Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2007, 17:33   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Did you recieve your 1.6 Mag Grey? I am asking because I intend to buy 1.6 if it is avialble in Mag Grey color. For last 4 months I have postponed buying 1.6 because only red and balck were availablee.

Mumbai dealers still say that 1.6 is available in black or red.
Even I was told that only Red and Black are available and I had booked a red one. But once I mailed Fiat, sales guy called up and asked for color change confirmation.

All this circus with me is going on because of MAG GREY color otherwise Red and Black were readily available. Log a sales complaint with Fiat Helpdesk on their website and see how things change
Old 25th October 2007, 18:19   #17
BHPian

Hope that you've got ur MGrey by now and enjoying ride in it
Old 25th October 2007, 21:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Why dont you call up TATA as well ??? Being this a TATA dealer and they pretending somebody else as a sales manager is a serious issue and only TATA officials can address this being the dealer a TATA delaer...
Old 31st October 2007, 09:56   #19
BHPian

Happy Ending?

At last got the car delivered on 30th October after continuous pestering . They tried to give me same crap again that all other vehicles arrived in the trailer, but your car did not. This time I told him softly to deliver me the car before month end or I am taking my money back.

Even for delivery they did not call up, I had to call and ask what is the status and then came to know that car has arrived 5 minutes back. Sales guy was pushing to take car on 1st Nov as it will be a new month. I said that I am reaching there in 45 mins. Process started at 3 pm and finally said tata to them at 6.30 pm.

The vehicle had already clocked 58 kms on the odo and they did not have an answer for this. Their service station is around 6-7 kms from their showroom and while their driver was bringing car to the showroom after PDI and washing, fuel finished on the way

Before leaving their premises I told sales guy - "You had delivered a Palio 3 months back to someone and his fuel finished before reaching petrol pump (there is an IBP pump across the road ;-))" so he ensured that mine had 5 litres of petrol in the tank.

All is well that end is well!
Old 31st October 2007, 10:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy!

Enjoy driving & have a Great Ownership experience!
Old 31st October 2007, 16:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

congrats man post pics
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:45   #22
BHPian

Congrats on new baby.

Here in Hyd there are 3 diff dealers Autofin, Concord and Malik.

I have been to all of these dealers and enquired about the Mag grey and got same answer from all of them a straight "NO". What i feel may be they dun know bout this.
Old 13th November 2007, 13:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemarauder View Post
At last got the car delivered on 30th October after continuous pestering . They tried to give me same crap again that all other vehicles arrived in the trailer, but your car did not. This time I told him softly to deliver me the car before month end or I am taking my money back.

Even for delivery they did not call up, I had to call and ask what is the status and then came to know that car has arrived 5 minutes back. Sales guy was pushing to take car on 1st Nov as it will be a new month. I said that I am reaching there in 45 mins. Process started at 3 pm and finally said tata to them at 6.30 pm.

The vehicle had already clocked 58 kms on the odo and they did not have an answer for this. Their service station is around 6-7 kms from their showroom and while their driver was bringing car to the showroom after PDI and washing, fuel finished on the way

Before leaving their premises I told sales guy - "You had delivered a Palio 3 months back to someone and his fuel finished before reaching petrol pump (there is an IBP pump across the road ;-))" so he ensured that mine had 5 litres of petrol in the tank.

All is well that end is well!
... Congratulations anyway! you are right, all is well if end it well. I would advice to look for other dealers for the servicing. When we spend our hard earned money we deserve some respect and peace of mind. Its interesting to observe that how one bad sales guy (or service manager) can ruin the impression and thus business.
Anyway, I hope and wish no more troubles for you now and you enjoy your ride. Best of luck and Drive safe.
Old 13th November 2007, 23:44   #24
BHPian

Geez...

Thanks all for your response. I really got busy and could not get time to post pics. Here is the pic just before the delivery. I have already clocked 2022 kms and will post Initial ownership report, other pics, a Delhi-Lucknow-Delhi travelogue and accident report soon in appropriate sections.

Old 14th November 2007, 01:24   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all for your response. I really got busy and could not get time to post pics. Here is the pic just before the delivery. I have already clocked 2022 kms and will post Initial ownership report, other pics, a Delhi-Lucknow-Delhi travelogue and accident report soon in appropriate sections.
Nice color...Hope it did not hurt you and your car much. Awaiting to read your review and story. Please do share with us about the ownership experience and issues if any with dealers for repairs so far.
Good Luck
Old 14th November 2007, 14:24   #26
BHPian

Quote:
2022 Kms in 13 Days!!! Now we know the reason of your restlessness . Car looks great (also because i have the same color). looking forward to see your ownership report...
Old 16th November 2007, 17:46   #27
BHPian

Dhingras the Dependable Strikes Again !!!

Dude,

Nice to know that you got your car - now just wait to get the registration.

I got my 1.6 stile on 31st August - havent received my regn. papers as yet.

This is interesting - 3 weeks back I got a call from Dhingra saying that my payment is pending so I cannot get the papers.
On going to the dealer, they said that I cannot receive my exchange bonus since the papers were not in order.
I had exchanged my car at the dealers, they had a copy of the old RC...app now they found that they needed the RC transfer.
The entire transaction had been carried out at the dealership ..it is never the seller's responsibility to provide the RC transfer...and this had been clear from day 1.

After numerous fights, finally got through to some Tata people who are trying to resolve the problem - bt only after I paid the 10k which I was supposed to receive as exchange bonus.

On closure of the case, I am supposed to receive the refund.

Moral : If ANY of you are going to Dhingra, do not transact with the guy called PAVAN. He lies his head off in front of the management...retracting from whatever commitments he makes during the sale. Do give him a whack from my side !
Old 16th November 2007, 21:36   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Moral : If ANY of you are going to Dhingra, do not transact with the guy called PAVAN. He lies his head off in front of the management...retracting from whatever commitments he makes during the sale. Do give him a whack from my side !
Pawan Rawat? Man, I dealt with the same lousy guy. And I do not know how come whenever someone asks for a sales representative, they push Pawan forward.

You have not yet got your car registered yet since August 31??? Its too much. Now I remember someone shouting there for the same reason when I was completing the paper work for taking delivery. Looks like "Dhingras the Dependables" will not change their modus operandi until and unless any competitor comes up.
Old 23rd December 2007, 00:31   #29
BHPian

Feedback to Tata Motors works!

An update here after a long gap. I had recieved a call from Tata Motors for feedback on purchase experience around a month back. I told them the whole story and forgot about it.

Suddenly, this Monday I received a call from dealer's Customer Relationship Officer and that lady asked about the inconvenience that I faced. She said that they have received complaint from TATA Motors. After listening to whole story, she says - Now that your car has already been delivered, we don't know how to compensate for the troubles caused. I told her that I don't need any monetary compensation but you have to promise that it will not happen to any customer again in future. And there was a customary response - I have taken down your feedback for improvements in our services.

Then today went in to collect the Registration Certificate from the dealer. Also, received an Apology Letter from Dhingra Motors and signed the acknowledgement to Tata Motors for complaint redressal.

That sales guy was also behaving very nicely for the last couple of visits that I made for getting permanent number and fixing up new number plates. And today he was at the best of his behaviour I had ever seen.

All in all, it could have been a very good buying experience if they had maintained transparency with the customer. Not informing the real waiting time, giving silly excuses (e.g. your car had started from Pune but did not arrive in the trailor etc.), never calling up customer to update and trying to hide the facts - all this made me suspicious and caused me to panic.
Old 21st January 2009, 12:02   #30

Things have changed

[quote=codemarauder;629120]Pawan Rawat? Man, I dealt with the same lousy guy. And I do not know how come whenever someone asks for a sales representative, they push Pawan forward.

Hi all,

I think Dhingras have come long way. I booked Vista in Dec 2008 promised to be delivered on 1 Jan 2009. on 31st Dec I got a call from Dealer that vehicle is ready for delivary. On 1st when I went to took the delivary car was ready with customary Red ribbon. Guy I was dealing with was Mr. Naresh Saini. Decent Chap. Although he was on leave on 1st Jan, he gave me a call in the morning and told me to contact Ms. Anita as he is on leave and was contantly in touch with me till keys were handed over. Good guy! got me special discount of 5000 INR plus carpets, mud flaps and diviniti idol. He is bit rustic, speaks broken english not as smart a.. as other car salesman are but delivers what he promises.

Belt up and Drive Safe

John Weeran

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks