Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 22:00   #1

Horrible accidental repair experience at KPR Cars, Mysore

A very warm welcome to fellow BHP'ans. I am new to the forum and this is my first post. Unfortunately, my first post itself is about an accidental repair service quality that is offered at a Volkswagen dealership in Mysore.

I own a 2013 Volkswagen Vento, 1.6 TDI (bought it used). One day when I was heading from Bangalore to Mangalore, I met with an accident after Periyapatna near Mysore.

Horrible accidental repair experience at KPR Cars, Mysore-whatsapp-image-20220823-8.51.28-pm.jpeg

(Please Note: I know the image looks like the accident was my fault but I was on the extreme left side of the road when the accident happen and the tyre marks you see are after the impact and the car swayed to the right before I could gain control and bring it back to the left side and stop, this was because the alloy and tyre were completely damaged upon impact)

The next day I tow the vehicle to the Volkswagen service center at Mysore, called KPR cars. I am greeted by a very welcoming and supportive staff member who is the body shop in charge at the dealership (I wouldn't want to name him). I am assured that the service here is the best and that I would be facing no issues in the repairs and that the car will be restored to its original condition and that the vehicle will be delivered in 15 days. I head back to Bangalore relieved that the car will be back soon.

Over the next few days the insurance surveyor inspects the vehicle and the insurance company gives the work order and the work starts. After multiple follow-ups to check on the progress and a long wait for the Driveshaft to be delivered from Germany and later for it to be assembled at their manufacturing plant and then finally installed on my car at the dealership, I finally am asked to take delivery of my car.

By the time the car was ready, it had been more than 2 months and I had just joined a new job (I'm 22 and had no plans to start my new job with a holiday to travel to Mysore). I ask my SPOC (Single point of contact, i.e. the Advisor or body shop person) there, to give the cars to the security as I would be collecting the cars at night as I could not apply for leaves and he happily agrees. This is my first mistake.

I reach Mysore by 1.30 am and take the keys from the security guard and take my car outside the premises and drive about 500 meters to find that my high beam is not working. Soon after I also notice that my ear starts to hurt while playing the music and to my surprise, this was because the driver-side door speaker was not working and the imbalance in the audio distribution in the cabin was irritating my ear.

Going further I notice the following issues:

a. I had asked them to paint my rear bumper, but that was not done.
b. Plastic trims were not fixed properly (image below for reference)
c. Hazard, Rear defogger, and a dummy switch buttons were damaged (no daylight image for reference)
d. I got a dashcam delivered to the showroom 3 days before taking the delivery, yet it was not installed.
e. Alloy wheels were painted upon request but the clear coat was dripping.
f. After the market floor mat that I had installed was discarded without prior intimation and original carpets were soaked in water during delivery.
g. Headlight fuse was blown and the lights were not adjusted.
h. Newly painted front bumper had scratches.
i. Coolant was not changed despite me reminding them 3-4 times ( Because a couple of weeks before the accident I had put the green coolant instead of pink due to an emergency)

Horrible accidental repair experience at KPR Cars, Mysore-whatsapp-image-20220823-8.52.26-pm-1.jpeg

Horrible accidental repair experience at KPR Cars, Mysore-whatsapp-image-20220823-8.52.26-pm.jpeg

Unable to travel further I stay in Mysore that day and the next morning, I call the SPOC and tell him that there are multiple Issues in the car and that I wanted them resolved, he obliges and asks me to drop the car off the next day. The next day, I drop the car off in the morning and return back in the evening to collect the car and see that out of all the issues only the rear bumper was painted and the coolant was changed. I tell them that this is not acceptable and that I want all the work to be completed, and they ask me to return the next day and assure to fix the issues.

The next day I drop the car one again in the morning and collect it one again at night (10:30 PM) due to delays from their end. I take the car and go for 2 km only to find that now only the camera has been fixed and the rest of the issues still persist. filled with anger, I call up the customer care and raise a complaint, and intimated to my SPOC that I would be coming the next day to get things done and I won't wait for more than an hour to get it resolved.

The next day I take the car again and about 5-6 service associates gather and argue that all the speakers work fine while one of the associates removed the damaged buttons and replaced them with another car parked there ( I was told it was a demo car, but not sure). I ask the service guys to go to each door and check the audio before checking the driver-side door and after doing so, they all collectively agree that the speaker is not working and that it was faulty.

I then take the car from there and drive back to Bangalore. Now a few days later I take the car out at night to find that the car's headlight is still not adjusted, the car makes slight noise from the suspension area where the impact happen (all suspension parts were replaced here). I also find the paint from the right side running board peeling mind you, it has only been 2 weeks since delivery. Also, a few other issues still persist but I have decided to let them go.

Horrible accidental repair experience at KPR Cars, Mysore-whatsapp-image-20220823-8.50.04-pm.jpeg

Well now once again I am asked to drop it off at the Mysore service station to get it repainted. Once again I am asked to drop it off in the morning and collect it by evening. I have never faced such horror in servicing my vehicles.

This car was bought used despite my parents hating the idea of a used car as all our other cars were brand new and they were skeptical about used cars, but I was in love with the 1.6 TDI and preferred it over any other cars. All this hurts even more when you are in love with your car and that worsens the experience further.

I would still appreciate my SPOC there because he has always responded despite the bad quality of service. One more thing is for sure I wouldn't leave my car here again.

I am sorry I couldn't attach all the photos. This post was spontaneous as I wanted to save anybody I could from facing the same service at this dealership or any other dealership for that matter. Please do bear with me if I have not mentioned anything in detail or if my review was not on point, I will ensure to improve my posts as time progresses. To those who are wondering, yes there is an ongoing case and the person who drove into me was trying to overtake 3-4 cars when he crashed into me since he did it all of a sudden, there was no time to react in fact I did not know what had happened until I got down and regained my consciousness.
VKbhogale is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks