Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2007, 21:28   #1
BHPian

Got My Swift Replaced

Hi! I took delivery of my Swift Ldi, Pearl White from Apra Motors Pvt. Ltd. on 13th June. I have had driven it for 350 kms and was enjoyed every second of it.

Today morning while at the dealership for some rubbing job noticed that my front fender has been painted. The white paint on the rubber trim and black edge's of the nuts were looking suspicious. So, I immediatly called my father and met the concerned people. Intially they said they will get the fender replaced with the new one, but on insisting the general manager sales Mr. Mittal replaced my car with the brand new one. Though I had to compromise on the color but I am happy that my car was changed and that too on the same day.

he also told me that, sometimes they do get cars with minor scratches which require paint job or touch up and its normal. He assured me that the original car is not accidental and was ready to give it in written. But, my father did not want to take any chances and so we got it replaced with the new one. I still can't believe that they changed my car as I have had already done close to 400 kms.

I appreciate the way handled the whole issue.
Old 18th June 2007, 21:42   #2
BHPian

Surprising!!

This is really surprising news!!! WOW!! G8 compensation for what you had dude! Wonder how many owners can expect this??!! So whatz the status of documents?! I guess the vehicle is already registered in your/dads name eh?! Similarly..insurance and road tax thingys??!! If not... what are the hasles you expect to happen in coming days?!
Old 18th June 2007, 21:43   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
I appreciate the way handled the whole issue.
Maruti service does speak for itself!
Old 18th June 2007, 21:48   #4
BHPian

Good on you dude. You took 'delivery' of a new car twice in less than a week. So which colour did you get the 2nd one in?
Old 18th June 2007, 22:38   #5
BHPian

Well Dealer is getting the papers done at his end. Registration papers were not submitted till today. Insurance cheque was taken back as it was Maruti's Insurance Policy only. Given a new temporary number.

I have got Sparky Silver now, it looks good but not as good as Pearl White. My car was getting smooth as I was near 400 km mark and was getting excited with each passing km. So as to complete running in period and then floor her.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:05   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

This is by far the most generous incident in car ownership I've heard of. I feel its not without an underlying and strong reason that the car was replaced so voluntarily.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:14   #7
BHPian

Well, it sounded strange and sweet to me when he offered to replace the car. Strange coz without any arguement's and explanation's. Though he was ready to give in written that car was accident free and only small scratch was repaired and therefore fender was painted. I even approved of it but dad wanted new, as doubt had already made it's place.
Old 18th June 2007, 23:16   #8
BHPian

this is lust too good to be true!!.. i dunno why but i find something really wrong here.. they dont usually replace the whole car for minor things like that.. maybe it did have an accident and the dealer was scared that your dad might go investigating n somehow find out its past.. so he got scared n replaced it..
or maybe some crazy guy wanted that colour very badly n didnt mind if it was already used for 400kms..
there could be a million reasons.. but what the hell!! u got a spanking new car.. congrats dude.. enjoy this one even more..
Old 18th June 2007, 23:29   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thats something I would like to hear happening in India. I should say it was a noble gesture to replace a car for something as trivial as a paint touch up. No offense here please. I agree from the customer's point that it is a niggling issue. Believe me, even I would react the same way here. However, what astounds me is the dealer's voluntary initiative to replace the car on account of this issue. Anyways, good luck and congratulations !
Old 18th June 2007, 23:32   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower View Post
Well, it sounded strange and sweet to me when he offered to replace the car. Strange coz without any arguement's and explanation's. Though he was ready to give in written that car was accident free and only small scratch was repaired and therefore fender was painted. I even approved of it but dad wanted new, as doubt had already made it's place.

Who is this dealer buddy? This is too good to be true. On one hand we have the other thread where Sam has found a major issue with his Verna with a broken axle and here you got it replaced just because of a cosmetic defect. Thats really great. Just be careful here although, I hope the dealer is not giving you a used car from some other owner which he would have exchanged in the same way. All the best. These things are really tricky....
But I believe since he is ready to give it in written, he should be genuine
Old 18th June 2007, 23:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Just compare this with shivasuma's metroford episode. Dude, are you sure you are not dreaming ? i cant believe this.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:07   #12
BHPian

The dealer in question is Apra Automobiles Pvt. Ltd. They have one of the largest service center in India, only after some dealer in South. I asked dealer what will they do with the car and they said will sell it for some discount. As there are all types of customer.

The car I got now had 9 Km on odo and the reading cannot be altered. I checked the car thoroughly this time and couldn't find any issue's. Hope there are no mechanical issues or manufacturing defects.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:11   #13
Senior - BHPian

I am sure there will not be any, so stop being apprehensive & enjoy your new car.
Old 19th June 2007, 00:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

With the HUGE demand for the Swift diesel, this car will certainly be passed on to an unsuspecting customer.
This is highly probable.
Old 19th June 2007, 01:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Now this is one thing you don't hear everyday

good on the part on maruti

years back i remember we got our 1000 replaced after 6 months

cong on your new new car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks