Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2023, 15:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Salesman says my Creta has ceramic coating from the factory | Fact or upsell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdoyn View Post
Guys, is this similar to "buying in black" where you pay certain amount to get the vehicle in advance, jumping the queue, only in this case a service item instead of cash?
It is a grey area/unehtical practice- but not really the same as buying black.

A dealer will try maximize the profit per vehicle, especially if there is a line of customers waiting for the car. That is just the risk of buying high demand vehicles. In India, customers are still protected to a large degree since there is no dealer mark/market adjustment up like there is in the US due to our MRP regime. Check this for example- https://www.carscoops.com/2022/12/to...or-gr-corolla/
Old 8th May 2023, 20:02   #17

Re: Salesman says my Creta has ceramic coating from the factory | Fact or upsell?

Update

After a lot of haggling, I was able to convince the SA to forgo the ceramic coating and he agreed to it.
Right after that I paid a token amount as down payment and requested a PDI at the stockyard.

On the day I made the payment, the SA shared the car details and thanks to Chhanda Das mam's advice, I was able to verify on the Hyundai GSW website.
The next day when I asked about the PDI, the SA denied the request saying that I'll not be allowed to the stock yard and their PDI agent (?) would do all the checks.

Again, there was a lot of back and forth and unfortunately later that night, my FIL passed away and I had to rush to my wife's hometown.

A few days later (last week) I tried to convince the SA for the PDI but he denied it and I was in no mood for haggling.
However, the SA agreed to bring the car to the showroom where I can have a look.

Subsequently, the car was brought to the showroom by 1st May and I went on 3rd May to inspect.
The car was washed although there were a few dirt marks here and there.
The SA assured me that the car would be thoroughly cleaned again before delivery.
The electronics seemed fine to me.
That was the extent of PDI I was able to do.

I went to the bank next, completed the loan formalities (disbursement) and completed the full payment.

I will be taking the delivery on the 10th.

Heartfelt thanks to everyone who pitched in to help and advise in this journey.

This is the info I got from the GSW website:
Attached Thumbnails
Salesman says my Creta has ceramic coating from the factory | Fact or upsell?-cretagswinfo.png  

Old 7th June 2023, 18:33   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
My brother recently bought a Kushaq and he wants to go for PPF. As per him he will first have to get rid of ceramic coating to get PPF done. So, it's not just this Creta but appears that others cars are also coming ceramic pre coated.
Based on above I think sales person may be correct. Of course, worth doing your due diligence.
Well I assume it’s not ceramic coat but clear coat. VAG cars have one of the deepest and best layers of clear coat on their cars. Moreover VW/Skoda cars undergo chip testing which necessitate high quality clear coats on their cars and that also explains one of the best in class paint warranty by VAG cars.
Old 16th June 2023, 08:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What do I do? Please advise.
Thanks in advance.
If a company dealership claims to be offering a car that is factory coated with ceramic, then you can do the following if you dont want to let this piece go:

1. Check month and Year of manufacturing. Since the car is in transit, it should not be more than a month old. I think you can even find the date of manufacturing for Hyundai cars (not sure but remember waguely from a decade old thread by Wildon).

2. Check price: If dealership is trying to make money using ceramic coating, price would be higher. If they are selling at ex-showroom price, then dealership making money in ceramic coating aspect can be ruled out.

3. Car is in transit. If you wish to eliminate the doubt that is a rejected piece by some other customer, ask them that you wish to be present during unloading (difficult as it depends upon SA being aware of the truck’s arrival in the stockyard). Secondly its too much effort for them at a time when cars have a waiting period.

4. Do a thorough PDI to ensure there are no obvious defects, especially paint repair, dented panel replacements etc.

Basically, if the dealership is lying, then they are either trying to sell ceramic to make money or they are passing a car that is rejected by another customer or couldnt be sold due to finances or loan etc. If dealership is not asking for additional money and if the car is a freshly manufactured piece and is in transit, then both these doubts can be eliminated.
Old 6th October 2023, 21:47   #20
BHPian

Quote:
[h3][
This is the info I got from the GSW website:
How did you get this data? I registered on the site with VPN. But it is asking me for payment to view the data. Did you pay for this information?
Old 7th October 2023, 21:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikr View Post
How did you get this data? I registered on the site with VPN. But it is asking me for payment to view the data. Did you pay for this information?
Hey @harikr, I just checked. The web site is asking for payment for every single menu item.
Its taking me to the payment page every time.
After getting my car details, I haven't logged into the site. I'm not sure what has changed after that.

I'm sorry I cannot be of further help.

Maybe Chhanda Das mam can help.
holdoyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 21:57   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Hey @harikr, I just checked. The web site is asking for payment for every single menu item.
Its taking me to the payment page every time.
After getting my car details, I haven't logged into the site. I'm not sure what has changed after that.

I'm sorry I cannot be of further help.

Maybe Chhanda Das mam can help.
Hi, it’s not a necessity for me now. Just found it interesting and hence thought of exploring. That’s all. Thanks for the reply.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks