Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2023, 08:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Volkswagen JP Nagar | Ignored by salesman once I shared my budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
What an idiot . He doesn't know that he could (potentially) convince you to buy a 16-lakh car or that, when you are shopping for a 40-lakh car after 10 years, you'd go back to him if he gave you excellent service.
Reminds me of this brilliant ad from Porsche:

n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 18:01   #47
BHPian

Re: Bad experience at Volkswagen JP Nagar | Ignored by salesman once I shared my budget

Its dissapointing to see vw skoda group still not paying attention to showroom employees.
Already the VAG group suffers from low sales and now this. This is truly unacceptable. In big cities like banglore, the employees should be more careful and friendly as the more closer they are to the customer the more sales they will get. What's the point of having good dealerships and cars when you can't look after your dealership employees VAG !!
Old 22nd February 2023, 19:05   #48
BHPian

This judgemental attitude is not limited to the car dealerships. here are 2 examples from 2 more varied fields wherein we get judged by the world !!

1. I have a salary account with one of India's leading private sector banks and have a dedicated RM. As a general rule I do not deal in my investments through this salary account and use another savings accounts to go about my investments. Now, this RM from this private bank when I joined in was very eager to make me do investments in term plans and what not (more to fulfil his targets rather than my investment goals) , One fine day I decide to give him an opportunity to invest via his plans and ask him to send across the documents. This guy has a look at the balance in my salary account (i keep it at minimum just to maintain the account) and stops responding to my calls and emails. When I catch up with in the branch he has the audacity to say "Aapke pas account mein paise nahi hain, invest kya karoge" !

2. This is at a real estate developers site on the outskirts of Mumbai. We were looking at some property options and visited a site, the sales girl asks for our budget upfront. Now we are new to this area of Mumbai and had very less clue of the prices in that area. I tell her my budget and within 10 secs she goes from being enthusistic to sadistic. Gives us a brochure with a price chart and bluntly says "Itna paisa lagega , possible hain to call karna" and promptly leaves to attend a call on her mobile.

These instances really had me shocked on how judgemental we as a society have become. Sad but true.

Regards
Diesel
Dieseltuned is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 01:27   #49
BHPian

Reminds me of the uncouth and unmannered Langford Kawasaki idiots. Didn't want to attend to me, haughtily said "we have superbikes too", refusing a test ride when I said I didn't understand what the big fuss about carrying my OG driving license was when Triumph had let me ride whatever I wanted to even though I wasn't going to make an immediate purchase, and had come to check out the Ninja 300!

Such pathetic fools shouldn't be given any second chances, just go to a different dealership if you really love the vehicle.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2023, 02:04   #50

Check some websites or just search on Maps and pick numbers of all dealers you can visit, ask all the info you want and pick dealer of your choice. It's an open market don't let some random sales guy deter you.
Old 23rd February 2023, 05:31   #51
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

One of the best test drive experiences I have had was with Tata. I was considering the Harrier a couple of years back and me and the wife went to the showroom here in Erode. The TD car was in service and tge SE promised to bring home the car the next day. He came as told and whilst doing the TD, he asked us to take it on the highway and we did a 60 km test drive. No other dealer has been so enthusiastic about TDs. I don't know if this dealer is a one off.
Old 23rd February 2023, 11:11   #52
d.j
BHPian

“Meetings” are always a mixed bag experience and such characters are to found everywhere, Infact, around all fields and functions we as human being would interact at some or other point. Same time, I don’t understand why the brand should get whipped( atleast at this point), truly no offence but I would have rather pulled up the manager and talked about it, I think it’s more subjective to dealer then about the brand.

Yes, no doubts I too have faced issues with VW service, in and out, at times.

Regards/DJ
Old 23rd February 2023, 22:02   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I really dislike this kind of ‘budget-based-discrimination’ on the part of these showroom execs. After all, if they were all so smart and talented, wouldn’t they have a bigger work responsibility?

Brings to mind these lovely YouTube videos of the Porsche ads. Our service industry in india is pretty good overall. But these car dealerships need to invest more in attitudinal training. Inculcate passion for the customers and serving them.

https://Youtu.be/KRbzJ0L1Zn8

https://Youtu.be/R8-9oIq1hxw

no words. I am so emotionally touched to see both videos. Thanks for sharing. VW India sales guys should watch these videos.
Old 24th February 2023, 14:05   #54
BHPian

I can relate to this experience... when I was looking to buy my first car, in my early 30s, I walked into the Honda showroom, casually, at evening time, to enquire about the City. I got a cold response and no test drive as the salesman did not take me a serious enough potential customer.

When you are seriously considering and want to know/experience about the product, it is always better to go in (a little) prepared. Whenever one walks into a big showroom or walk in to buy a high value product, we're first judged by our looks, what we wear, etc. Based on the experience, I feel it is always better to go in dressed well, research about the car prior to visiting showroom (team-bhp has great detailed reviews). Also make a point to visit showroom when it is less crowded, and preferably on a weekday (as that shows your seriousness). All those certainly work in your favour !
Old 26th February 2023, 09:17   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_k_b View Post
I was greeted by a salesperson who seemed friendly at first. But as soon as I mentioned my budget was around 12 Lakhs ( with some flexibility ) , his attitude completely changed. He stopped talking to me and seemed uninterested in helping me.
This is something that has been in practice by several dealers. Regarding your budget issue, If you're an employee of an organisation with offices in 4 states or more. Try getting the vehicle from other states with BH registration (it'll cost you somewhere around 50,000 at the time of registration for first 2 years).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 26th February 2023 at 09:37. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Kindly quote only relevant sections of the post.
Ronin1411 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:21   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I recently had a very bad experience at the Volkswagen showroom in JP Nagar, Bangalore.
Please do consider visiting the Electronic City VW showroom. I interacted with them in late 2021, and they were most accommodating in terms of giving multiple test drives (automatic vs manual; Polo vs Vento; TD route of my liking).

The salesperson was quite knowledgeable and wasn’t pushy.
Wageabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 00:33   #57

I had a similar experience few days back with one of the Hyundai salesperson in Kolkata when I was enquiring about Verna 1.5T. His first word was, that the variant starts from 17 L and what I do for my livelihood . Now I am in touch with a different salesperson.

There is only one showroom for Skoda in Kolkata. The sales person behave like they are pitching a 5 crore car. Selling their cars they are providing a great favor to us.

In comparison VW dealers are great.
Old 15th June 2023, 22:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
I had heard good things about Volkswagen and their customer service.
We both sure do live in different world. I also had a very bad experience with VW. I went to check out Virtus with my cousin. My attire was a little too casual but their treatment was not optimum to say the least. I said hello and got a question from the receptionist whether I can purchase their car or not? I simply said why else I would be there. Her face was worth looking at. We didn’t make purchase. We went to Škoda and experience was complete 180. We were looking for the mid variant and ended up booking style 1.5 MT. Both showrooms are almost neighbours so didn’t have to do anything to rub salt on VW’s wounds.
As GTO said you will live with your car not the sales staff. You can try someone else at same dealership or another dealership. If your brand image is ruined you can go with Škoda. Kushal is very similar to Tiagun. 19-20 difference. Don’t let one bad experience get better of you. Go for what you want. If can’t get the same in your city, try another city or state. Whole world is available to you and they are not the only dealers and he is not the only salesman.
Will be waiting to see your ownership post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks