Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2022, 20:03   #1

Radha Group Toyota closed | What to do with my Smiles package?

Hi All, I need you suggestions on the issue which I am facing currently. Below are the details

I purchased Smiles package with Radha Krishna Toyota, Hyderabad whih expires next year. As of today, all service centres/show rooms associated with Radha group in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are closed for almost 40 days. This smiles package is tied to the Radha Group and can’t be used in other service centres. I reached out to Toyota through phone, email and social media but no response from them. What will happen if the service centres are closed for good? What is the process of getting the refund?

Thanks in advance.
snaga99 is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th June 2022, 21:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Radha Group Toyota closed | What to do with my Smiles package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaga99 View Post
This smiles package is tied to the Radha Group and can’t be used in other service centres.
Are you sure about this? Smiles package should not be tied to a dealer and you should be able to avail the same at any Toyota authorized service center. Please double check on this.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 21:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, I need you suggestions on the issue which I am facing currently. Below are the details

I purchased Smiles package with Radha Krishna Toyota, Hyderabad whih expires next year. As of today, all service centres/show rooms associated with Radha group in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh are closed for almost 40 days. This smiles package is tied to the Radha Group and can’t be used in other service centres. I reached out to Toyota through phone, email and social media but no response from them..
Here is the official confirmation from Toyota about the cancellation of their dealerships across AP.
Attached Thumbnails
Radha Group Toyota closed | What to do with my Smiles package?-img20220610wa0006.jpeg  

vvrchandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 22:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you sure about this? Smiles package should not be tied to a dealer and you should be able to avail the same at any Toyota authorized service center. Please double check on this.
I went to Harsha Toyota and they denied the service based on the smile package. Nowadays Toyota is offering AMC which is not tied to any service centre
Old 12th June 2022, 11:11   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This smiles package is tied to the Radha Group and can’t be used in other service centres. I reached out to Toyota through phone, email and social media but no response from them. What will happen if the service centres are closed for good? What is the process of getting the refund?
I have the Crysta on order and the dealer mentioned the Smiles Package (which includes three services for 11k); I asked the SA specifically if this can be availed at any Toyota ASC and he mentioned it will be honoured across India.

Either Harsha Toyota might be trying to deny this deliberately, or Radha Toyota sold you a Smiles Package that isn't Toyota's. If the latter, that's money written off.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 16:02   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I asked the SA specifically if this can be availed at any Toyota ASC and he mentioned it will be honoured across India.
Precisely my point - just like one can get his/her Toyota vehicle serviced at any authorized service center across the country, the Smiles package (from Toyota) should be valid across any authorized service center. Something seems to be fishy here.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 10:44   #7

Re: Radha Group Toyota closed | What to do with my Smiles package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have the Crysta on order and the dealer mentioned the Smiles Package (which includes three services for 11k); I asked the SA specifically if this can be availed at any Toyota ASC and he mentioned it will be honoured across India.

Either Harsha Toyota might be trying to deny this deliberately, or Radha Toyota sold you a Smiles Package that isn't Toyota's. If the latter, that's money written off.
I tried contacting Toyota multiple times but till now they didn't even respond to me yet. I will call them again.
Old 16th June 2022, 18:18   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Precisely my point - just like one can get his/her Toyota vehicle serviced at any authorized service center across the country, the Smiles package (from Toyota) should be valid across any authorized service center. Something seems to be fishy here.
I was told by Harsha Toyota that from 2022 all new smiles package (now called AMC) is valid in all service centers.

On 14th June I called Toyota Customer Care and explained everything once again after that they gave me a contact from Harsha Toyota. After speaking to him he promised to get the service done through the smiles package after getting Toyota authorization. So,today I got my car serviced in Harsha Toyota.

Thank You all for your suggestions.

Last edited by Axe77 : 17th June 2022 at 01:31. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
snaga99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 07:18   #9
BHPian

Our Crysta went for 40k major service at Radha Madhav Guntur, we were directed by the staff there to go to Nellore (250kms) for service as they don't have any parts with them. Curiously all they Toyota showrooms in a 500 kms range that are closed now are owned by a single group and mind you they are mighty powerful (literally the son of honourable Vice-President of India). I've observed a few weeks back that the name on the showroom is changed but not having basic serviceable parts in almost 4-5 districts is horrendous.

TKM should take note of this situation.
Old 28th July 2022, 23:47   #10

My Corrolla was diagnosed with the evergreen spiral cable problem and there is no service center within 500 kms. I ordered a part from Boodmo and it doesn't support steering controls. Finally, resorted to an FNG steering expert in Vizag to get it sorted. Both Leela Krishna and Radha Madhav closing down is a pain in Andhra and TS. TKM needs to find a new dealer at the earliest.
Old 29th July 2022, 10:12   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
smiles package (now called AMC) is valid in all service centers.
Correct. In addition, there are now several options to choose from. From my understanding, it was only a two year package until now (first three services).

My SA was showing me the AMC screen on his computer and the AMC now allows you several combinations of:

- no. of years (rather, months)
- no of kms
- coverage: you can choose add-ons such as wheel alignment / balancing

Essentially, you'll get some 3 - 10% off on select parts and labor, in addition to the PMS which becomes free.
Old 2nd August 2022, 08:33   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna_8118 View Post
Our Crysta went for 40k major service at Radha Madhav Guntur, we were directed by the staff there to go to Nellore (250kms) for service as they don't have any parts with them. Curiously all they Toyota showrooms in a 500 kms range that are closed now are owned by a single group and mind you they are mighty powerful (literally the son of honourable Vice-President of India). I've observed a few weeks back that the name on the showroom is changed but not having basic serviceable parts in almost 4-5 districts is horrendous.

TKM should take note of this situation.
I heard Fortune group (Fortune Ford) are coming up with few Toyota service centers. Not sure if they will open in Guntur.
Old 29th August 2022, 17:53   #13

I saw a Mody Toyota showroom coming up in Visakhapatnam, near Maddilapalem. Good news after 3 months. Not sure if the same group would take over all the older showrooms and service centers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks