Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 21:57   #1

Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo

So we are getting the car delivered next week on Dussehra, the BMW 330 Li Gran Limo. But our SA hadn’t called me for the PDI yet so I called to enquire. These were his words “The dealership carries out its inspections. Customers don't do any PDI. This is strange, first time I’m hearing a customer wants to inspect the car”. This was enough to make me suspicious, and I pressed on it so he said he will confirm with logistics and let me know. A couple of hours later, I was at the stockyard. He didn't come, but there were stockyard folks there. Now I am sure the car is fine and there is no need to worry however I’m just being careful and want to clear my doubts. I hope I’m not being given an old car or a showroom display one.

Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-img_0307.jpeg

The odo reads 13 km, which is great, and the screen has the protector intact (right corner)

Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-img_0308.jpeg

Now, the VIN no. I’m trying to decode, but everywhere it says it's an incorrect number, and please enter the correct one, which is confusing me. As far as I know, doesn't the 09 entail September, and P means 2023? Also, the car has water smudge marks all over it because they said they washed it beforehand. Is this normal?

The ground was visible through the engine bay, I guess it's normal, although I thought it would be aptly covered to a point.

Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-img_0306.jpeg

Please look closely at the reflection; you’ll see the white car next to ours has the white strip on the side door panel intact, as was the case with all the cars in the stockyard, but mine was removed. Is this normal? The driver seat floor was dirty too, and so was the armrest.

Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-img_0309.jpeg

This scratch wasn’t going away even after trying with my handkerchief, and they said it was not a scratch it was just the residue border of the white strip we removed earlier. This was near the front door as well as the rear door.

Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-img_0310.jpeg

Am I being paranoid?

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th October 2023 at 22:21. Reason: Please proofread before posting.
kal-el is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 22:25   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kal-el View Post

Am I being paranoid?
Most likely, Yes.

The car looks brand new and the marks should go away after a good wash. If you have any doubts, hire these guys for a professional report.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5637940 (Zekardo : Pre-Delivery Inspection Services)

VIN Decode - Check if you are confusing O with Zero or vice-versa. You can post it here and someone can decode it.
Turbanator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 22:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

The objective of a PDI is to find gross issues that can ruin the ownership experience, to find repairs carried out on a damaged car that is being sold as new, to avoid getting an old car from previous year that had undergone depreciation but is being sold without discounts.

- do start the car once to check the engine noise, vibrations etc.
- decode the VIN to find year of manufacturing. The same is clearly mentioned on form 21 (sale certificate) so dealers have this information as well in case you find it hard to decode.
- do not focus on trivial things and the car otherwise also appears fine as per your post.
PaddleShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 23:14   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most likely, Yes.

The car looks brand new and the marks should go away after a good wash. If you have any doubts, hire these guys for a professional report.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5637940 (Zekardo : Pre-Delivery Inspection Services)

VIN Decode - Check if you are confusing O with Zero or vice-versa. You can post it here and someone can decode it.
So I reached out to their website and booked an appointment two days ago. But there is noone reaching out, just an automated whatsapp saying your booking is confirmed and even they couldnt decode the VIN. Their helpline number is going unanswered.
The car hasn’t been registered yet.
Anyway here is the VIN- WBA27FH09PY426418
It’d be helpful if someone decodes this, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
The objective of a PDI is to find gross issues that can ruin the ownership experience, to find repairs carried out on a damaged car that is being sold as new, to avoid getting an old car from previous year that had undergone depreciation but is being sold without discounts.

- do start the car once to check the engine noise, vibrations etc.
- decode the VIN to find year of manufacturing. The same is clearly mentioned on form 21 (sale certificate) so dealers have this information as well in case you find it hard to decode.
- do not focus on trivial things and the car otherwise also appears fine as per your post.
I did turn on the car and everything worked fine, the AC, lights, speakers etc.
Is the form 21 after registration? Because the car will be registered tomorrow.
Thank you for clearing things out!
kal-el is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 00:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Anyway here is the VIN- WBA27FH09PY426418
It’d be helpful if someone decodes this, thank you!
Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-screenshot-898.png
The car is just a month old.

You can decode VIN via this website- https://www.mdecoder.com/
ex-innova-guy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 00:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-innova-guy View Post
Attachment 2519509
The car is just a month old.

You can decode VIN via this website- https://www.mdecoder.com/
Now thats a relief. Thank you!
Old 21st October 2023, 00:42   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the form 21 after registration? Because the car will be registered tomorrow.
Form 21 is filled at the time of registration and is part of a few other forms that are submitted such as Form 20 (application for registration) and Form 22 (certificate of initial road worthiness and PUC).

Your car is a month old as decoded by ex-innova-guy above so I guess you can rest all speculations and be excited for the upcoming delivery.
PaddleShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:37   #8
BHPian

Re: Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo

Decoded from another website
Attached Thumbnails
Queries about the PDI of my BMW 330Li Gran Limo-screenshot-20231022-08.34.29.png  

rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks