Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 13:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

Dealership experience ....

well i went to 3 car dealers(2 Hyundai and 1 maruti) to take test ride of Swift Zxi/VDi and Getz CRDi

here is the whole story ....

First maruti.

i went there and security guard showed me the parking for bike. i parked the bike and went inside.

one salesman came to attend me.

here is the conversation.

salesman: good morning sir.
me: good morning.

salesman: something in tamil ..... showing the chair
me: i don't understand tamil.(well i understood that he wants me to sit and talk)

salesman: which car are u interested in sir.
me: swift

saleman: diesel or petrol
me: i want to test ride both of them

salesman: please give me 5 mins sir, i will arrange test vehicle for petrol but for diesel i have chk if we have any.
me: ok no problem.

After that he left and i started looking in the other vehicles in showroom. there was no swift on display. but there was a SX4. i was the just looking at it and another salegirl came and asked me if i want to check the interiors and all she opened the door. so i went ahead. i was just fiddling with the interiors of SX4 when the saleman came and told me, that the test vehicle was ready.

ok lets go, i said. then he asked me if i would like to take a test ride of SX4 i said no, ZXi out of my budget and i am not interested in VXi.

then i went for test ride, it was a swift VXi, i said i want a test ride of Zxi.saleman said sorry sir ZXi is not available for test ride, he told me that he will call me when ZXi is avaialble for test ride. i said ok lets go with Vxi this time. took a full test ride for 20-25 minutes, i asked for empty road,bad road and what not lol. and he showed me the way, pushed the car to limits in 1st and 2nd gear and he didn't uttered a word lol.

we came back from test ride and the salesman told diesel will take some time as they have send it for test ride somewhere. i said ok i can wait. then he asked if i want to test ride SXi.

i was like errr... didn't i told its outta my budget. then he said just a test ride sir maybe it will change ur mind. i said ok i don't have any issue in test ride lol.

we came back from SX4 test ride and diesel was still not here. again i was waiting and for time pass was checking out GV. then i asked about the finance options and salesman called one UTi guy. i talked to him for a while and got a quotation and all. and still no news about diesel. anyways i wan't much interested in diesel so i said i will pass and left the showroom. while leaving the salesman asked fill a feedback form.

Hyundai

i went to the showroom was just parking my bike and the security guard came and told me i can't park my vehicle in front of showroom. i said i was just going inside the showroom only. he said no sir we have to take vehicles out so u can't park the vehicle.

i asked for parking space. and he showed me a space where parking a luna would be impossible lol . i said i can't park it there. and i parked my bike in corner of the showroom, i think there was enough space even they want to take a truck out from the showroom but again the guard came and started talking rubbish. i ignored him and went inside the showroom.

he came behind me and told something to the salesman in tamil. then the salesman told me park the bike somewhere else, he didn't even asked what i am intested in lol .i said tell me where . we came out of showroom and he showed me parking space around 3-4 building next to the showroom i said the guard there will object in parking the vehicle there and i can't leave my bike on road as its a very busy road. again same rusbbish.

anyways it was enough for the day i said ok thank you very much, i will go to some other showroom.

another hyundai showroom

no parking issues here and i went inside the showroom. while entering one salesgirl asked me in what car i was intestered in i said getz crdi and i would like to have test ride. she asked me to wait and she will call a person to attend me i said ok.

after 2 mins same salesgirl came and asked my name, phone nos and other details. and then told me to wait for some more time.

it was all chaos in the showroom, people running here and there shouting lol. after 10-15 mins a salesman man came and asked the same question which vehicle. i said Getz Crdi. he said sorry sir we don't have any test vehicle as there is shortage of Getz CRDi.

but he can show me the vehicle. we went outside and checked out the car. he said i can start it if i want. while i was checking out the car he told me how getz is much better than swift.

then i asked him when he can arrange the test vehicle. he said mid december,i was like ***. then he asked me if i would like to book the vehicle.

i laughed a bit and said i won't book it without test ride. he told me that they have sold may vehicles with test rides. i said i am not one of them. he said sorry sir we can't provide test ride as of now.

and i left the place.

i guess there is another hyundai showroom in chennai, let me see if i find time to go there. but after all this experience i don't think i will get a hyundai ever. being a chennai based company they can't provide a test ride here, i think its hopeless.

anyways i am also going to a tata showroomm for stile 1.6 test ride lol, after reading all those things about tata showrooms i think it will be more fun .....

Last edited by Rehaan : 5th November 2007 at 22:33. Reason: wat = what, wud = would. Please take the time to type words in full. Thanks.
Old 6th November 2007, 00:06   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
anyways i am also going to a tata showroomm for stile 1.6 test ride lol, after reading all those things about tata showrooms i think it will be more fun .....
Good one...but i guess after having a TD of 1.6 stile u might end up buying it. IF you are looking out for a new car.
Old 6th November 2007, 12:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Good one...but i guess after having a TD of 1.6 stile u might end up buying it. IF you are looking out for a new car.
hmmmm .... lets see ..... yeah i am planning for a car but not in a hurry

only if palio had ABS and better interiors choice wudhave been so simple :(
Old 6th November 2007, 17:03   #4
BHPian

Quote:
hmmmm .... lets see ..... yeah i am planning for a car but not in a hurry

only if palio had ABS and better interiors choice wudhave been so simple :(
Palio's default brakes are better than ABS provided you dont do insane driving at 120km/hr above.
And i feel that Interiors are good and at par with other cars in market.

TD it and you'll surely get excited.
Old 6th November 2007, 19:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i went to the showroom was just parking my bike and the security guard came and told me i can't park my vehicle in front of showroom. i said i was just going inside the showroom only. he said no sir we have to take vehicles out so u can't park the vehicle.

i asked for parking space. and he showed me a space where parking a luna would be impossible lol . i said i can't park it there. and i parked my bike in corner of the showroom, i think there was enough space even they want to take a truck out from the showroom but again the guard came and started talking rubbish. i ignored him and went inside the showroom.

he came behind me and told something to the salesman in tamil. then the salesman told me park the bike somewhere else, he didn't even asked what i am intested in lol .i said tell me where . we came out of showroom and he showed me parking space around 3-4 building next to the showroom i said the guard there will object in parking the vehicle there and i can't leave my bike on road as its a very busy road. again same rusbbish.

anyways it was enough for the day i said ok thank you very much, i will go to some other showroom.
I can be wrong, but I sense attitude problem there. These guys (security guard/salesman) were just doing their jobs. Just because you are a prospective customer, you can't do whatever you want. If you were NOT supposed to park in front of showroom, you are NOT supposed to. As long as security guard was polite enough in his behaviour towards you, he was doing his duty.

No offense meant!
Old 7th November 2007, 15:32   #6

Even I had similar experience with hundai, its the showroom responsibility to provide parking space, and they can not expect customers to come in public transport or by walk !!!

There are so many shops loosing business because of lack of parking place and even one ways.
Old 8th November 2007, 10:42   #7
BHPian

one thing i would like to add out that don't judge them on basis of just parking issue. Parking problem is mess here in delhi and virtually you'll not find any space here to park. So the same goes with dealers also. They got showrooms to park their new cars and some in backyard for stock but they don't own the entire roads to let everycustomer park in front here and there. Even they face issues. Some are good in cooperating and guiding customers to park as some place and some are rude as well. Depends from person to person u are dealing with. But i feel that parking issues should not be taken that seriously.
Old 8th November 2007, 11:24   #8
BHPian

ROFL! Interesting experiences :P
BTW which Maruti dealer was this?
Old 8th November 2007, 11:49   #9
BHPian

Quote:

i had been through something similar...

i bought my Suzuki Shogun in Chennai from Ramkay Adyar way back in 99. once when I wanted some spare, I went to another TVS showroom at Alwarpet (forgot the name) due to its proximity to my home then.

a security and a technician there picked up a serious brawl with me against parking my bike in front of their showroom for the only reason that my Shogun was not from their showroom!!! LOL!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks