Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 09:41   #16
BHPian

re: Buying a used Audi Q3 | Advice needed

Walk away.

First question, why did they not transfer the ownership previously?
Second question, Can you trust their 300 point checkup? The car many be hiding some gremlins.

If it wasn't for your phone call, they would have palmed off the car to you and wouldn't show any remorse. You will find a better car in a while, let this one go.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:04   #17
Team-BHP Support

Personally, I would walk away from the deal.

Reason: if it is clear he has tried to outright cheat me in such a significant manner (as your narrative clearly indicates), then I simply do not want to engage or do business with this franchise, however sweet a deal he may try to throw my way.
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
I want to understand how the Insurance can be in a different name from that of the one in RC? Will that insurance be even valid? From the points you have shared, it looks like the second owner had taken the insurance in his/her name and had driven the car. Is this legal?

Can the experts on this matter comment please?

Regards,
lsjey
No this Insurance will not be valid in case of any claim, its as good as travelling without insurance. I inadvertently did this when I changed insurance service providers for my car, absent mindedly shared my details while the car was not in my name

Realized this only when selling the car when the same was pointed out to me by the True Value team. Luckily was not stopped by anyone nor did I have to claim anything! Had to spend over a month and many visits to the branch office to sort this out, but finally had the names in the RC and Insurance matching

Last edited by arvind71181 : 11th October 2021 at 16:23.
arvind71181 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:30   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfighter View Post
1. Walk out of the deal, take full refund
2. Ask for a heavy discount as now the car is not single owner (as claimed by the dealership). Add warranty and service package from the dealer
Good that you called the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Personally, I would walk away from the deal.

Reason: if it is clear he has tried to outright cheat me in such a significant manner (as your narrative clearly indicates), then I simply do not want to engage or do business with this franchise, however sweet a deal he may try to throw my way.
This sums up everything. Simply walk away (is what I would if in your shoes). Once a cheat, always a cheat. This is no way an oversight.

2nd owner not transferring the ownership is understandable. All dealers do that too even when the car remains with them for months/year(s) at times. He was simply trying to undercut his losses during resale. Insurance purchase must have been his mistake I guess.

However, buying a used Q3 itself seems to be a heart over mind matter to me and our 'Dil toh Bacha haiji' . So relax, get the car checked by a trusted mechanic/garage outside of Audi as part of the deal, and tell them you will adjust the amount according to any expenses recommended by them. Also as part of this, ask them for a better deal. May be 1-2 lacs off. Unlikely that they will agree but give it your best shot.

Last edited by sunilch : 11th October 2021 at 16:38.
sunilch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 16:43   #20
BHPian

Just a quick update, as per the unanimous recommendation, it is wise to pull out of the deal and I did that. I had given them 2 options, give me a heavy discount or give me my money back. Their offer, take "service package of 2 years or 35000kms and My Audi Connect on the car" or take a refund in 3 days. Today is the 3rd day and still waiting for the credit into my account though they've shared the UTR a while back.

Thank you everyone who read this thread and chipped in with their valuable suggestions. I was delighted with the support of team-bhp members, some even have suggested good alternates which is heartwarming. I'll surely post a more detailed detailed account in a day or two, do wait for it !
streetfighter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:19   #21
BHPian

Re: Buying a used Audi Q3 | Advice needed

Quote:
Just a quick update, as per the unanimous recommendation, it is wise to pull out of the deal and I did that. I had given them 2 options, give me a heavy discount or give me my money back. Their offer, take "service package of 2 years or 35000kms and My Audi Connect on the car" or take a refund in 3 days. Today is the 3rd day and still waiting for the credit into my account though they've shared the UTR a while back.
Good thinking Streetfighter.
Meanwhile, would you be able to share the Car Regn Number here for other buyers, so that they do not fall for the same trick.
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 16:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Good thinking Streetfighter.
Meanwhile, would you be able to share the Car Regn Number here for other buyers, so that they do not fall for the same trick.
Here you go...
Buying a used Audi Q3 | Advice needed-q3.jpeg

Note: A full report coming soon. Stay tuned !
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 21:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go...
Note: A full report coming soon. Stay tuned !
Hey streetfighter, any update on what finally happened? Did you get the full refund? Bought another car?
Old 16th November 2021, 12:11   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Hey streetfighter, any update on what finally happened? Did you get the full refund? Bought another car?
Thanks for asking. yes I got the full payment. Lot of lessons learnt the hard way, I'm staying away from used car options for now as they are lot of homework and headache. A new car would mean almost stretching the budget to double, hope I get this sorted and some good news should come in soon
I'll try to post full details of this ordeal this week itself.
streetfighter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:12   #25
BHPian

A quick search in VAHAN gave this info

Owner Name:*U*H*R *A*A*A*I
Registration Date: 25-Jul-2017
Insurance:18-Mar-2022

Good that you walked away with this deal. I guess the second owner has bought the insurance through online sites like policybazaar. IIRC They check only the Regn No, Chasis No and Engine No and the policy can be in any name.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks