Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2007, 08:13   #1
BHPian

awful experience...MARUTI A.S.S.

On a diffrent note, having a bad experience with maruti A.S.S.. bought my swift vdi on 25th april. completed 1000kms kms on 2oth of may and went for 1st free service.
when i came back to take the delivery of the car, the bill said RS. 0.00... for 1 moment i thought wow .. has maruti started paying for consumables like engine oil.
then i saw that no engine oil change has been done. when i asked about this, they said :"sir, new gen tech no need of oil change till 10000 kms".
i said ok and came back. then after reading @ T-bhp, i went back again @1520 kmsto get that oil change and got it done. when time when asked didnt they do it last time, the reply was they didnt have engine oil in stock.

also during the 2nd time i asked about change of ECU of diesel swift and whether it was done oR needed in may car.. this time i had a chat with the GM. he said" no sir, it sis required for certain batches of cars only."
then yesterday i get call frm maruti gurgaon to get my ECU changed asap.

i m planning to and break the GMs head.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:41   #2
BHPian

Go and give the GM your head. Write a stinker to maruti mentioning the episode and see how these guys would be at your feet and shall never mess up with you going forward.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

dr.Abhijeet, its good that you are aware of what needs to be done on the car, and whats the scene elsewhere thanx to TBHP, but what about an ignorant customer?

Highlight the issue and you should be at the recieving end of good service and treatment henceforth. Maruti has been known to yield its stick on moronic dealerships.
Old 19th June 2007, 09:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

I agree, they do have some of the stupidest creatures as Customer Care & service managers. They know next to nothing about real issues & hardly know what they are talking about.
Old 19th June 2007, 12:07   #5
BHPian

just came back from the service station. gave the GM an earful. his excuse was he didnt know that my cars ECu was suppossed to be changed. i told hin when i had specifically enquired that time. why didnt he double c heck and answer.
regarding engine oil change, he didnt hv an answer, and said i m sorry.
another thing... that i noticed today was the floor mat given to me complimentry are not of swift in the back(passenger seat).since i drive alone and never bother to use the back seat i didnt notice it.

btw they didnt have ECU in stock and told me that they will call me when it arrives. btw,the dealer is ENTEL MOTORS. the only dealer in the state of sikkim
Old 19th June 2007, 13:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Doctor,

Email Maruti with CC to the GM for added garnish. They'll worship you from next time on
Old 19th June 2007, 13:13   #7
BHPian

Dr. I feel sorry for your experience. Whenever you are in doubt about service being offered, take it in written.

Please mail maruti or speak with them over the customer care number, scan your 1st service bill and send them as a proof that engine oil was not changed. You will see the effect.
Old 19th June 2007, 13:35   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
btw they didnt have ECU in stock and told me that they will call me when it arrives. btw,the dealer is ENTEL MOTORS. the only dealer in the state of sikkim
Thats the main problem. they may have the feeling that they can get away with this attitude.

Here we have four dealers, competiting with each other. So, the service is real good.

Please get in touch with Maruti. Have heard on many occasions that Maruti responds fast to customer complaints.
Old 19th June 2007, 14:33   #9
Senior - BHPian

Yes they are lightning quick, if you have a genuine/critical issue.
Old 19th June 2007, 15:33   #10
Senior - BHPian

dr. just dont let this go like this. I was always of the impression that such things would never happen to a maruti owner. So here we have the same situation. Only dealer in the state. No competition. and the same result. ****ty service(even from maruti!!!!!). MAke it a point that the top people in Maruti Udyog get to know about this. Atleast maybe it could help others from having to face the same issue.
Old 19th June 2007, 18:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Marutis toll free helpline number 18001800180.The dealer will be at ur knees in no time once u complain here
Old 21st June 2007, 14:48   #12
BHPian

the dealer is offering many things at deadly rates(IMO) and i m yet to complain, ALL this as an offer to inconvenience caused.
for eg.1. 17k for zxi alloys without exchange.
2. zxi remote locking for 4.5 k
3.whole lot of MGA stuff like shampoo, etc etc free

and gave a dupont orignial coating free.

all this just coz of an earfull to GM

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks