Team-BHP - sx4 delivery issues
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   sx4 delivery issues (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/23974-sx4-delivery-issues.html)

I booked sx4 (Zxi without Leather) at Pratham motors, Marathahalli ring road, Bangalore on 7th May 2007 (before launch in Bangalore). I was told that I am 7th person to book sx4 and I am 1st person to book 'Zxi without Leather' - in Pratham.

Until now, they didn't commit any date for delivery. While booking itself I asked it shouldn't take 2 months or more, they said "No, it will not take 2 months", BUT now they keep saying that it will take 3 months for delivery. For a customer who booked before launch, they can't commit any solid date for delivery. I am hearing that other dealers are delivering in 2 weeks time (is it true?), I didn't want to cancel this booking because I will need to pay penalty :Frustrati and loose my seniority as well.

Do any of you guys face this problem with your dealer? Please put your experience in this thread to make others be aware of it and see how they can solve the delivery issues.

Any inputs on how to solve this are welcome.

That really sucks .. See if you can get them to give you a commitment regarding the date .. Or else tell them you will cancel the booking .. Wait till monday , go to RNS and enquire about the new booking .. I shall put a word to the GM and see what can be done .. If you can get a delivery quicker at RNS then go for it rather than waiting endlessly like this ..

From what I hear , waiting at RNS is also 2 months ..

whats this so called penalty? As far as i know the dealer cannot levy a penalty on you if he is not being able to deliver the vehicle on the dates he has mentioned. You have every right to demand your complete booking amount and go elsewhere.

I dint get the part about losing your seniority either?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 435556)
whats this so called penalty? As far as i know the dealer cannot levy a penalty on you if he is not being able to deliver the vehicle on the dates he has mentioned. You have every right to demand your complete booking amount and go elsewhere.

Exactly.. They cannoy levy any penalty.. They would have told you this so that you dont cancel the booking.. Thats all.

Godfather

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathya_nars (Post 435550)
, I didn't want to cancel this booking because I will need to pay penalty

Diplomacy prevents me from saying what I really think about a modern-day customer who's allowed himself to be misled this blatantly and unprofessionally by Pratham Motors - its not without reason that the earlier Solar Automobiles was closed by Maruti only to have reopened rechristened as Pratham Motors.

Simply cancel your booking there, forward this entire thread to all Maruti emails you're aware of, and use mclaren1885's extremely good offices at RNS Yeshwantpur (yes - the travel is worth it) to get an accelerated delivery.

As a gesture of goodwill to mclaren1885, give him a bottle of half-consumed Royal Challenge and some paan on the way out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 435556)
You have every right to demand your complete booking amount and go elsewhere.

Along with interest if i may add.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 435565)
As a gesture of goodwill to mclaren1885, give him a bottle of half-consumed Royal Challenge and some paan on the way out.

What !!!! is that all ??? :Shockked: man, i had Blue Label waiting for you bangy boys just to get acquainted & no one turned up.

you are being taken for a royal ride...what do you mean you will loose your seniority? there is no way they can levy a penalty, in fact they owe you interest at 6% or so, iirc. bunch of crooks...

guys,
good inputs. I will wait till monday as mclaren1885 said, and then go with RNS.

I will fight with them regarding booking amount with interest as well.

By saying seniority, what I meant was: At Pratham, I booked before launch, but if I book with other dealer now, I will be at end of queue - but since anyway they don't seem to deliver, there is no point in worrying about seniority.

BTW, mclaren1885: I guess you meant to put a word to GM of RNS?

its true sathya...they cannot extort penalty from you ! this happened to me as well when i booked a scorpio with india garage (need i say more?). they were messing with my head with delivery dates and forcing me into buying a crappy stereo for 14k (actually worth 3-4k). i threatened to take my booking amount back (50k) and go to vijay auto...they actually delivered the vehicle in 2 days without the stereo + 14k discounted !!

Any customization you ask on a car will have a long lead time. When I booked for my Swift VDI I wanted ABS with it and Maruti didn't give me a firm comitted date. Go for standard configurations and see how quick you get you car.It is easy to blame Maruti, in this case it is totally uncalled to blame them.

I am shouting at them freqently (2 calls per day :Frustrati ), telling that I will cancel my booking and would publish about the mess-ups in internet forums.....now they have assured to deliver this week or next week - God knows how this is possible suddenly. Let me see how this works out..I will keep you updated on this...

Not the first time on this forum that someone has complained of Pratham and their weird delivery schedules. Just as i had mentioned on another thread, cancel your booking with Pratham, if they cannot guarantee a date and please proceed to RNS or some other dealer.

Please do ensure that the car which they fix up for you in a hurry is no demo vehicle which would definitely be a ripped apart car.

Paying a penalty,How's is that its your money dude and it ain't your fault if they did not deliver it on the mentioned time and how are you responsible if they can't keep up to there commitment........ If this case i suggest you shift over to an other dealer or you will be taken for a ROYAL RIDE....... and with the right contacts you might even get one, if the payment is made at the earliest........ By the way wishing you luck for the sx and which colour....??

Hi,
I booked SX4 ZXi (clear beige ) on 9th @ pratham motors.. i am trying to get the vehicle on june 6th.... after 3-4 days
they updated me the status position(5), i dont know whetehr i will get it or not.. i tried some othr dealers also.. no one is giving me the concerete answers...
do you guys know wut is the exact waiting period?............

sathya,
wut is the color u booked?... bcoz i have booked(on 9th) the same variant (clear beige) and they are telling, im in 5th position for this color...
but i got a call syaing that black color is ready for delivery....