Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Are you satisfied with precautions taken at the service center to prevent contamination?
Yes 21 22.83%
No 71 77.17%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 11:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Are service centers taking the necessary Covid-19 precautions?

I had taken my car for a wash recently. While not a service per-se, it did involve getting the car professionally washed. Only one guy at the booth was using a mask properly. No one else was. I kept asking them to not clean the interiors, but they kept going at it.

I didnt let anyone else drive the car, and given the state, here is what I did:

As soon as I got home, I sprayed the entire car with Savalon disinfectant spray. This includes the seats, dashboard, door covers, foot wells, boot etc. I also sprayed the outside door handles. I was using a mask the entire time I was in the car ride home. Once done, I took a shower and put my clothes for wash. I did not drive the car for two days after the wash (not very practical solution, but I try to not drive a car for a week after its been serviced after the pandemic kicked in).

I have no clue if what I did helps protect against COVID or not, but this is something I have decided to do each time someone else enters the car. I will do this when I service the car, regardless of whether the service center was following protocol or not.
DDiSLover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 11:03   #17
BHPian

BIG NO. Took my Rapid for service and at least 7 different people were in the car on one pretext or the other. No sanitisation pre delivery..just pathetic.
I had to put on my mask and avoid touching the face till I reached home and finally sanitised.
Call me paranoid but I’m not gonna touch the car for a couple of days now
Old 17th February 2021, 12:15   #18
BHPian

A big NO!

Because of the strict rule regarding masks, almost everyone in Kerala is wearing masks when outside, but social distancing is NIL, which, to a great extend nullifies the effect of wearing masks. You are not welcome at any shops/establishments unless you wear a mask, but there is ZERO social distancing anywhere. I think the same thing happens in car Service Centers.

I had given my Nexon for the 1st service at Sree Gokulam Motors, Kochi last month. As expected, you are not allowed inside if no masks. Sanitizers were in place. But a few minutes after I parked the car, one of their staff got into my car and backed it up to make space for another car. Then he got out and went back to his car. This would be okay under normal circumstances, but under the Covid-19 situation, it shows how poor is the awareness of the SA (like their other staff) about reducing contact points. At least in KL, all the controls are their on paper, displaying huge notices about social distancing etc., but in practice, there are no controls in place except wearing masks.
Old 17th February 2021, 14:15   #19
BHPian

Voted No.

Last August I had got my Dzire serviced in Bellandur. I was not comfortable with the service center picking up and dropping my car and did not want to use the public transport to get back home during these Covid times. I waited in the lounge and the work was completed in around 4 hours.

1. Many of the staff were walking around without wearing a mask. Nobody asked them to wear one. An equal number wore it under their chin. No social distancing between them when they chit chat.

2. There was a hand sanitizer bottle in the lounge and another one next to the cashier. Both were empty in the 4 hours I was there and there was no attempt made to refill it.

4. No foot operated hand sanitizers to prevent hand contact. No sanitizers outside the rest rooms.

5. The cashier was not wearing any gloves. For the debit card I had, there was no contactless payment option. The machine was not sanitized when I was asked to enter the pin and the cashier did not sanitize the machine after I gave it back to him. I still had to physically sign on papers.

I sent them a detailed feedback and followed up with a reminder. Got a standard reply from their VP-Works - "Thank you for your observation and feedback. Surely we will check and correct it immediately."

I have not gone back to check how things are.
Old 17th February 2021, 19:15   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I don't remember the last time I visited any service center. I always opt for pickup & drop.

Dealers sure are taking care of the press cars though. When the dealer's driver comes to drop off a media car, he goes through a 30 minute ritual of sorts. They sanitize the entire cabin, put on white disposable covers (steering + seats) and if that wasn't enough, leave these behind for us.

Are service centers taking the necessary Covid-19 precautions?-1.jpg

Are service centers taking the necessary Covid-19 precautions?-2.jpg

Are service centers taking the necessary Covid-19 precautions?-2020tataharrierfacelift25.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 17th February 2021 at 19:16.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 01:10   #21
BHPian

I don't know if I was being cheap but when I gave my Hyundai Eon for service I went to the extent of telling the SA that I don't need the sanitization service to which he replied "Saar this sanitization is essential for safety of our mechanics working on your car Saar"
I was amused and didn't unnecessarily argue further.
Old 18th February 2021, 08:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Me and dad went for our Ecosport's second year service in around July. Ford people took all the necessary precautions, with only a few customers/employees having their masks on their chins. They also sanitized the car before delivery, with no extra cost. (They did have something called as Smart sanitization package at rs. 750, where they were going to sanitize the entire nook and corner of the car, We promptly refused this). But this was in somewhat peak pandemic period, I hope they continue to follow the same guidelines today as well.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:19   #23
BHPian

I did multiple service of my cars in this Pandemic (3 times with Ford and two times with Maruti). Ford was taking all precautions. (Both in Hyderabad and Kottayam), where as Maruti (Kottayam), they haven't taken any precautions, so I asked Maruti people to drop the car at home. Kept the car like that for 3-4 days, then only I got in to it. Ford has a paid fumigation as well and I opted that too.

Last edited by anumod : 18th February 2021 at 09:24. Reason: Fixing a typo
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 17:02   #24
BHPian

No such luck in Vadodara in both Hyundai and Ford service centers. No sanitisation being done and most technicians are working without masks.
To be fair, no one in Gujarat is taking these measures seriously either.
Archisman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 15:18   #25

I had similar experience when I took my Creta for a service in Karnataka. I was promptly charged around Rs 300/- for disinfecting the car. I could see through the customer lounge - there was no disinfecting done! At least till the time I was present there. I think Covid gifted them another reason to charge customers
aruphi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:26   #26
BHPian

Wow. You are lucky to have the seat, steering and gear knob covered with tissue like cloth in the name of COVID sanitization. I got my car serviced at Maruti owned service center in Delhi(Naraina) and they didn't even have these things covered. They did change me INR 260 as sanitization charges don't know for what. No safety precautions whatsoever. I am sure they would keep levying sanitization charges in the name of safety for time to come without actually doing anything. This is plain rip off.
Maverick Avi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 12:50   #27
Senior - BHPian

I would say I am not satisfied with precautions taken at the service center to prevent contamination. But then it is not just service centers, everywhere the attitude is a bit lax. Cant blame anyone here as it is human mentality to lose precaution over time.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:40   #28
BHPian

I took my Figo and Ecosport for service last October and November respectively.
The basic measures were in place- most people were wearing masks atleast while speaking with customers and a sanitizer was available in the customer waiting area. I also noticed one person with a fumigation kit going around the service area.

Also took my Interceptor for service few months back, but those guys seemed pretty lax. Very few people had masks. No sanitizers to be found either.
Old 24th February 2021, 22:23   #29
BANNED

Just leaving your car in direct sunlight can heat the interiors, which may kill any microbes. Just using infrared radiation of sunlight. Again as you said, not sure about the efficacy of this method, just a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
I had taken my car for a wash recently. While not a service per-se, it did involve getting the car professionally washed. Only one guy at the booth was using a mask properly. No one else was. I kept asking them to not clean the interiors, but they kept going at it.

I didnt let anyone else drive the car, and given the state, here is what I did:

As soon as I got home, I sprayed the entire car with Savalon disinfectant spray. This includes the seats, dashboard, door covers, foot wells, boot etc. I also sprayed the outside door handles. I was using a mask the entire time I was in the car ride home. Once done, I took a shower and put my clothes for wash. I did not drive the car for two days after the wash (not very practical solution, but I try to not drive a car for a week after its been serviced after the pandemic kicked in).

I have no clue if what I did helps protect against COVID or not, but this is something I have decided to do each time someone else enters the car. I will do this when I service the car, regardless of whether the service center was following protocol or not.
overtaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 07:59   #30
BHPian

I got first servicing done on my Creta at Somani Hyundai, Baramati on last Sunday. SA and mechanic had masks on, no sanitizer provided though. Being Sunday, I was expecting rush at the service center, but to my surprise there were only 4 5 cars. Also as it was just checking and topping up of required liquids I was out with my car in an hour. They did not offer any sanitization services

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks