Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2007, 14:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

Actually customer resentment with the way the companies treat their customers is on the rise. And this is immaterial of the final product. Whether that be cars or cans.

I think the reason it works different in India and US has got something to do with an important tool that their laws have provided that we do not have. As a reason the same customer centric, blue-eyed company turns apathetic and exploiter the moment they are here.

We need a class action lawsuit type funda here. In US if it is proven that a large chunk of users suffered because of the negligence of a company thats the end of the day for that company. It turns into Class action lawsuit that has the potential to turn into a drainage of billions of dollars. Not to speak of the loss of face, future business, strictures imposed under trade laws etc. Companies there find it much more worthwhile to invest in customer handling.

Get something of the sort here and I can tell you most of these companies will mend their ways in a real hurry.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:00   #17
BHPian

Harsh,
I totaly empathize with your position. It stumps me to no end. Honda & Toyota fared so well in this years survery on customer satisfaction on service related issues. But the truth is something totaly different.

You buy a car for its reputation for peace of mind but, sadly is not the case. I guess it all boils down to the dealer/service station personel, and how frequently they get audited by the company, which going by recent reviews shows these biggies in very poor light.
Old 30th May 2007, 15:06   #18
BHPian

After my fiasco with Honda, all my paint jobs are in the open market. No point ,..as the quality at the service center which is supposed to be better due to a clean room environment is seldom a gaurentee of a better job.

In my case Honda's excuse was there was moisture in the paint tank.,...and whose problem is that !!!!??? Not once but thrice for the same D@#* door.
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:59   #19
BHPian

Hi All,

Update on the Innova ...

Received the vehicle yesterday from Ravindu Toyota. The bumper painting job was neatly done and the vehicle neatly serviced. Guess the shouting over phone did the trick.

-Harshavardhan
Old 8th June 2007, 18:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Toyota has less service stations and have to deal with too many vehicles (although service interval 6 months to 1 year) for avalable dealership and they always wants to be in profit (this is the reason why they charge too much). They need to improve for sure!

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 8th June 2007 at 18:11.
Old 8th June 2007, 18:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Good that work is done but I do agree Toyota needs to improve a lot in service department. They do good job but frustrate customers
too much by delaying..

Toyota should provide more service stations in big cities... or they should have seperate service wing for Taxi

My. Syed at Ravindu seems to be very nice person best way is use such managers in service stations and get the work done else they will make
us wait and wait ...

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 17th September 2011, 07:34   #22
BHPian

Re: Ravindu Toyota - Body Repair Issues

Since it is just a bumper job, I would advise to go to one of the smaller body shops. They will give you a reasonable quote and do the job well. In fact I give all my cars to a place just next to me home called Classic Automobiles. The only time I would hand over this kind of job to a *** is when parts have to be changed, which the small body shops will not have access to.

Do message me if you want more details on body shop referred above.
Old 17th September 2011, 09:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ravindu Toyota - Body Repair Issues

A friend of mine got his Innova completely repainted for 20k along with tinkering at a small known painter's place, Viva Toyota had quoted approximately 80k for the same job.

As far as finish is concerned, check the finish on my Safari bumper painted by the same guy here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...port-up-2.html

also note the expenses involved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks