Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2022, 21:49   #1

Horrible dealership experience | Maruti Brezza booking

I had booked the Brezza back in July. I was promised a delivery by August mid. Come august 15th, there was no news whatsoever. When I pressed the dealer, I was promised a delivery by august. “ 100% sir you’ll be driving a new Brezza come august end. I assure you, I need the sale to happen more than you need a new car, I’ll definitely get it delivered!”, the SA proclaimed. I decided to trust him and to be honest, it’s not like I had any other choice. Come 31st August, there’s no news at all. Zilch.
I decided to escalate to the manager, who in firm words told me to “have patience, he’ll look into it”. I then received an email around 2 days later saying due to semiconductor shortage there’s a delay in deliveries and I’ll receive my vehicle by Oct end.

No offence, but there’s no way I’m waiting 3 months for a Maruti.
I called the manager and told him to cancel my booking. Now his demeanour changed and requested me to rethink my decision. I digressed and told him to either deliver my car within the month else there’s no need to keep my booking.
I get a call from my SA after a day saying there’s a grey Brezza in my configuration available. I accepted and made the due payment.
The dealer then demanded full payment along with insurance because it’s standard practice and unless I approve, the car will be allotted to someone else. I tried my best to negotiate but they were firm in their argument. Also I really needed a new car asap and hence I gave in.

Now the SA said it’ll take approx 8 business days for registration and tax( excluding weekends and bank holidays). At this point it sounded incredibly ridiculous, who takes so long for this! I again relented because he promised a delivery by 9th Sep.

Come 9th Sep he says tax has not been paid yet as the “website is not working for 3-4 days” and I should expect delivery around 15-16th.
I am absolutely done. No excitement left for a new car after almost half a decade. In fact I’m planning to sell this as soon as a good EV comes into the market.

For fellow BHPians in Kolkata, beware of Maruti dealers. They seem to be taking notes from their Toyota counterparts.

Mod Note: Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 11th September 2022 at 10:37. Reason: edited
autohead19 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 01:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Horrible dealership experience | Maruti Brezza booking

First of all congrats for your new car!
Sorry to hear about your experience.
Hope you will get the car in the next 4-5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead19 View Post
For fellow BHPians in Kolkata, beware of Maruti dealers. They seem to be taking notes from their Toyota counterparts.
Why have you not mentioned the dealers name? It won't be fair to generalize all Maruti dealers in Kolkata. In the last couple of months two to three of my friends bought cars from Maruti and everyone of them are satisfied.
And what's wrong with Toyota? Did you face any bad experience with any of the Toyota dealers in Kolkata? As far as I know, both Saini Toyota and Topsel Toyota are doing well and most of their customers are happy.

I will request you to share the particular dealer details with who you are facing the issues with, rather than generalizing all Toyota and Maruti dealers in Kolkata. So buyers will be more careful while giving a visit to this particular dealership.

Last edited by Samba : 11th September 2022 at 01:53.
Samba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 02:41   #3

Thank you! Yes honestly I can’t wait for my delivery. I just got the sms today that the tax has been paid. The dealer is assuring delivery by Thursday. Fingers crossed

Yes, the dealer concerned is Bhandari Automobiles.
As a matter of fact, when I thought about cancelling the booking here, I checked out another dealer(Dewars Garage Topsia), which honestly turned out to be a breath of fresh air.
The SA was impeccably polite and was much more transparent. He was so good at his job that I ended up booking on the very same day! He even assured me of payment after PDI and my own insurance as well. Hats off to the team at Dewars Garage. Truly great service.
Unfortunately I had to cancel my booking here as I accepted the Grey Brezza, but they were very polite about it and processed the refund within a week.

Regarding Toyota, I had the worst experience enquiring about the HyRyder. First of all no one ever picks up, and once they call back, they never really seem to care to be honest. I even visited the showroom to checkout the car, and the SA barely said a couple words. I’m quite an enthusiast and by now I’ve seen all the reviews so I know what to expect but a layman will be utterly clueless with them. The “take it or leave it” in behaviour leaves quite a bad taste in your mouth.
autohead19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 09:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hope you get your Brezza soon.

One of the USPs with MSIL is the number of dealers and ASCs available in case the experience isn't good with one.
Regardless do not hesitate to escalate it with MSIL if the dealer isn't honouring the commitments, you would be surprised at the response.

Although would also suggest to get the commitments straight and move away if the they start messing around or go unresponsive, that'll teach them an immediate lesson which other measures can't and its also the least cumbersome for us as buyers.
I know its easier said than done especially with the prospect of owing a new car but that's something I would do if I face such a situation.

Either way don't let this come in the way of enjoying your new car, congrats
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2022, 10:01   #5
BANNED

As Maruti has many dealerships, I would suggest you look out for free stock or cancellations with other dealerships as well, get a booking done through another dealership provided they are able to arrange your vehicle quicker. Once you get your car, cancel the booking from the existing dealership.

This is a leverage customers have because of large number of dealerships, and a way to tackle situations like the one you had to go through.
Old 11th September 2022, 11:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead19 View Post
I had booked the Brezza back in July. I was promised a delivery by August mid. Come august 15th, there was no news whatsoever. ....
Drop a mail to Maruti. Escalate it.
Maruti doesn't encourage such tactics by dealers. You will get response in a day or two. and a viable solution in couple of days. Their service is very good.

TBH, Maruti is very stringent with their dealers behavior. Somehow, you have dealt with some nasty guys.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks