Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 22:33   #1

Shutters down for Rajasree Motors, dealers of Mercedes Benz in Kochi and Trivandrum

Mercedes Benz India has terminated the dealership agreement with Rajasree Motors, having showrooms and service centres in Kochi and Trivandrum, wef 30/09/2021.

Mahavir Motors will take up the place of Rajasree Motors in both cities.

Bridgeway Motors continues to be the dealer in Calicut and Thrissur.

Notice put up by MBIL in The Hindu dtd 11/10/2021.
Attached Thumbnails
Shutters down for Rajasree Motors, dealers of Mercedes Benz in Kochi and Trivandrum-20211011_215151-copy.jpg  

Manu John is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 07:59   #2
BHPian

re: Shutters down for Rajasree Motors, dealers of Mercedes Benz in Kochi and Trivandrum

Whoa! That's where we always gave our car to for servicing. The costs were exorbitant, but I imagine that's true for Mercedes-Benz dealers across the country.

The sales team was impeccable at the time we purchased our E-Class. Very helpful, enthusiastic, and eager to make a sale.

Any idea why they terminated the agreement with Rajasree Motors?

Also — I probably didn't look hard enough — apart from this article on team bhp, I couldn't find any other news article or press release or anything about this news.

Update: I just chatted with a bot like thing (probably a human) on Mercedes India website, and that executive confirmed that Rajasree Motors is no longer associated with them.

However, they didn't give any confirmation about Mahavir Motors either.

So, I think (from the screenshot of the news article) that Mahavir Motors haven't set up shop yet, but they will soon. So for the time being it looks like the only dealers and service centers we have are in Thrissur and Calicut.

Last edited by voldemort : 12th October 2021 at 08:23. Reason: update about chatting with MB
voldemort is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 09:24   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Shutters down for Rajasree Motors, dealers of Mercedes Benz in Kochi and Trivandrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu John View Post
Mercedes Benz India has terminated the dealership agreement with Rajasree Motors....Mahavir Motors will take up the place of Rajasree Motors in both cities.
Surprising considering how long Rajasree has been the dealer and the business they would have had over the decades. Did the opening of the AMG showroom and another big showroom start the decline? Not to say, Bridgeway motors have been bullish, with even some customers in Thiruvananthapuram taking delivery from Bridgeway instead of Rajasree.

It was rumoured that Bridgeway, TVS and a Mumbai based dealer were in talks atleast for the showroom in Thiruvananthapuram. So it is Mahavir motors, putting rest to rumours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks