Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2021, 13:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti is now allowing Nexa cars to be serviced by Maruti authorised service stations

Looks like Maruti is now allowing Nexa cara to be serviced by Mass. Good news I must say.

Maruti is now allowing Nexa cars to be serviced by Maruti authorised service stations-2fd84306ccb24038b2682b8732c13c35.jpeg
blackwasp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 14:04   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Looks like Maruti is now allowing Nexa cara to be serviced by Mass. Good news I must say.

Attachment 2205541
+1
Much needed. Infact I had a heated argument with Maruti on this when I got my XL6 last year. They denied accommodating my separate request but had assured they'll look into the matter.

AFAIK, the best MASSes of the region with good turnover and lowest complains are being allowed to service NEXA cars. Had posted about it last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Also there are rumors that MASS(Maruti Authorized Service Stations) which were not authorised to service NEXA cars till now, may get the permission soon.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 00:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops

Another important aspect of Maruti service is the availability of Authorized Genuine Spare Parts stores.

Website link : https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine-parts

In many cases, me and my friends have saved on labour cost for replacement of very simple parts and some needing bit of arm grease.

1. ORVM mirror pad replacement
2. Air, Oil, AC filters replacement
3. Brake pads and discs replacement + Caliper Grease
4. Back door balancers
5. Head & Tail Lamps
and few more.

Many FNGs source genuine parts from these authorized stores and customer is assured of part quality.
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 08:00   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti is now allowing Nexa cars to be serviced by Maruti authorised service stations

Thanks for sharing, Blackwasp! Moving your post out to a new thread so as to update others. A new thread means 100X the views & 100X the visibility in search engines, including Google. Will add to homepage later this week .

@ BHPians, if you should spot any good post in an existing thread that deserves its own new thread, please report the post and we'll move it out for greater visibility.

Thank you!
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 08:30   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti is now allowing Nexa cars to be serviced by Maruti authorised service stations

This might be official now but the on ground situation seems to be this for quite a while - the next door MASS have been actively pushing to get my Scross serviced through them for ~2 months. Also as far as I know, a few other Scross owners have got their cars serviced at MASS across the country in the past.

Is that not the experience other nexa car owners have had in the past? (especially if your car is beyond warranty)

Last edited by ninjatalli : 13th September 2021 at 08:35.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 08:46   #6
BHPian

So they should have basically given the same since the beginning with just a "lounge" for Nexa customers.

This in addition to the standalone Nexa exclusive service centers for those who want be 20th in the service queue instead of 50th
Old 13th September 2021, 09:07   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
This might be official now but the on ground situation seems to be this for quite a while - the next door MASS have been actively pushing to get my Scross serviced through them for ~2 months. Also as far as I know, a few other Scross owners have got their cars serviced at MASS across the country in the past.
Non Nexa service doesn't mean MASS. Nexa cars could be serviced at any Maruti dealer owned service centre since day 1. MASS don't deal with sales of any Maruti cars and they weren't authorised to service Nexa cars before

Have a look at this thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...workshops.html (An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops)

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 13th September 2021 at 09:09.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:01   #8
BHPian

I wonder why the announcement now?

I have been servicing my 2019 Ciaz Petrol MT (sold through Nexa) at Sai Service (MASS) ever since! Not just the usual annual service, we had 1 insurance claim thus far, and it was raised - repaired through the same service station. We have a decade long relationship with the station, and a dedicated SA takes care of all our family's cars.

Sure, Nexa customers in general are attended to in a different way than others (our WagonR also is serviced at the same MASS), and the difference is seen and felt. BUt I wonder why is the news out now? Or am I missing something here?
Old 13th September 2021, 12:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
. BUt I wonder why is the news out now? Or am I missing something here?
Please check Dr Naren's post just above yours to get the answer to what you are missing!
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 12:37   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigar1791@gmail View Post
I wonder why the announcement now?

I have been servicing my 2019 Ciaz Petrol MT (sold through Nexa) at Sai Service (MASS) ever since! Not just the usual annual service, we had 1 insurance claim thus far, and it was raised - repaired through the same service station. We have a decade long relationship with the station, and a dedicated SA takes care of all our family's cars.

Sure, Nexa customers in general are attended to in a different way than others (our WagonR also is serviced at the same MASS), and the difference is seen and felt. BUt I wonder why is the news out now? Or am I missing something here?
SAI service is a dealer workshop, not a MASS. Refer to the link posted by Dr. Naren above to know more about the type of workshops under Maruti.

MASS was a concept by Maruti which gave authorization to FNGs and equivalents to increase their service reach. That's what gave them the reach they have today. Slowly dealer workshops expanded and the concept of MASS got diluted, also assisted by MSIL's push for dealer owned workshops.

NEXA cars were not allowed till now at MASS:

Maruti is now allowing Nexa cars to be serviced by Maruti authorised service stations-20200814_164311.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 14:55   #11
ike
BHPian

I have been getting my S cross serviced at non Nexa service stations since 2017. Hardly had any trouble whatsoever, the latest one being carried out a couple of days back on Saturday. Not sure about recent models like XL6, but surely there are not enough Nexa service stations outside of metros. The tier 3 city that I currently stay in (due the pandemic and WFH) has only regular service centers though there are two Nexa sales outlets.
Old 29th March 2023, 18:15   #12
BHPian

Spoke to nearby MASS recently and was informed by the partner that Nexa Vehicle can be serviced, however they can't provide jobs/ parts under warranty/EW for Nexa

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks