Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2023, 21:16   #31
BHPian

Re: Two Skoda dealers damage Kushaq interiors repeatedly | Makes ownership experience average to wor

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranib458 View Post
After lots of escalations, we had earlier agreed up on changing certain parts after they replaced from a demo car without my knowledge. Yesterday, all new parts that were agreed to be ordered and replaced were received and replaced in the car.
Glad to see that Skoda finally decided to address this. I guess this is much better than how things used to be with Skoda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baranib458 View Post
I have an infant and it was impossible to not have a car.
We were looking for a compact car with high ground clearance two years back. We dropped our plans to purchase Kushaq/Taigun since it was going to be my primary car and I didn't want to take the chance with an infant at home. VW/Skoda service nightmares along with the the irritating rattles and EPC issue made our decision easy.
moongazer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 20:30   #32
BHPian

Re: Two Skoda dealers damage Kushaq interiors repeatedly | Makes ownership experience average to wor

Odometer does not have to go to 0 if a new instrument cluster is installed. Whoever told you this has only surface level knowledge about how it works.
Old 6th September 2023, 20:31   #33
BHPian

I always wondered why Volkswagen and Skoda have such a bad service reputation, though I have used a Polo previously it was almost flawless and didn't had any major issues and service center visit until she turned 7. Then I upgraded to Taigun. Oh man, I totally get it now, I don't think its just a one off service center or dealer issue, its a total cultural issue in this organization. They take customer for granted and there is no such team in VW corporate who looks into these issues seriously without the issue blowing out of proposition.

My Taigun just turned One , during this period it had almost 10 service center visit and spend totally around 3 months at various service centers, 3 major warranty replacement and repairs. As usual none of this issues were initially acknowledged by the service center nor customer care unless and until I proved them the issue by recording some videos and highlighting through my personal contacts in VW corporate.
Spare parts availability is a joke, customer handling was horrible, they didn't even care most of the time and given false promises.

So either the product should be flawless so that we will have less service visits except for periodic maintenance, but unfortunately VW 2.0 cars are not .

Last edited by Adam : 6th September 2023 at 20:49.
Adam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 07:33   #34
BANNED

This shows exactly why Maruti sells like it does and people vouch for Toyota! For someone like me who is so steadfast on safety, I don't think will have the balls to buy a VAG car or from TATA. Totally can resonate with aam admi. My Ford has not given no issues in last 8 years, and their service is 100 times better than Skoda, mind you the parent company is gone. VAG should hire someone from Maruti or Toyota come whatever be cost. This single thread will be a deterrent for at least 100 probable customers.

Last edited by The Rationalist : 7th September 2023 at 07:36.
The Rationalist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 08:51   #35
BHPian

I went through this entire cycle of introspection when I was deciding on which car to buy, late last year.

The Skoda Kushaq 1.5 DSG was on my list of 'great cars I like and can afford, but will probably never end up owning'. The Tata Harrier AT was on that list too.

Such a beautiful car, luring consumers in with its performance and style, and then absolutely spoiling their ownership experience with all these service centre shenanigans.

After so much thought, I went with the Brezza, which I thought was one of the better cars in Maruti. But still a huge compromise from the Skoda Kushaq. At times, I admit to having a teeny bit of buyer's remorse when I see a red Kushaq zipping past me.

Then again, whenever I have any minor issue with my car, I see Maruti jumping around to help me resolve it. Even for the one major issue I had earlier this year, they quickly called out that it was a manufacturing defect and covered it 100% in warranty. They take their customer feedback seriously, albeit a little too seriously at times (there's a separate thread on that).

This is why Skoda loses on-the-fence customers like me to brands like Maruti, even though their cars are extremely superior in almost every important parameter (except fuel economy). Many people value peace of mind more than anything else during car ownership.

Last edited by Small Bot : 7th September 2023 at 08:52.
Small Bot is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 13:53   #36
BHPian

As an existing Skoda customer and multiple times being at the receiving end of things with Skoda ASC, I feel your pain man. But the harsh reality is these things never changed at Skoda and will not change.
Most of the dealers have some sort of nonsense attitude for both Skoda/VW.
Top management is doing nothing about it. Also they are not ready to supply parts freely.
Live with it as some have mentioned, for others you can try detailing centers who might reduce the visible damage.

My Ordeals:
1. My car instrument cluster was covered with the polythene which comes from the showroom. It was clean and hence I never removed it. But during one of the body job where a rear door was to be changed they removed it and obviously it was scratched with their not so good cleaning.
2. After this above mentioned body job there was over-spray not only near the rear wheel arch but also on the B pillar with gloss finish. It was a paint to get it removed.
3. My last insurance claim for a dent which went unapproved and unworked, the car was parked somewhere with open windows where it gathered dust all inside the cabin. I have to shell out heavily for getting it cleaned just before I was shifting to HYD.

I would advice to only go to ASC for warranty and service (that too within warranty ones). For everything else there are better FNG who treat you and your car better.
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 23:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post

I would advice to only go to ASC for warranty and service (that too within warranty ones). For everything else there are better FNG who treat you and your car better.
The main reason why I didn't get extended warranty for my car is because of the issues with those service centers and dealing with their pathetic warranty terms and spares management. And within the very first year of ownership I got totally fed up with the attitude of service personals and kind of lost the connection with the car now and even not sure if I will keep the car that long.

My advice for anyone who wanna get into VAG , be prepared! Your car ownership is not gonna be that straight forward and simple, you really need to love your car and have patience , a lot of patience !! else you mostly will give up and sell the car and move on to something else. 😀

Unless and until a strong customer law and a governing body is established in India these service centers and OEM's which are silently backing them are not gonna change or bother.
Adam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 00:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The main reason why I didn't get extended warranty for my car is because of the issues with those service centers and dealing with their pathetic warranty terms and spares management. And within the very first year of ownership I got totally fed up with the attitude of service personals and kind of lost the connection with the car now and even not sure if I will keep the car that long.

+1 to this. I somehow got the extended warranty for 5th & 6th year along with SMP for 4 years. I am regretting it as I have to prepare myself to deal with the ASCs we-dont-give-a-**** attitude. I am pretty sure I will not be going to ASC after 4th year service unless I have no help in the FNG. In fact for my SMP services, if these guys do not change something I really let it pass and get it changed outside/change myself.
And I have seen multiple ASCs in 3 difference locations in India now. All are nearly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Unless and until a strong customer law and a governing body is established in India these service centers and OEM's which are silently backing them are not gonna change or bother.
Then we will have to wait for another 10-20 years probably.
Old 23rd January 2024, 15:03   #39

I bought a kushaq 1.5 from Palace Skoda Mysore, trust me one of the worst of service centres seen so far. Earlier I had a Tiago which I drove for 6 years I feel tata service centre is far better than Skoda ones. I had 2 issues

one with AC and other with Noise in arm rest console, they kept my vehicle for 5 days and all i had to carry home was a dusted car. The technicians are useless and they say its operational issues. Skoda should surely look into it because the service centres are a crap.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks