Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2022, 14:10   #1

Maruti authorised service station refuses to give me my car's service history in printed form

1)My maruti swift 2012 model just came back from a routine service from sai service andheri. My car is under AMC (annual maintenance contract) with the mentioned MASS. While taking delivery of my car i asked them to give me a copy of my updated amc history (In updated amc history one is able to see entire list of parts and labour covered under the contract as well as what has been consumed and when)

The service advisor flatly refused to handover the same.

2)I asked him to give me my car's normal service history in printed form since i am looking forward to selling my car. Even this request was denied.

Regarding case 1, I am seriously pissed off since it's my right to know what services are pending under the contract.

Regarding case 2, I wanted to ask whether he was right in refusing to provide me my car's service history in printed form? Am i compelled to take photos of service history that MASS displays on their screen?

Maruti rewards app is also pretty dull as it only gives information about the service expenses and not detailed break up of the same.

Please advise.
tejaslalit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 08:41   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti authorised service station refuses to give me my car's service history in printed form

Mod Note: Thread moved to the dealership forum!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 09:15   #3
BHPian

Re: Maruti authorised service station refuses to give me my car's service history in printed form

I recently got the print out of my Swift's complete service history from a Maruti Authorised Service Station. I just paid the printing charges to them in cash for 15-16 pages and that's it.

Note that it was not a dealer owned workshop.
Sherlocked is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 12:35   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejaslalit View Post
Maruti rewards app is also pretty dull as it only gives information about the service expenses and not detailed break up of the same.
Ditto on the experience and the rewards app.

I had asked a dealer's workshop who kept missing/avoiding it and then said they would send a pdf over WhatsApp which never came and a MASS said that they can't give the details from other workshops except theirs. Which was weird since the Rewards app gives the cost summary of all.
Anyway didn't pursue the matter further as other engagements were pressing.

My bad for expecting to see the entire service history including parts and labour break-up before signing up.
The idiot in me believed that once I become a member I should be able to see all details

Solutions :
1. Try some other MASS as the experience varies like the post above mentions no issues.

2. Raise a request to the Rewards app admins to show the entire invoice details in whichever form as it would completely avoid the aforementioned situation and MSIL could directly link us to their database which is fair since we're their customers.

I have already done the same.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th April 2022 at 17:06. Reason: Typo
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks