...tml#post596744 has got a surprisingly very good quote from a dealer in Surat with discounts and accessories. Even the EMI is much less that what I have got from calling up 2-3 dealers.
Please do let me know if you have called up any of the dealers and what quotes you have received. I will post mine on the above thread.
Old 16th October 2007, 22:06   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
But I am totally bent on buying this truck. .
Me too is very inclined for the same. Probably wait for the initial glitches to be sorted out. Until now I am thinking of making a booking at the end of dec. (to get maximum discount) and to take delivery in Jan so as the model remains of 2008 ( to increase resale value).

I have tried HIM Motors in delhi but he was not ready to give any discount. However he quoted that about 22k discount would be there at the end of Dec.

I have yet to explore other option mainly for Finance interest rates. I have talked to ICICI bank and lets see how it goes. Will keep u posted about the same.

And really was surprised for the deal which neo is getting (Both Dis and interest rates.
Old 17th October 2007, 16:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Me too is very inclined for the same. Probably wait for the initial glitches to be sorted out. Until now I am thinking of making a booking at the end of dec. (to get maximum discount) and to take delivery in Jan so as the model remains of 2008 ( to increase resale value).

Hey
I am planning to give the booking in a day or two and take the delivery before diwali
What say
Old 17th October 2007, 21:31   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Hey
I am planning to give the booking in a day or two and take the delivery before diwali
What say
Its completely ur decision. There are both positive and negative feedback for initial bunch of TD cars.

However I m more inclined to book at the end of year untill I get an extraordinary deal.

Meanwhile i had a chat with one of DSA agent of Reliance and he was offering 11 % interest rate for Safari. As we discussed he told me that there would be some dealer discount if you book in second half of nov. Since its a new car the dealer would not be interested in giving good discount.

Also another suggesstion, Try to book with dealer who doesn't have any stock of 3.0. I am saying this essentially coz if the dealer is having the old stock he would prefer offloading them first and would give disc only on 3.0 And delaer having no such stock may give u disc on the newer one as well since he has to sell cars anyway.(they don't have anything to offload)

Lastly lemme know abt ur decision
Old 18th October 2007, 12:36   #37
BHPian

guys I am also interested to by the BEAST and i have hold my buy bevcause of 2.2 release and its there in the market, let me know if any dealer in delhi is providing any free bies or we can go together to buy more vehicals to get discounts.
Old 18th October 2007, 15:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
guys I am also interested to by the BEAST and i have hold my buy bevcause of 2.2 release and its there in the market, let me know if any dealer in delhi is providing any free bies or we can go together to buy more vehicals to get discounts.

Yeah Sure we can. And I think we can get to dealers and ask for 3 safari and lets what disc they can give. Whosoever gives the best We will go there
Old 18th October 2007, 16:55   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u
Quote:
All in all I feel that it comes in a good package and that too for about 9.05L (after disc etc) for 4X2 EX it worth it as I feel that its a value for money deal we are paying for the car and not import taxes etc which the government levies on imported cars. I believe that by buying the safari I would be getting full worth every rupee spent
Hi By getting the news and rading the forums I am also getting inclined for the purchase now. I may prepone my purchase from dec end to as soon as possible.

9.05 L, Can u give the breakage of the above quote (Like dealer disc, finance disc etc). Interest rates etc.

We have one more person interested in group purchase.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-3-0-a-3.html

In the meanwhile i would also try to get som quote from dealers.
Hi
Its really good to hear that u r thinking to prepone your purchase decision.
I am planning to go ahead with the EX 4X2 model for which the on road price is 9.36L.
Fin Amt 7.00 L from TataFinance (they charge a processing fee of 2500)
Fin Disc 31000 approx
1st emi advance is 15925(approx)
If you do the math then its as follows
(9.36-7.00-0.31+0.16+.02500)
The downpayment comes to Rs.2,23,500/-
Again this can change as I have inquired for a loan of 7 L you can certainly incresse or decrease it.
I have called a no of dealers and all of them are offering the same quotes. The Loan from TataFinance works out to be the best option. Some dealers have indicated that they might give free foot mats and mud flaps.
I am looking for a artic white color truck which is not available with any dealer but there are a couple of dealers who are expecting some consignment of Blacks, Gold, Silver, Grey, green.
Further all of them have said that if i would like to have a specific color which they do not have than the wait time is about 10 days +/- 1 or 2 days I think.
What say
Old 18th October 2007, 17:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Meanwhile i had a chat with one of DSA agent of Reliance and he was offering 11 % interest rate for Safari.
Hey regarding the quote from reliance, if the DSA is giving an emi @ 11% the EMI on a 1L loan comes out to be 2174 In this case the DSA will not be giving you any finance discount and he would be merging it with the loan amt.
If you decide to take the discount and club it with your down payment the EMI comes to 2275 and the ROI is 13%.
At the same with you get a discount of 4500 and in 60 months you have to return 6000 (100 rs diff in the instalment * 60 months)
So its a matter of ones personal liking. Some like to pay less emi and some like to pay less down payment.

Loan calculator from TATA Motors - Safari DICOR
Old 18th October 2007, 19:24   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Hey regarding the quote from reliance, if the DSA is giving an emi @ 11% the EMI on a 1L loan comes out to be 2174 In this case the DSA will not be giving you any finance discount and he would be merging it with the loan amt.
If you decide to take the discount and club it with your down payment the EMI comes to 2275 and the ROI is 13%.
At the same with you get a discount of 4500 and in 60 months you have to return 6000 (100 rs diff in the instalment * 60 months)
So its a matter of ones personal liking. Some like to pay less emi and some like to pay less down payment.
For a 7 Lac Loan the diff comes to be 700 PM in EMI which makes it 42 K which is again better than 31 K.
Anyways...Lets explore this part also. We might get better if we go for group finance.(3-4 cars) from tata motor finance as well or may be some nationalised bank. Also explore other option as well.

We should negotiate on interest rates as well.

Another thing. If we all get together finally. Let each member know each of the preference like Version, Colour etc. This way each one of us know the exact prefernces and then can ask/negotiate the dealer on his end. And finally whosoever brings the best deal. All goes there.

E.g. Abbey: LX, Color: Mountain Green
Old 18th October 2007, 20:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

I believe there are 4 members interested in buying this beast in the NCR
djbobo
abbey4u
bruty &
harjeev

I think that we should also mention the time frame when we are looking to buy the vehicle

djbobo
abbey4u Color: Mountain Green LX, (time ????)
bruty &
harjeev Color :Artic White EX (time immediate)

Any other ppl from delhi please mention your interest and then as abby4u suggested we should meet somewhere to take the matter further.
Old 19th October 2007, 14:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:

Any other ppl from delhi please mention your interest and then as abby4u suggested we should meet somewhere to take the matter further.
Sorry boys just booked my truck. Couldnt wait any longer.

Mountain Green LX it is. Booked through Sanya in Def Col. They punched the order yesterday and said it should be here before Nov 4. Found the dealer quite good actually and a sharp contrast to A-One which seemed quite 'Sarkari'.

Cheers
Old 19th October 2007, 20:00   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Sorry boys just booked my truck. Couldnt wait any longer.

Mountain Green LX it is. Booked through Sanya in Def Col. They punched the order yesterday and said it should be here before Nov 4. Found the dealer quite good actually and a sharp contrast to A-One which seemed quite 'Sarkari'.

Cheers
Congrats djbobo! Even I have passed my booking with A-One Motors today and have been given a wait period 10-12 days. Around the end of this month.

Though I too was not very impressed with the dealer at first but the brother of a senior accountant in my company is working as an accountant in A-One (south delhi) and he assures me that I will get the vehicle as soon as they get it from the company, further he says that he will try for the discount as well (though he is not very optimistic on the discount, but I am keeping my fingers crossed)

T-12 days and counting...........
Old 20th October 2007, 11:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
T-12 days and counting...........
Congrats Guess we'll get delivery around the same time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks