Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2021, 04:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: When does warranty officially start for a new car?

Seems a fair deal IMHO. The car is mostly not a demo as it has been manufactured in Jan 2021. (Unless the dealership is new)

If your PDI works out well, I'd say go for the deal.

However, a couple of points to note:
1. A note from the dealer saying that the car(with engine # & chassis #) isn't previously registered
2. If the extended warranty for the 6th year can be bought ONLY in the 5th year, I'd say take the cash discount. If the dealer shuts down in 5 years, it'll be a task getting the promised extended warranty and/or you'll be losing INR 7500.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 11:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Dear ike,

Just keep it simple. Since you have done the booking in Feb-21, ask the dealer for a February manufactured car. Older manufactured cars being sold later generally happens in the upper or luxury segment during to various reasons.

The dealer will give you reasons like there will be waiting and all, so it is you who has to decide whether you want to wait or not.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 21:26   #33
BHPian

Why take the headache and have doubts about the car whenever there’s a niggle? I’d say skip this and save yourself some headache. A benefit of 7.5k isn’t really worth the headache I feel.
Old 12th February 2021, 21:57   #34
BHPian

Send a mail to Honda customer care with the VIN and confirm if the dealers story checks out
Old 14th February 2021, 11:31   #35
BHPian

Looks like some genuine cancelation.. to be sure you can insist on the invoice dated 20th Jan and the claim the dealer makes - that the buyer got a Honda City, can be verified with a name matching invoice. If the name matched, u can avail the discount of 7.5K with peace of mind.
If dealer gives some excuses and avoids doing so, better to wait for your new car.
ChandraSekarMN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 12:16   #36
ike
BHPian

Dear Bhpians, thanks again for the inputs. Car was delivered a short while back. They had promised delivery on Friday but that did not happen since the temporary registration did not come through due to server maintenance at the RTO. Was a little disappointed that we did not have the car for the weekend but all's well that ends well.

Uploading some pics of delivery, yours truly is standing by (in the tbhp t-shirt), my son is receiving the keys along with my brother.
Attached Thumbnails
When does warranty officially start for a new car?-img_20210212_172713.jpg  

When does warranty officially start for a new car?-img_20210212_172827.jpg  

When does warranty officially start for a new car?-img_20210212_172824.jpg  

When does warranty officially start for a new car?-img_20210212_172838.jpg  

When does warranty officially start for a new car?-img_20210215_104355.jpg  

ike is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 15:42   #37
BHPian

Congrats. You did the right thing and I don't see anything fishy here. Warranty starts from invoicing date and if customer backs out then there is a probability that next is found after sometime. I took delivery of my car on Dec 30th but warranty start date was Dec 22 which was the date dealer invoiced my car and took payment. All well that ends well. Enjoy your new acquisition!!
Maverick Avi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 15:53   #38
BHPian

It is not a fishy business to be honest. I myself am a customer of such a car. My Ford Aspire's warranty started in February 2018, while I bought the car in December 2018 with a 20% discount. But the dealer had opted for third year extended warranty for my car, which was till February 2021. Till date, I have faced no problem. At the end, I got the car at a very attractive price + longer warranty than usual.

Recently, a BHPian while looking to buy a VW Polo in November 2020 chanced upon a car (brand new) in the dealer stock-yard of which the warranty started in July 2020. That car had the warranty started in July due to internal accounting purposes. However, that BHPian didn't buy the car since he got a better deal in another dealership.

These cases are rare, but it is nothing unusual. And that the dealership has been so transparent with you eliminates a lot of potential red flags.

I recommend you take the extended warranty and drive home your brand car.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 16:00   #39
BHPian

Congrats on the car, and I believe you made the right decision.
The dealer being honest with you is something which we see very rarely. The warranty started few weeks back, and if the dealer had not informed the same to you, you may not even realize this.

Enjoy the car and the many happy miles on it.
ps_abhijith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 16:42   #40
BHPian

I had a similar experience with Hyundai.
My car was registered in August 2019 but dealer wanted to deliver the car only after I had received the smart card due to many reasons. The M-Parivan app started showing the car details from August onwards.
I finally got the delivery in October 2019. But the problem started thereafter when Hyundai Service center people started calling me for the 2months/1000Km 1st free service. It took me many many calls to tell then and finally make them understand that car has been delivered only a few days back.

Again the problem started when they called me for 1 year service in August 2020. Again multiple calls from them and finally they understood the issue.

My insurance also started from August 2019.

All in all I paid for 3 months of insurance when I actually did not have the car with me.

Alls well that ends well. Congrats on the new car.
Archisman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks