Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 01:57   #16
BHPian

Re: Fed up of Tata's after-sales & dealerships | Can I use FNG within the warranty period?

While this is not nearby, you could try the Service Centers in Jamshedpur (4 hour drive). I think the name of the Service Center is ASL motors. Its an old one and with Jsr being a hub of tata companies, there are lots of tata cars in the city. Tata motors regularly gives its employees Tata cars, at better rates, to prop up their sales numbers. So that SC would have a lot of experience dealing with issues related to tata cars.
Zippy_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 17:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Fed up of Tata's after-sales & dealerships | Can I use FNG within the warranty period?

Can someone please recommend a good Tata ASC in Bangalore. Key motors in JP nagar/Kanakapura road is hopeless.
Old 20th September 2023, 16:50   #18
BHPian

Update: What prompted me to create this thread was the last service experience at Abhi Automobiles (AA) - although the experience at some other workshops in the past have also been problematic but no other made me suffer this bad. AA did the brake job (bleed and cleaning pads) which screwed up the brakes and they made it worse on the second opportunity when I lent them another day to fix the misdeeds. They essentially got air in the brake lines and despite repeated request refused to bleed the lines again. Instead made the rear brakes super tight which made the wheels unable to freely rotate and pulling the handbrake lever a herculean task.

On the suggestions from this thread, I did get a reputed independent garage involved - they corrected the rear brakes and helped with the brake line bleeding to some extent, but it was still way off the original performance.

Someone brought this thread to the notice of the Tata CRM team (not the workshop's CRM). One of their managers contacted me on 28th Aug to query about the problems and wanted to inspect the car at a worksop of my convenience. We decided on TC Motors, Rajarhat. After a bit of back on forth on the timing (from my end), we met yesterday. The CRM and a senior person from their technical team were present, they also got the worksop SA involved. They took up the brake issue as well as a paint job botch up (overdone painting, visible patterns, done at KB Motors).

They had to do two test drives - once on my car and again on another Altroz (which had no brake issues) to ascertain that the brakes indeed were lacking. A thorough brake bleeding completely solved the issue. The body shop at TCM also managed to correct the paint issues to a good extent. My props to the two person CRM team, they did more than I had hoped. I still have one more issue to take care of (acceleration and mileage: last logged 9kmpl in city ) but that's for later.

From this entire experience, here are my observations / take aways:

1. If the workshop SA doesn't pay heed to what you have to say, get someone higher up in the command not attached to the workshop involved. They know how to get the ball rolling and how! It was wondrous how swift even minute decisions became at the workshop. Next time, this'll be my go-to step if the normal ways don't bear any fruit.

2. There are knowledgeable people in the higher-up. Dealing with workshops on a usual basis, it's wasy to forget that. The technical head I met clearly knew his stuff and was quite interesting to chat with. To some extent, they do acknowledge the lack of service level deficiencies at workshops as well.

3. Visit older workshops - they usually have a few senior mechanics who have ingrained basics from years of work. Compare that to a newbie who opens the bleeding port and keeps pumping pedal without closing it before release.

4. In case of a problem, before approaching a TASC, take opinions from an independent garage. This will give you direction on what work is needed and save time.

Finally, thanks to this community and to the person who brought this to their notice. It's unreal how awesome it feels to bring my car to a stop now (who knew it'd be pleasurable to stop a car ).
dijkstra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 12:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post

3. Visit older workshops - they usually have a few senior mechanics who have ingrained basics from years of work. Compare that to a newbie who opens the bleeding port and keeps pumping pedal without closing it before release.

4. In case of a problem, before approaching a TASC, take opinions from an independent garage. This will give you direction on what work is needed and save time.
Glad to know you were able to sort your issues. I certainly agree that visiting older TASC workshops is a good idea for reasons you call out (the sheer sound experience they bring). Also agree with you on seeking perspectives from FNGs, they are competent mechanics as well, but quite as mentioned by another BHPian, its important to stay vigilant with them if we have to give our car to them for any repair work until such time a mutual trust is built. As for FNGs, I also felt its super important to initially assess their working experiences on a similar model car. Some are honest to acknowledge they don't have the experience.
Old 17th October 2023, 22:46   #20
BHPian

Hi all
Though not related to the region mentioned or Tata specifically, but this news article surely touches the issue mentioned on this thread. Hence posting the link here. It's about the legal and warranty aspect of service and repair from outside sources.
Please share your views.

https://m.timesofindia.com/auto/news...w/99861582.cms

Happy motoring
sudanmohit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks